Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2024 4:40:32 PM EDT
Anyone know of any cool router templates?
Something besides Cutting boards and Charcuterie trays?

I found this site that has some for making Speaker Pods, door panels and other designs, since I'm into Car Audio.
They are a bit more than I want to spend, but might try one.

I got my hands on a couple of wood routers (a used Black n Decker, a Porter Cable and a Harbor Freight) and I maybe getting a small router table, I thought it might be cool to learn how use a router and make a few things.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Made a bunch for my bedroom furniture.  Made others for my coffee table.   Never bought them though
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't recall ever buying a router template, but they're easy to make. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Most of the hand held routing I wind up doing is nothing more than edge profiles, but they sure do make life easier.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By czechsix:
Can't recall ever buying a router template, but they're easy to make. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Most of the hand held routing I wind up doing is nothing more than edge profiles, but they sure do make life easier.
View Quote

Naa, Nothing in particular, just seeing whats out there...
I'm like a kid with a short attention span....  OHHH SHINEY!!!!!   Wait, whats that...  :)
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
ah, got it.

Check on Etsy, tons of crap there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By czechsix:

View Quote

Templates (and routers) are where it is at for being able do a bunch of any particular cut a bunch of times in a row with ease.

If you want them all exactly the same sort of stuff...

Porter Cable routers and templates are some of the best out there in my opinion. The older the better... :)

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I run a cnc router a laser business on the side. If you can’t find what you want/need let me know.  

I’ve never used a router template to be honest. I’ve have a cnc router for so long I don’t really have the need.  The only time I would is if it was something too big for my cnc or I had work holding issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Quicky06:
I run a cnc router a laser business on the side. If you can’t find what you want/need let me know.  

I’ve never used a router template to be honest. I’ve have a cnc router for so long I don’t really have the need.  The only time I would is if it was something too big for my cnc or I had work holding issues.
View Quote

Same for the CNC router (no biz), but after following OP's link to templates I think mine might be engaged in a new career.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By midmo:

Same for the CNC router (no biz), but after following OP's link to templates I think mine might be engaged in a new career.
View Quote
Do it, start yourself an Etsy store till it takes off...  Then do your own website/ store.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By smullen:
Do it, start yourself an Etsy store till it takes off...  Then do your own website/ store.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midmo:

That's pretty much my retirement income plan, summed up in two phrases.  

Don't mean to drag the thread OT, but you say you do it for a side business... do you stay pretty busy?  Custom stuff, or are you cranking out multiple doodads and whatzits for general Etsy consumption?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a ton of router templates because I can't affort a CNC yet.

Check out Crafted Elements.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By zombievt:

View Quote
I want to order a few templates off there to make something for my wife and sister.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I want to order a few templates off there to make something for my wife and sister.
View Quote

I used a couple of them just this past weekend, as a matter of fact.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zombievt:

With the car audio stuff I always made my templates out of MDF. If it was something I was going to do a bunch of I’d make one out of plexiglass or ABS off of the MDF one to keep around. Different radio faces, speaker rings, commonly used pod components, ect. Stuff outside of that was usually one off so I didn’t save anything to speak of. You can build and do a bunch of cool shit with a router.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top