Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2024 9:03:53 PM EDT
I was NAUI certified back in 02. Got a comprehensive PADI refresher earlier this year. Dive computers are new to me. I learned to use tables and the online classroom portion of my refresher required using tables to make your calculations.

From what I understand most places I may dive at will require a computer(just going off what I was told). Whether I rent one or buy one the shops like to see them used.

Any ideas for a color screen(probably wrist mounted) computer? I would love to have the ability to add a transmitter for my air supply but that seems to put me into another price bracket. I saw this model at my local dive shop. It cant add a transmitter but looked decent. Any thoughts? Aqualung i330r

https://www.scuba.com/p-udri330/aqualung-i330r-wrist-computer?msclkid=fccbb5587581169478f7d0ba0f43e43d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Scuba.com%20-%20US%20-%20SP%20-%20Smart%20-%20All%20Products&utm_term=4580359297908840&utm_content=SP%20-%20Smart%20-%20Categories%20-%20All%20Products&gclid=fccbb5587581169478f7d0ba0f43e43d&gclsrc=3p.ds

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Also I dont want to break the bank. I would love to be <$600 w/o a transmitter(assuming it can be added).
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I run this and love it.....   https://www.scuba.com/p-swtpdc/shearwater-peregrine-dive-computer-black?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAloavBhBOEiwAbtAJO41HmqK70LXXEvOauReaNGgsVpMFUbGKfqVhWrUV31SO8vMFhndisxoCKEAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you want to add a transmitter in the future, I'd look at the Garmin or the Perdix.....  https://www.diverightinscuba.com/perdix-2-dive-computer.html

If you want a deal on a Peregrine, I have an extra one in great shape that I would sell at a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Longlegs:
I run this and love it.....   https://www.scuba.com/p-swtpdc/shearwater-peregrine-dive-computer-black?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAloavBhBOEiwAbtAJO41HmqK70LXXEvOauReaNGgsVpMFUbGKfqVhWrUV31SO8vMFhndisxoCKEAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you want to add a transmitter in the future, I'd look at the Garmin or the Perdix.....  https://www.diverightinscuba.com/perdix-2-dive-computer.html

If you want a deal on a Peregrine, I have an extra one in great shape that I would sell at a good deal.
View Quote

Can you send me a link on the computer and pics. I leave a week from this coming Saturday and would love to train with something on the dives.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Sent you a message.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Longlegs:
Sent you a message.
View Quote

Sent you a text. Let me know if you dont get it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the Peregrine is a great computer for recreational divers. That Aqualung does not get good reviews.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Marie:
Yes, the Peregrine is a great computer for recreational divers. That Aqualung does not get good reviews.
View Quote

Good to know. Im going to buy the Peregrine from the poster in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again @Longlegs and @Marie for the recommendation. I just received the Peregrine yesterday and it seems a lot nicer than the other one I was inspecting at the dive shop.

And one more shout out to Longlegs. He is a super standup guy. Cant recommend doing business with him enough!

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marie] [#9]
Originally Posted By talontsi_95:
Thanks again @Longlegs and @Marie for the recommendation. I just received the Peregrine yesterday and it seems a lot nicer than the other one I was inspecting at the dive shop.

And one more shout out to Longlegs. He is a super standup guy. Cant recommend doing business with him enough!

View Quote

And on the off chance you have any issues, Shearwater US service center is fabulous.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By talontsi_95:

View Quote

Happy to help brother!  Enjoy your trip this weekend!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#11]
The Peregrine was great! Just wanted to try it out on the “discover scuba dive” with the members of the group that were not certified.

Me and another buddy were pretty much able to do our own thing since we are certified. We still stuck around and filmed the other 4 “discover” divers. Dove off a boat and 3 of the 4 “discover scuba” divers were able to complete the full 47minute dive at a max depth of ~38ft.

Great time. The surge was relentless while we waited along the anchor line for the “newbs” to pop in. It caused me a lot of issues sitting there for 10 minutes. I should have just descended with my buddy to get out of the surge. After descending to about ~15’ the  surge was gone but we still had a noticeable current.

Dive went off without a hitch except for one group member that had to surface at ~20’ because he “couldnt breath”.

Was planning a 2 tank dive for tomorrow on a shipwreck. Im actually probably canceling it because this cough I have has been getting worse throughout the week.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridahunter07] [#12]
Shearwater (Peregrine, Petrel, Perdix)

If you have to buy used, any of those three would be a wise choice.

ETA: I see you already bought one. Wise choice
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:
Shearwater (Peregrine, Petrel, Perdix)

If you have to buy used, any of those three would be a wise choice.

ETA: I see you already bought one. Wise choice
View Quote

I did buy it. Only got to use it on the “test dive” as I called it since I was just tagging along on a discover scuba. Wish I could have dove with it on the wrecks but I didnt trust this cough I got here. Ill use the peregrine on some quarry dives this summer back at home.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top