Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2023 10:35:52 PM EDT
Everything costs extra here close to DC.  

I have a 2020 set of RockShox air forks that really need a full rebuild.  Every local shop wants $175 to $200 just to send the forks off for a basic oil change and top seal.

Anyone know a place that will service RockShox for under $200 ??  (Not a rush here).

If not, I will take a stab at doing it myself if every place out there is $200+.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you put it back together the way you found it and you don't over torque the small screw holding the rebound adjust in place there isn't much involved in the service.

Rebuild kits and shock oil are cheap and there are plenty of videos that walk you through how to do it. You'll need a cassette tool to remove the top cap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pedaler] [#2]
Watch some videos for your specific fork and decide if it's within your skill level.  

You may be able to find instructions on their website also.

It's not that hard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top