Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5091
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:01:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:I used to PT in the ODome.
View Quote

I saw Tom Petty there

And page ownage per Queen’s Rules.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The Left is losing their mind after a local TV cameraman is arrested for jamming his camera into the back of a DPS Trooper in Austin at UT. Scroll down in the thread to see what he was doing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:
I need a link to get in on that.
View Quote

That would be bad for my PERSEC...  but if you search UT Austin in Twitter, it will get you there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
The Left is losing their mind after a local TV cameraman is arrested for jamming his camera into the back of a DPS Trooper in Austin at UT. Scroll down in the thread to see what he was doing.
View Quote

Am I wrong in being suspicious of his behavior in the video of him claiming that he was being pushed and didn't hit anybody?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:41:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#6]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

If I were the type to criticize, I might question your choice in mfgr, for serious work.

The price is sure right, though, I'll give 'em that!
View Quote

I've got "serious" things.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Am I wrong in being suspicious of his behavior in the video of him claiming that he was being pushed and didn't hit anybody?
View Quote

Looks to me like he hit the Trooper in the head with the camera lense.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Whatever he did, the serious part isn't in the frame.  There's rustling before, he goes out of view and then the cops take him down.  Until we get another view, it's speculation at best.

But the media really shouldn't crowd cops during a tense situation.  It's poor form.  And like this cat, you will lose.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:22:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiszta] [#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The guy (Tony Plohetski) is a flaming liberal.

edit: Tony Plohetski, the guy who sent the tweet. I don't know who the cameraman is in the video.

KVUE's Tony Plohetski shares his LGBTQ Pride story

Tony also participated in the Austin Pride Parade, doing live hits in the KVUE newscasts and taking over KVUE's Instagram.

"AUSTIN, Texas — Tony Plohetski, a reporter for both KVUE and our partners at the Austin American-Statesman, is an out and proud member of the LGBTQ community – but his path to self-acceptance wasn't easy.

In an essay he wrote for the Statesman in honor of Austin Pride, Tony talked about his experiences with bullying growing up in Mississippi in the '80s and '90s and the hatred he faced and, in turn, internalized.

Even as an adult, covering the legalization of marriage equality in 2015, Tony wrote that he still had doubts that he would ever be able to accept himself in a whole enough way that he could share his life with someone else.

"Surrounded by excitement, I can now openly admit I had to push down other emotions: a looming fear, trepidation and even self-hatred. I knew in my heart I wanted to, but would I ever have the guts to marry someone of the same sex? Could I really cast away years of upbringing in a deeply socially conservative place, embrace a sense of equality and believe for myself that love truly is love? Did I really deserve to get married, or was it a right only for gays and lesbians I interviewed that day, June 26, 2015?," Tony wrote in the essay.

But over the years, things got easier. Tony wrote that he was gradually able to become more open about who he is and the traumatic experiences he went through as a young man. Even more heartwarming: he's now engaged to be married in a few months!
You can read more of Tony's story on Austin360. He also participated in the Austin Pride Parade as part of KVUE's media sponsorship."
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#10]
Armin van Buuren live at EDC Las Vegas 2023

Vibe. Feel it. Gröövy.

If gonna be a long summer
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ChicagoFoodie:

Summer of Love 2.0 coming in hot!
View Quote

It's almost like it's on schedule or something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

So now might be a good time to put popcorn on the shopping list.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

Whatever he did, the serious part isn't in the frame.  There's rustling before, he goes out of view and then the cops take him down.  Until we get another view, it's speculation at best.

But the media really shouldn't crowd cops during a tense situation.  It's poor form.  And like this cat, you will lose.
View All Quotes

Watch just as he goes out of frame, you can see him thrust forward with the camera and no one is pushing him from behind.

I was willing to give benefit of the doubt before I saw the longer clip.

He got what he was asking for, no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
Watch just as he goes out of frame, you can see him thrust forward with the camera and no one is pushing him from behind.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:

assault on a PO, wonder if the camera bumps it to aggravated?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMm0MheUdBA

Vibe. Feel it. Gröövy.

View Quote

in the last couple of weeks, I found A State of Armin on SXM. I like it, but I've always been a fan of trance
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:

View Quote

Looks like I picked the wrong time to go CARNIVORE, huh?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I believe you are correct  it's all lining up , gaza, election, I can't wait for dem convention
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tiszta:

The guy (Tony Plohetski) is a flaming liberal.

edit: Tony Plohetski, the guy who sent the tweet. I don't know who the cameraman is in the video.

KVUE's Tony Plohetski shares his LGBTQ Pride story

Tony also participated in the Austin Pride Parade, doing live hits in the KVUE newscasts and taking over KVUE's Instagram.

"AUSTIN, Texas — Tony Plohetski, a reporter for both KVUE and our partners at the Austin American-Statesman, is an out and proud member of the LGBTQ community – but his path to self-acceptance wasn't easy.

In an essay he wrote for the Statesman in honor of Austin Pride, Tony talked about his experiences with bullying growing up in Mississippi in the '80s and '90s and the hatred he faced and, in turn, internalized.

Even as an adult, covering the legalization of marriage equality in 2015, Tony wrote that he still had doubts that he would ever be able to accept himself in a whole enough way that he could share his life with someone else.

"Surrounded by excitement, I can now openly admit I had to push down other emotions: a looming fear, trepidation and even self-hatred. I knew in my heart I wanted to, but would I ever have the guts to marry someone of the same sex? Could I really cast away years of upbringing in a deeply socially conservative place, embrace a sense of equality and believe for myself that love truly is love? Did I really deserve to get married, or was it a right only for gays and lesbians I interviewed that day, June 26, 2015?," Tony wrote in the essay.

But over the years, things got easier. Tony wrote that he was gradually able to become more open about who he is and the traumatic experiences he went through as a young man. Even more heartwarming: he's now engaged to be married in a few months!
You can read more of Tony's story on Austin360. He also participated in the Austin Pride Parade as part of KVUE's media sponsorship."
View Quote

I can't read  anymore
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

I believe you are correct  it's all lining up , gaza, election, I can't wait for dem convention
View Quote

I might watch I it on tv, as we should be gone from the city for good by then. If not, the convention is only a few blocks away at McCormick Place, but the main event is at the United Center.

Keep in mind that Palestinian protests occur almost daily right now as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]

I might watch I it on tv, as we should be gone from the city for good by then. If not, the convention is only a few blocks away at McCormick Place, but the main event is at the United Center.

Keep in mind that Palestinian protests occur almost daily right now as well.
View Quote

The “protestors” should be told about the busway that takes people from the nice hotels down to McC without having to wait in traffic
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By XJ:

The “protestors” should be told about the busway that takes people from the nice hotels down to McC without having to wait in traffic
View Quote

I vote to drop them all off in front of O-Block
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

So... Where's the person that he was claiming pushed him?  He was behind the cop, seemed to be leaning toward the cop, and exactly what happened with the contact between him and the cop seems to be out of frame, but the video shows that there was a gap behind him, with the cop in front of him.  Rather than someone pushing him, as he claimed while his eyes darted around in the earlier video, it seems his best option for a "these aren't my pants" excuse would be to claim that he tripped, not that he was pushed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#25]

So... Where's the person that he was claiming pushed him?  He was behind the cop, seemed to be leaning toward the cop, and exactly what happened with the contact between him and the cop seems to be out of frame, but the video shows that there was a gap behind him, with the cop in front of him.  Rather than someone pushing him, as he claimed while his eyes darted around in the earlier video, it seems his best option for a "these aren't my pants" excuse would be to claim that he tripped, not that he was pushed.
View Quote

There was a slow-motion clip on X that I can't find now that showed it looked deliberate to me. I'm shocked we haven't seen 20 different angles of this with all of the cameras there. Various stills from the incident.

What happened to reporting the story instead of trying to be part of it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Strange how the rioters and looters never go after the same entities they rant about.
Blm chants anti police but the police protect them and are not targeted exclusively. Yet victimized themselves and white folks that had nothing to do with their anger.
Antifa screams anti-fascism while toting the line for fascism and hold police protection.
Lgbtq wants to rape legally have police protection.

The actual victims...... no police protection and are totally getting f'd up.

Wtf???  Oh yeah Anarcho-tyranny  that everyone is ignoring.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#27]
What happened to reporting the story instead of trying to be part of it?
View Quote

As I recall, way back when antifa decided it was time to take their action to the suburbs in either Washington or Oregon, and ended up having to ask police for assistance in getting out of the neighborhood (the residents decided to pull a "now yous can't leave"), their encounter with a police roadblock made it clear that one of the "journalists" was providing directions to the group.  As he was getting video of the encounter and making commentary for his video, his mic clearly picked up the instructions he was giving to the protestors in how to deal with what the police were doing.

Same thing with the "legal observers" - some of them have demonstrated that rather than being there to document the encounter with police, they are using a position that would allow them some ability to claim they aren't with the protestors and get a view of the situation that the protestors might not be able to see due to police efforts to control them, but they are doing this to provide the protestors with 'tactical intel' and direction.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]
And most recently you have the mashing of pro-hammas and pro-palestinian rioters. One is a legit cause and the other is just another mental illness social reject movement.  You would think the pro-palestinian people would distance themselves from the hammas supporters.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#29]
College Student Protests Spread Across US - USC UT Austin Northwestern Columbia UCLA Berkeley
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMDh9-mWoAA4_-1?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

What does that make the circle and slash with a gun?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:11:24 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Pallets of bricks will start appearing shortly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WILSON:

2024; the NEW 1968!        
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WILSON:
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Pallets of bricks will start appearing shortly.

2024; the NEW 1968!        

Just an election year.  Terrorism works
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Dano556x45mm:
You would think the pro-palestinian people would distance themselves from the hammas supporters.
View Quote

The majority of actual Palestinians support Hamas, so why should “pro-Palestinians” be any different?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Dano556x45mm:
And most recently you have the mashing of pro-hammas and pro-palestinian rioters. One is a legit cause and the other is just another mental illness social reject movement.  You would think the pro-palestinian people would distance themselves from the hammas supporters.
View Quote

LOL found one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

in the last couple of weeks, I found A State of Armin on SXM. I like it, but I've always been a fan of trance
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMm0MheUdBA

Vibe. Feel it. Gröövy.

I am also a big Fan of Trance

? Trance Classic MIX#004 ? MEMORY OLDSCHOOLTRANCE
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

I am also a big Fan of Trance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257-5dgFFCM
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Same thing with the "legal observers" - some of them have demonstrated that rather than being there to document the encounter with police, they are using a position that would allow them some ability to claim they aren't with the protestors and get a view of the situation that the protestors might not be able to see due to police efforts to control them, but they are doing this to provide the protestors with 'tactical intel' and direction.
View Quote

Use your words!
NLG will get you free!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Nuclear Power Trio Ukraine in the Membrane OFFICIAL VIDEO | 8K
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#41]
Doh.

Dbl tap.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Plenty of red salute for good measure, just in case you didn't know they were Marxist.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#43]
Here's what gets you arrested for "inciting to riot" in Tennessee:

Organizing an exotic car show.

(skip to 3:04)

WhistlinDiesel's cameraman is facing 5 years for this!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llxGgY4VV5E
View Quote

That sounds mighty peculiar.

Of course, we're only hearing one side of the story, so who knows?

If I organize/host a biker even and the Angels show up, would I get charged under RICO? Maybe!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Cowards
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Must have disrespected one of them, ehh?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#48]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llxGgY4VV5E
View Quote

Democrat controlled police department.  At the same time, Nashville police are not allowed to "harass" the Nashville homeless, unless they can be arrested for felony assault, rape (or attempted rape), or some more serious crime.

ETA:  The DA's office helped put an end to gun shows in Nashville, several years ago.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Georgia Trooper doesn't play.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Georgia Trooper doesn't play.

View Quote

was that a can of spray paint and a beeper that fell out of its pocket?
Page / 5091
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top