Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 1:33:37 PM EDT
I was at the local guitar store yesterday, just hanging out while my daughter had her guitar lessons, and they had a couple of new guitars in that I got to play.   One was a Reverend Sensei Jr.  It has a single P90 pickup, and an extra tone control compared to a standard single or HB pickup.  
I’ve never seen one of those, so I wanted to give it a shot. Honestly, I’ve never even heard of Reverand before…but according to the guy behind the counter, they have been out for 25+ years??  

Wow….I was impressed to say the least. Very bright sounding, but also nice and chunky and aggressive at the same time…kind of hard to explain.  It was around $1K if I remember right, and it sounded so much better than the $1K-$2K Les Pauls, ESP, Jacksons, etc that they had in stock that I also got to play.  That Reverand just sounded so much more clear, even with lots of gain.  I could strum a chord, and you could just about pick out every sting….it sounded so good, I can’t even put words to it.  The neck was semi-thin for fast stuff, but not crazy flat and thin like an RG or Jackson, and not overly fat like a true LesPaul. That single P90 pickup was something I wasn’t used too….but when I tinkered with that extra tone/bass knob it had, I could pretty much dial in anything from a nice single coil sound, to a thick and heavy HB sound with ease.

Honestly, I’d say it was one of the best sounding guitars I’ve ever played..and I’ve played a lot.

Anyone else have one of these, or has at least played one? What did you think?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard of them either. Looks like that model runs about $899 online in various colors. Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't have one, but I've watched reviews of them on YouTube.

Seem decent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen one in the store, but have heard nothing but good things about them.  If Pete Anderson  has a signature model with them, I'm gonna guess they're legit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:02:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnnymenudo] [#4]
I don't know about the guitar you played.  A real P-90 or a hum cancelling?

I have played the Billy Corgan signature model and I liked the sound and versatility. Not so much the appearance.  I have too many guitars as it is, but if I was looking for something that could sounds like single coils, P-90s, and humbuckers, this guitar can do it. Not sure about the one you tried OP.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:56:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#5]
I spend way too much time at the Heartbreaker guitars website.

They have them. There seem to be 87 different models.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend has had a couple (one got stolen) and they play and can sound great.  The bass roll off knob allows pretty different tone adjustments.  Also they seem to have great QC and don't let crap slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top