Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2020 6:54:03 PM EDT
A Kansas Congressman, (ex-Army Reserve), who is also a physician, is very Pro-2nd A. He's introduced a bill to allow service members to renew their CCW Permits by mail when they are overseas. Some states require an "in person" renewal--this solves that nationwide:

Strengthening The 2nd Amendment

June marked a record of 3.9 million purchases of firearms across America. Forty percent were by Americans seeking to exercise their Second Amendment right for the first time. There’s no doubt this increase is due to nationwide riots and increased violent crime, both of which Democrats in Congress refuse to condemn.

While this news is great for freedom-loving supporters of the Second Amendment, there are many hurdles Americans must jump through to keep and carry their firearms. One of the biggest applies to members of our military. When U.S. service members wish to conceal-carry, they are forced to renew their permit in person, presenting many difficulties for those who are stationed across the country. These soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen shouldn’t have to travel back to their home state just to renew an expired concealed carry permit.

To address this, yesterday I introduced the U.S. Military Right to Carry Act, which would require states to allow members of the United States Armed Forces to renew their concealed permit by mail if they are stationed out of state, or risk losing federal funding. Additionally the bill would withhold federal funds from states who do not recognize active duty military members, serving or maintaining a residence in the state, as if they were a resident for concealed carry purposes.

Dr. Roger Marshall
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the late response, but I stopped coming into this forum on a regular basis when I pulled the plug on the military career...

Back in 08-09, any license or permit for anything that lapsed during the deployment was automatically extended until you returned CONUS.
I thought that was a federal thing, but it's been so long now that maybe it was a state thing?

If the extension of permits and licenses us a federal thing, this guy filing this bill is a nice gesture but it's already covered
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top