Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2023 12:00:11 PM EDT
I'm trying to cobble together stuff until I figure out more-or-less what I want.
I have an older onkyo smart AV  receiver with 170 wats/chanel and  some Time window speakers. I have now happened into a Sansui Compu-equalizer.
Am I looking at apples and oranges here? Does an equalizer need to go in place that is not possible with this kind of receiver?  Or can I just put the equalizer after the receiver before the speakers. I'm also running a sub but I don't believe that needs to go through the equalizer. But I have no idea.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Your AV receiver probably has a room correction system built in, that's probably superior to using an EQ.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigx5murf:
Your AV receiver probably has a room correction system built in, that's probably superior to using an EQ.
View Quote

I'll look through the manual.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Usually, once you plug in the included setup mic, the OSD will walk you through the rest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top