Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2024 12:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunks]
I'll make this short,

I requested a photo from a seller on Gunbroker after buying their item (Non-FFL item, 80% Lower) for proof of ownership. The seller tells me no and I say that is fine, I have every intention to buy due to Gunbroker rules but I would appreciate it if they did. They then get upset and tell me that I am blocked on their page and told me they want a copy of my license emailed through my local police department and a sheriffs note be added to payment. They would deny payment and would send the check back to me if I didn't adhere to these terms.

What should I do? Is there anything I should be worried about by sending them my ID? Should I just send payment without the information they requested, and file a NPB dispute if they return my check?

Update:

Gunbroker got back surprisingly, they voided the transaction, removed our reviews, and filed a credit request. Hope that is the end of it. Thanks everyone who helped with this issue.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to say the same... but I'm kinda stuck with it. If I don't buy it I can get hit with a NBP which means I would be charged a fee for not buying the item, it also doesn't reflect well on my reviews.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd pass on all that BS, but why did you ask for a photo after you bought it? Seems ass backwards.

I would savvy they're trying to force you into non-payment with those weird payment terms and request for a license. Were these payment terms listed in their auction?  If not, maybe you can contest negative feedback and NPB fees. Or, just suck it up as a "tax" for not being clear on the terms before you bought.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You made yourself seem like some kind of Fed with that request after winning the auction.  Seller probably feels like he's being set up for "something" and just wants to bail on the deal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
I'd pass on all that BS, but why did you ask for a photo after you bought it? Seems ass backwards.

I would savvy they're trying to force you into non-payment with those weird payment terms and request for a license. Were these payment terms listed in their auction?  If not, maybe you can contest negative feedback and NPB fees. Or, just suck it up as a "tax" for not being clear on the terms before you bought.

View Quote

The photo was just all my bad, I didn't think it would be a big deal. I guess he thought I was some kind of agent for some reason. Guy seems to be overly cautious or just mad because he thought I questioned his integrity. Maybe felt trapped?

The license terms were not part of the original conditions, all they wanted was priority tracking for their money order. I'm thinking about just taking the fee if Gunbroker doesn't favor my side. I reported the issue last Friday and just waiting for their response before going forward. Just trying to see what my best course of action is now, thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:
You made yourself seem like some kind of Fed with that request after winning the auction.  Seller probably feels like he's being set up for "something" and just wants to bail on the deal.
View Quote

Thats my assumption, doesn't make sense though since I have A+ reviews since 2018. It's a SOP I use to make sure sellers have the item before purchasing, but I agree it was a horrible idea to do that after buying the item.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact gunbroker with the outlandish way he wants he payment. That’s a violation of their terms as well. After using gunbroker since its creation I hardly go there anymore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunks] [#8]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Contact gunbroker with the outlandish way he wants he payment. That’s a violation of their terms as well. After using gunbroker since its creation I hardly go there anymore.
View Quote

Thanks, I just added that information to the request email they sent out when I opened the dispute.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
If his requests are no specified in the item description, he can go pound sand.  However, GB is damn near impossible to.get help.from
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, if this wasn't in the terms, then he can get bent all he wants. I would tell him you're going to reach out to GB to see if they can resolve their crazy requests so doesn't turn into a pissing match in the review section. Do they have good reviews? If you want them to assume you're gtg with your reviews, is it safe to assume you should give them a pass?

GB is getting to be a pain to deal with, it's gone down hill in the last 5 or so years. I used to do a lot of business through them buying and selling but it's become a hassle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By badguybuster:
If his requests are no specified in the item description, he can go pound sand.  However, GB is damn near impossible to.get help.from
View Quote

Yeah I'm getting that impression from them, I've sent an update to their email they sent me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Trunks:
I'd like to say the same... but I'm kinda stuck with it. If I don't buy it I can get hit with a NBP which means I would be charged a fee for not buying the item, it also doesn't reflect well on my reviews.
View Quote
If he's changing the payment terms after the fact, I don't see how you are still obligated.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HKaltwasser:
Yep, if this wasn't in the terms, then he can get bent all he wants. I would tell him you're going to reach out to GB to see if they can resolve their crazy requests so doesn't turn into a pissing match in the review section. Do they have good reviews? If you want them to assume you're gtg with your reviews, is it safe to assume you should give them a pass?

GB is getting to be a pain to deal with, it's gone down hill in the last 5 or so years. I used to do a lot of business through them buying and selling but it's become a hassle.
View Quote

Yes they have good reviews, about 140+ A+ reveiws, I have 48 A+ reviews.

I'm hoping GB will do something but I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top