Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2021 5:10:20 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this razor?
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EDDIECRUM] [#1]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Decided to buy one. Made in USA. Stainless. 3 adjustable plates give you 6 adjustments for blade exposure. Very heavy. Have been shaving about 6 years with Merkur 23C. Just shaved this morning with the 23C so I will use the new one later this week.  I use feather blades and almost popped for a feather razor handle however this Rockwell 6S has great reviews and I wanted to have an adjustable handle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Shaved with the 6S last night and it was great.

I started wet shaving about 7 years ago and bought a Merkur 23C, Feather blades and never changed away from that. Always pretty happy about the shave and never thought about changing. Then I read about the Feather AS D2 and started researching that, and the price was keeping the Merkur in my hand. I kept looking and saw the Rockwell 6S, made in USA for a $100, stainless with adjustable plates, and thought that was a deal.

Never had any experience with any other double edge razor so I had no experience with a less aggressive vs a more aggressive razor. The 6S allows you to experience 6 different experiences in one handle.

Last night I put a Feather blade in the 6S, lathered up after showering, used the  #3 plate and started shaving. It looked like the blade was a little more exposed on the 6S that on the 23C. It felt like I had no blade in the handle, it was that smooth. The handle is much shorted and wider than the 23C and I thought that might be a problem for me, but it was not.

If you are looking for a new razor you should watch some reviews on youtube. The 6S is stainless, but Rockwell makes a similar model in china that is chrome plated for $50, not stainless steel.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I started about 6 weeks ago with a van der hagen.  Enjoyed the concept but felt the van der hagen wasn't aggressive enough for me.  I could tell that I was forming bad habits (too much pressure) trying to compensate for the mild shave.

Purchased the Rockwell 6s about a month ago as I liked it was full SS and made in the USA plus adjustable allowing me to dial in my shave.

First pass was an eye opener... Much smoother and more efficient than the previous razor.

I've only used plate three and feather blades, and happy with the results. Eventually as I perfect my form I'll start playing around with more variables like razor setting, blades, etc.

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SWOH] [#4]
Yes, I like it but they moved production from the US last I heard.  Not a fan of chicom crap and most all their other stuff was already being made there.

I just went to their website and no longer any mention of being US-made, which they used to put in writing.

I have a Feather AS D2 and think the 6S is more suited to my heavy stubble.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EDDIECRUM] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SWOH:
Yes, I like it but they moved production from the US last I heard.  Not a fan of chicom crap and most all their other stuff was already being made there.

I just went to their website and no longer any mention of being US-made, which they used to put in writing.

I have a Feather AS D2 and think the 6S is more suited to my heavy stubble.
View Quote

I am going to contact them this week to find out where they are made. I know the 2C and 6C are made in china.

Just used the #4 plate and it was better for me than the #3. My understanding is the 6S is made in USA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By EDDIECRUM:

I am going to contact them this week to find out where they are made. I know the 2C and 6C are made in china.

Just used the #4 plate and it was better for me than the #3. My understanding is the 6S is made in USA.
View Quote

Please do, as I am interested in a definitive answer, but as of about two years ago, I saw that folks on Amazon were reporting they said "China," but sometimes people don't know if they bought a 6s (made in the USA at one time) or a 6c (always made in China).  All I can do is repeat the lack of any identification of origin on the website when they once made it clear these were US-made.  That isn't something you hide unless folks won't like the answer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Please do, as I am interested in a definitive answer, but as of about two years ago, I saw that folks on Amazon were reporting they said "China," but sometimes people don't know if they bought a 6s (made in the USA at one time) or a 6c (always made in China).  All I can do is repeat the lack of any identification of origin on the website when they once made it clear these were US-made.  That isn't something you hide unless folks won't like the answer.
View Quote

Got an email this morning from Rockwell and they confirmed the 6S is made in USA. Their blades are made in china and the 2 chrome plated razors are china made.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:05:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWOH] [#8]

Got an email this morning from Rockwell and they confirmed the 6S is made in USA. Their blades are made in china and the 2 chrome plated razors are china made.
View Quote

Very stupid from a marketing standpoint not to make that clear to potential buyers - that's a selling point.  I thought they said their blades were Swedish?   I'd rather have Egyptian Shark blades than Chinese.

Let us know what it says on the one you order.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Very stupid from a marketing standpoint not to make that clear to potential buyers - that's a selling point.  I thought they said their blades were Swedish?   I'd rather have Egyptian Shark blades than Chinese.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The steel for the blades is Swedish and the blades are made in China.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I love mine. Got the black one (seems to be popular due to the wait time).

my two favorite razors are my Rockwell and Rex.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
The 6S is my daily. I absolutely love it with the #5 plate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I've only tried plates 3 and 4 thus far and prefer a two pass shave with the 4 plate.  Maybe on my next shave I'll try the 5 or 6.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the Rockwell blades but besides a rougher first shave they don't seem that bad. That being said I won't replace them when I burn through the pack that came with my 6s.

Feather's give me a rough first shave too and I'm wondering if I can offset that with a number 2 plate.

Of the 4 different blades I've  tried thus far, Dorco was the only one that wasn't a rough first shave.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: F1PRB22] [#13]
Started with 6S, but now use this:

RazoRock Game Changer .68-P Double-Edge Razor

"Proudly" made in Canada

Read all about it
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Buckshot556:
I've only tried plates 3 and 4 thus far and prefer a two pass shave with the 4 plate.  Maybe on my next shave I'll try the 5 or 6.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the Rockwell blades but besides a rougher first shave they don't seem that bad. That being said I won't replace them when I burn through the pack that came with my 6s.

Feather's give me a rough first shave too and I'm wondering if I can offset that with a number 2 plate.

Of the 4 different blades I've  tried thus far, Dorco was the only one that wasn't a rough first shave.
View Quote
If you like feathers try the Kai (yes, the same as the knife company).
just as sharp as the feathers but thicker and are smoother and last longer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By F1PRB22:
Started with 6S, but now use this:

RazoRock Game Changer .68-P Double-Edge Razor

"Proudly" made in Canada

Read all about it
View Quote

I love my Game changer. But I did move to the .84 head.

I also love the BBS razor they make.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Found my youngest son a 6C for $25 at a mom and pop pharmacy last week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Buckshot556:

View Quote

I just used the Rockwell blades that came with my razor and they felt dull and pulled my whiskers. Not using them again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been using one with the #4 head for 6 months or so.
Previous to that I used a Merkur long handle.
Good shave with Crystal or Rapira blades
Currently using Rapira, but guess I'll have to go back to Crystal because Putin
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#19]
6S is a great razor. They replaced the head on mine recently after 3 years. All I had to pay were shipping costs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jmb9:
6S is a great razor. They replaced the head on mine recently after 3 years. All I had to pay were shipping costs.
View Quote

What happened to it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EDDIECRUM] [#21]
I’ve had this Rockwell 6S razor a little over a year and found that the #4 plate works best for me. Still using Feathers, and this combination is a real winner for me. I’m retired and only shave a couple times a week. I would buy it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top