Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2023 9:53:11 AM EDT
Just got a new CAC and have already signed up for part A and B of Medicare.

On the back it says “verify eligibility “.

Is that correct? I’m in DEERS as having Medicare. Just wondering how it would be verified overseas in a non US facility? Do I also need to carry the Medicare card?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, overseas like at Vincenza, the hospital ask for a medicare card or the number for it.

It's blue and red and it will have a number on it.

I laminated mines because a paper copy is just not lasting long.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By pdm:
Just got a new CAC and have already signed up for part A and B of Medicare.

On the back it says "verify eligibility ".

Is that correct? I'm in DEERS as having Medicare. Just wondering how it would be verified overseas in a non US facility? Do I also need to carry the Medicare card?

Thanks.
View Quote

You showed the ID card facility your Medicare card, then they issued you a retired ID that doesn't show eligibility?

They screwed up.  Mine says:

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ODA_564:

You showed the ID card facility your Medicare card, then they issued you a retired ID that doesn't show eligibility?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3547/PXL_20230922_163918496_2-2962479.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Did you hit 65 yet and have signed up for Medicare?  My old card, a blue one same as yours, said the same….but it also expired the last day of my B-day month prior to my 65th birthday. The new one, the new white CAC cards, has "verify eligiablity" under medical on the back…?

I think I may be good…looks like I'll have to carry both cards as mentioned above by Jozsi.

I'll look into though when I get back to TN. On the road right now and got this all done up North Dakota and some little AFB.

How TRICARE For Life works with Medicare plans
TRICARE For Life may work with Original Medicare (Parts A & B), a Medicare Advantage plan or a Part D prescription drug plan.

However, you may want to think carefully about whether you need Medicare drug coverage. TRICARE For Life includes a prescription drug benefit, so you may not need Part D. If you have TRICARE For Life and decide you want to enroll in Part D coverage, you can do it at any time. The TRICARE drug benefit is considered “creditable coverage,” which means it is at least as good as Medicare Part D. This allows you to sign up without paying the Part D late enrollment penalty.

When you have TRICARE For Life and Medicare, you won’t receive a TRICARE wallet card. You only need your Medicare plan card and military ID as proof of coverage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

That's the older, now replaced DD2 (Retired). It's been replaced by the same all white USID that almost all say verify eligibility.
It's issued to retirees, and everyone who used to get the tan cards... dependents, TA, MoH, 100%, etcetera.
https://www.cac.mil/Next-Generation-Uniformed-Services-ID-Card/
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting (that my ID is the old one).  It's <3 years old.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By pdm:

Did you hit 65 yet and have signed up for Medicare?

View Quote

Almost 4 years ago now.  That's my post 65 and Medicare card.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Ft Sill yanked my old retiree card and made me get the new one, it says "verify" but I am only 56.

I just want to piss and moan about the fact that we are forced to buy Medicare when we reach 65.

I remember back in the 80's when one of the big recruiting points was dental and health for life if you do 20 years.

Do veterans rated 100% have to buy Medicare as well when they reach 65?
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
Ft Sill yanked my old retiree card and made me get the new one, it says "verify" but I am only 56.

I just want to piss and moan about the fact that we are forced to buy Medicare when we reach 65.

I remember back in the 80's when one of the big recruiting points was dental and health for life if you do 20 years.

Do veterans rated 100% have to buy Medicare as well when they reach 65?
View Quote

Not if you use VA for all of your care. It's a Tricare stipulation.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:29:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Defender3] [#9]
Originally Posted By Unicorn:

That's the older, now replaced DD2 (Retired). It's been replaced by the same all white USID that almost all say verify eligibility.
It's issued to retirees, and everyone who used to get the tan cards... dependents, TA, MoH, 100%, etcetera.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

^^^^^^^^
What he said.  I had the old blue retired ID and it said Indef on the front, but the small print on the back said it expired after 20 years. When I went to get the wife a new ID, Quantico snatched mine and issued me one io the new white IDs, which does state to verify eligibility on the back of the card.

I don't use the VA so, Medicare becomes my Primary and TriCare is my secondary.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting (that my ID is the old one).  It's <3 years old.
View Quote

They started being issued around July of 2020 and a lot of places were still issuing the older ones for a while.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#11]

They started being issued around July of 2020 and a lot of places were still issuing the older ones for a while.
View Quote

Yeah, got my retired ID in December 2020.  Still the blue card.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top