Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2023 11:54:09 AM EDT
What happened to that Italian Doctor on the ground in Northern Italy?
Anyone remember  the  screen name ?
He was reporting on the first wave of COVID outta China, supposedly hitting the elederly Italian population real hard, one of the real early alarmists, way before Journalism was issued their talking points.
He started posting   maybe first week in February 2020 I think. ANybody remember that dude ?
Was that an early propaganda effort ?  Or was he legit ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
ssimo? i think it was
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I followed him in the Wuhan shutdown thread.  He had some good info.  I hope he is alive and well and pounding that italian pu**y.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fredegar:
ssimo? i think it was
View Quote

Yep.

@ssimo
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S13] [#4]
I think he was legit.

The initial wave in Italy was bad.  But it also didnt reflect the virus on other populations as a whole.

Reasons it was bad there.

Lots of Chinese that work in textiles going back and forth to China.  Huge viral loads

That had a stupid "hug a Chinese" campaign in March 2020.  Huge viral loads

Lots of old fat retired people in that area...that smoke.

Plus the media played it the hell up, making it seem catastrophic,  when it really should have just been alarming.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By S13:
I think he was legit.

The initial wave in Italy was bad.  But it also didnt reflect the virus on other populations as a whole.

Reasons it was bad there.

Lots of Chinese that work in textiles going back and forth to China.  Huge viral loads

That had a stupid "hug a Chinese" campaign in March 2020.  Huge viral loads

Lots of old fat retired people in that area...that smoke.

Plus the media played it the hell up, making it seem catastrophic,  when it really should have just been alarming.
View Quote

This. Italy has an older population and a pretty bad healthcare system. Look at their flu death numbers every year compared to other nearby countries.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rstrobel] [#6]
my aunt is friends with this dude, he was "patient zero" in Los Angeles via a transfer from an Italian hospital

he ended up with weird frostbite-like symptoms and lost his fingers

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/coronavirus-covid19-italy-ski-trip-survivor/
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scotchymcdrinkerbean] [#7]
He hasn't posted since 3-12-23.

ETA: I read wrong and thought it was 3-12-22, but it was this year, so he's still around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By g8rgunner:

This. Italy has an older population and a pretty bad healthcare system. Look at their flu death numbers every year compared to other nearby countries.
View Quote

That's how I see it. Italy was still definitely used as propaganda to spread mass fear to allow the governments of the world to unleash their evils.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 1:20:22 AM EDT
[#9]
One of our resident medical doctors started calling him out in the covid thread IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:18:55 AM EDT
[#10]
His name was Robert Paulson.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah it was bad but not as bad as medias showed. I am fine guys :)
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Italy's health system is among the best in the word. That said, the average age is high, you are right on that one. And remember that the way you keep count of people dying from a given disease is not standardized and this way datas can be manipulated for politic reasons
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:
One of our resident medical doctors started calling him out in the covid thread IIRC.
View Quote

I don't remember about this but I can send you my CV 😂
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Positronic:
He was reporting on the first wave of COVID outta China, supposedly hitting the elederly Italian population real hard, one of the real early alarmists, way before Journalism was issued their talking points.
He started posting   maybe first week in February 2020 I think. ANybody remember that dude ?
View Quote

Hi man, i am pretty sure he is legit
@Positronic
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ssimo:

@Positronic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Positronic

We were glad to have an on-the-ground report early on from you. Happy you're still doing well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
felice di vedere che sei ancora in giro
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Italy's health system is among the best in the word. That said, the average age is high, you are right on that one. And remember that the way you keep count of people dying from a given disease is not standardized and this way datas can be manipulated for politic reasons
View All Quotes

You are a good dude.  Glad you are doing well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]

@Positronic
View Quote
Best greetings ssimo, glad you are still with us.
 In your best professional  'estimate' what do you think  the overall average  actual case fatality rate was ?
Any greater than some of the bad Inflenza outbreaks, say compared to 1919, or 1969 ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

We were glad to have an on-the-ground report early on from you. Happy you're still doing well.
View Quote

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dphill:
felice di vedere che sei ancora in giro
View Quote

Ciao amico mio 😉
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:14:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By S13:
You are a good dude.  Glad you are doing well.
View Quote

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Best greetings ssimo, glad you are still with us.
 In your best professional  'estimate' what do you think  the overall average  actual case fatality rate was ?
Any greater than some of the bad Inflenza outbreaks, say compared to 1919, or 1969 ?
View Quote

Man i don't have thr means nor the expertise to give you any number. What i can say is that covid related mortality is hugely overestimated, because here anyone who died with a covid infection was listed as a dead by covid, even if the infection wasn't the main medical condition. The second reason is that incidence was hugely underestimated for obvious reasons.

1919 influenza caused definitely more deaths from the indormations i have
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Glad to see you wander back around these parts.  Glad to hear you are fine.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I hope the post about you losing your fingers is wrong.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:08:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SixpackinOk:

I hope the post about you losing your fingers is wrong.
View Quote

I have all fingers luckly! Wtf 😂
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#26]

I don't remember about this but I can send you my CV
View Quote
Ciao fratello
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:13:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach] [#28]
View Quote

You were he only one reporting that it was almost all elderly people.

The american media conveniently left that part out allowing most to believe it was across all age groups which then allowed many to accept the shutdowns.

The media did it on purpose as a propaganda machine for the dems influencing the election.

Wish we had had more truth tellers like you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Mach:
The media did it on purpose as a propaganda machine for the dems influencing the election.
View Quote

It was used to stoke fear in people so that they'd take the shot when it came out.
"Comply and you won't kill granny and you can have your life back"
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 5:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ssimo] [#31]
Originally Posted By Lomshek:

Glad you’re ok.

Any comment on the idea that it would have been better if people had been aggressively treated wit steroids and antibiotics to stop pneumonia from taking hold while they fight the virus?

@ssimo
View Quote

I am not an expert on pandemics but the lockdown approach to me was unacceptable also for medical and scientific reasons but, even more, for social and ethic ones. I don't think using truckloads of antibiotics and steroids would have changed much, probably it would have made things even worse

@Lomshek
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Yeah, the vitriol was so bad it seemed like drunk posting - progressed from essentially saying the Italian doc was lying about conditions to blaming any bad situation or outcomes on Italy's 'shitty medical system' and 'shitty doctors'.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Ssimo, do you like your new PM, or whatever position she has, is she the real deal?
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cmw:

Yeah, the vitriol was so bad it seemed like drunk posting - progressed from essentially saying the Italian doc was lying about conditions to blaming any bad situation or outcomes on Italy's 'shitty medical system' and 'shitty doctors'.
View Quote

Yeah i remember.. maybe he was a nurse, i don't remember well. Btw guys, it's just opinions. I said mine, he said his one. Italian health service is not shitty overall.. it has its faults but for now it manages to guarantee free medical assistance for everyone, even too much medical assistance. I said for now because the situation is not sustainable in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By rstrobel:
my aunt is friends with this dude, he was "patient zero" in Los Angeles via a transfer from an Italian hospital

he ended up with weird frostbite-like symptoms and lost his fingers

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/coronavirus-covid19-italy-ski-trip-survivor/
View Quote

Probably from long term pressors in ICU. We had a bunch of people lose digits, although I believe all of those ended up dying anyway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By killcormorants:
Ssimo, do you like your new PM, or whatever position she has, is she the real deal?
View Quote

@killcormorants
Ciao amico
So, I don’t know what you exactly mean by "real deal". That said, i voted for her and i am glad she is our PM. she is not perfect but much better than the trash who governed us in the last decade. The left made a big percentage of its official political program about minority rights. We are in the middle of a war, with big issues because of 2 years of restrictions and lockdowns, we are the 9th economy in the world with 60 milion people living in the country and the main point is minority rights? so disappointing. I always voted right and i am always more oriented this way. The left here as an overall approach which is autodestructive, without the very important healthy "selfishness" a country should have. The left ruined our international relations, didn't do anything to control the big immigration issue we are still having (even encouraging it), didn't do shit to fight corruption and taxes evasion, enforced crazy restrictions with covid, etc. I could go on for one hour or two. But hey, they care about weddings between omosexuals. Fucking crazy world we live in my friend..

But yeah, Meloni has bigger balls than all the leftist italian politicians togheter, i don't know if you heard her speech against that little Macron bitch ahah
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]

@killcormorants
Ciao amico
So, I don’t know what you exactly mean by "real deal". That said, i voted for her and i am glad she is our PM. she is not perfect but much better than the trash who governed us in the last decade. The left made a big percentage of its official political program about minority rights. We are in the middle of a war, with big issues because of 2 years of restrictions and lockdowns, we are the 9th economy in the world with 60 milion people living in the country and the main point is minority rights? so disappointing. I always voted right and i am always more oriented this way. The left here as an overall approach which is autodestructive, without the very important healthy "selfishness" a country should have. The left ruined our international relations, didn't do anything to control the big immigration issue we are still having (even encouraging it), didn't do shit to fight corruption and taxes evasion, enforced crazy restrictions with covid, etc. I could go on for one hour or two. But hey, they care about weddings between omosexuals. Fucking crazy world we live in my friend..

But yeah, Meloni has bigger balls than all the leftist italian politicians togheter, i don't know if you heard her speech against that little Macron bitch ahah
View All Quotes

@killcormorants
Ciao amico

Thank you for responding. I wasn’t sure how your countrymen were viewing her and if she is holding up to expectations. I am glad she is helping you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#38]

@killcormorants
Ciao amico
So, I don't know what you exactly mean by "real deal". That said, i voted for her and i am glad she is our PM. she is not perfect but much better than the trash who governed us in the last decade. The left made a big percentage of its official political program about minority rights. We are in the middle of a war, with big issues because of 2 years of restrictions and lockdowns, we are the 9th economy in the world with 60 milion people living in the country and the main point is minority rights? so disappointing. I always voted right and i am always more oriented this way. The left here as an overall approach which is autodestructive, without the very important healthy "selfishness" a country should have. The left ruined our international relations, didn't do anything to control the big immigration issue we are still having (even encouraging it), didn't do shit to fight corruption and taxes evasion, enforced crazy restrictions with covid, etc. I could go on for one hour or two. But hey, they care about weddings between omosexuals. Fucking crazy world we live in my friend..

View All Quotes

@killcormorants
Ciao amico
So, I don't know what you exactly mean by "real deal". That said, i voted for her and i am glad she is our PM. she is not perfect but much better than the trash who governed us in the last decade. The left made a big percentage of its official political program about minority rights. We are in the middle of a war, with big issues because of 2 years of restrictions and lockdowns, we are the 9th economy in the world with 60 milion people living in the country and the main point is minority rights? so disappointing. I always voted right and i am always more oriented this way. The left here as an overall approach which is autodestructive, without the very important healthy "selfishness" a country should have. The left ruined our international relations, didn't do anything to control the big immigration issue we are still having (even encouraging it), didn't do shit to fight corruption and taxes evasion, enforced crazy restrictions with covid, etc. I could go on for one hour or two. But hey, they care about weddings between omosexuals. Fucking crazy world we live in my friend..

Your left is just like our left.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I didn't doubt you as I had no basis for doung so. I think it was NavyDoc that was being critical of your posts.

Link Posted: 8/3/2023 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#40]

I didn't doubt you as I had no basis for doung so. I think it was NavyDoc that was being critical of your posts.

View Quote

Oh yeah! Now i remember.. i am sorry if i didn't keep selfcontrol enough. I hope navydoc is fine!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Thank you for responding. I wasn’t sure how your countrymen were viewing her and if she is holding up to expectations. I am glad she is helping you.
View Quote

Let's put it this way: much better than the alternatives. Of course the inertia of italian politics of last 20 years is there. Italy is a country that, on the contrary to what happened in the past, is slow in changing, in every regard. But she already removed some assistentialist BS that the left set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top