Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2024 11:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead]
I am starting probably my most ambitious project ever. I had someone from Italy (3D Ways) make a golden arrow for me from Resident Evil 1 Remake. This is the arrow that you can remove the tip and use it to unlock the tomb that has the first mansion key. 3D Ways did an excellent job making this prop, but it is a mix of plastic and metal. I really like my guns and props from the Resident Evil games to be functional and feel like they came from the mansion. I had to make this thing out of brass (though I won't make a solid peridot arrow tip, more on that later).

Anyways I can't give enough praise to 3D Ways, check them out if you want a bespoke video game item. Unfortunately I will likely destroy the arrow to make the patterns for mine otherwise I'd give it away to a fellow RE fan on this board.

This is probably my most favorite / memorable item from RE1 because it's the start of any run in the game, you need it to get the whole ball rolling. It will also be very pretty when done.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Below is the polymer arrow from 3D Ways and the rough brass stock I've collected so far to make this.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's start with the arrow fletching. 1/8" engravers brass.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

For the next update, I'll have the outlines of the fletching done. Then I'll work on the engravings. After that probably the arrow shaft and then the tip last.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never played the game but that looks like a cool prop.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#5]
Not a big update. I got one of the fletches roughed out approximately where I want it. I need to match the remaining 2. I ghosted the lines with a little paint.

After this I will start the contouring and engraving.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:02:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#7]
All the fletches are roughed out. I will do a finish filing on the perimeter and then begin the engraving work.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice.

The fact you can view the 3d model in game probably helps a ton.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:07:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#9]
Finished equalizing the three fletches so they more or less match. Started making a mask to mark the engraving lines. I wish I had some engraving skills before attempting this... I guess I'll learn as I go. I know there are many ways to transfer patterns to metal... this arrow has a bit of a hand made feel to it when I inspect the game files so I'm not too concerned with how it looks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:10:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#11]
This is an extracted mapping file from the game. Somehow the inspection model is a little different. My mask is a blend of this, the game model, and the errors in my actual brass parts. ETA: After looking at the images again, I may redo my mask...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Today 5:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#12]
Very cool props and beautiful work...I wish I had the know-how to do that kind of stuff but I usually just resort to taking a few RE inspired gun pictures lol

I play REmake (and many other RE games) at least 3 or 4 times per year I love that game

Link Posted: Today 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top