Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2023 7:31:35 PM EDT
Greeting all this is my very first posting even though I've been on this site for years.  Anyway I am looking for any suggestions for a secure cage for duty rifles/handguns etc.  We are renovating our department and my armory is doubling in size and I need to use something other than old school lockers to store the department firearms/ammo and such.  Thanks for any help and suggestions you might offer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]

NSN stuff.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My suggestion is go look at what other local LE agencies are doing and if you have a military base talk to the MP’s or Security Forces to see if they can show you how they set up their weapon vaults. There may be some surplus M16 racks somewhere near you I know of some here but it’s a long drive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a fan of cages, rather armor up the room and secure the door well if it isn’t already a concrete box.  A decent gun safe is a pretty simple fix.  Ammo can just go in cheap job boxes or a vertical sheet metal gun locker.

How much room do you have to work with, and how much $$$ available?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top