Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2024 7:10:01 PM EDT
It's like Christmas 1989 all over again lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
That is going to have to wait for better weather.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have line traced all the parts.  

Would be nice to have an STL that you could then have replacement parts cut from or even 3D print yourself...
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember seeing those in RCM magazine.  Which...damn I am old.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn thats an OG.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I still have my RC-10 buggy and my RC-10L. I’ve thought about getting them going, but not sure what to use. What battery, motor and speed control are you going to use?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nimrag:
I still have my RC-10 buggy and my RC-10L. I’ve thought about getting them going, but not sure what to use. What battery, motor and speed control are you going to use?
View Quote

Right now I just put in a Tamiya silver can 540. Probably a Hobbywing 1060 and low C rated Lipo just to run it and see how it does. It's going to mainly be a Shelf Queen.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ll have to check those out
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Kind of wish I still had my RC-10 buggy with aftermarket graphite chasis and  trailing arm suspension as well as my 10L (narrow body) - I gave them away 25+ years ago.

This thread makes me feel very old, but man those cars were fun.

-shooter
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got this on a shelf with minor wear and tear.  I used to have the gold tub version as a kid.  I bought this about 10 years later.

I missed out on the limited re-release of the original RC10 back 20 or so years ago.

Building that first one way back then was so much fun.  I remember the goofy wire wound resistor speed control that used a servo.  My first controller was a 2 stick controller with a telescoping antenna and a frequency crystal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:07:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Did a body for it too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:15:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I f'ed up and sold my Losi XX4 with a custom painted body many years ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Always wanted a RC10L. I started off with a RC10 Team Car buggy. Best Christmas ever.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARinKCMO] [#15]
Very cool!  That is what I should have gotten way back.

A friend bought and built an RC-10 Champion car, with the gold chassis, around 93 or so, with the Stealth transmission, which at the time was Hot Shit.  I wound up buying it off him a year or two later, cause we didn't have tracks in the area, and running it in the yard was boring, and he needed a couple hundred bucks.  I just wanted to run it around parking lots, so I 'converted' it a bit to be more street friendly.  I broke a suspension bracket running into a curb, and tore it all apart to replace that, along with upgrading the shocks and returning it to dirt use, cause a track in the area had opened. I had even got it a new body shell, and airbrushed up a very nice 90s yellow and purple Van Halen style paint job on it.  ADHD got the better of me, and here we are like nearly 30 years later and it's still in a box, half assembled.

Fast forward and the city I'm in now has a fancy indoor dirt track 5 minutes from the house.  I keep meaning to take it to them and see what they'd charge me to reassemble it at the very least, maybe see about some modern upgrades for it as well so I could run the track there.  Heh.

(Oh shit!  I looked up the place near me, and they have indoor and outdoor off-road and road courses for 1/10 and 1/8 scale.  Definitely need to stop by there very soon and check it all out.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top