Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2023 4:05:50 PM EDT

Buying a wood fired grill for cooking/smoking, need a set it and forget it setup. We currently use our propane grill daily and this will get used often, especially in winter.

Anyone looked at the Gen 2 Ironwood models? Any other brand I should be looking at? Looking at spending around $1500.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the recteq RT-700 and absolutely love it.  I have no experience other than that though.  I do like the recteq has a lot of stainless steel in it, so that makes it very durable.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbad401:
I have the recteq RT-700 and absolutely love it.  I have no experience other than that though.  I do like the recteq has a lot of stainless steel in it, so that makes it very durable.
View Quote

This, but I have exp with Masterbuilt easy bake ovens and a Pit Boss 400.  The RT700 easily beats both.   Zero issues.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
700 is probably the best of grills in chinateq lineup.I had one for 3 years and the only issue i had was the igniter went out a month after first getting it,and the lid finally faded out.They sent me a new lid but it wasnt the same gloss enamel,felt like traeger.CS was great the 5 times i to call.3 of those calls were for the comp cart i bought that always arrived damaged.They finally gave me it free and I kept one and gave to a buddy.I dont know if they still give you the business card with Rays “number” on it.Good marketing ploy but don’t expect him to answer
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TODD-67] [#4]
I see you're in MT and wany to do winter smokes. I have an older treager with the chimney similar to the recteq. The ironwood vent out the rear. When it is really cold out you can buy a fiberglass blanket to cover the grill when doing long smokes with the chimney style grils. This saves a ton on pellets and keeps a stable low and slow cook. I also think the recteq might be better built. I have been looking at the 700 for a while but the treager just keeps working.,going on 6 years used at least twice a week year round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top