Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2024 8:21:48 PM EDT
Here is one bag's worth of junk. No metal, but plenty of rocks and coke.

Bought out of convenience, won't happen again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats this all about OP ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You got a free bullet in a bag of Royal Oak?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha.

The penny and 223 round are for scale, not included in the bag. Maybe I should have mentioned that?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If there's a kilo of coke in a bag, it seems financially worthwhile.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Aside from the fact they employ illegals and shit on the local ecosystem,  royal oak sucks ass. I'm with you OP.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Kingsford got any pennys and cartridges in theirs?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#7]
This is kind of like Cracker Jacks but with better prizes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I was impressed with the post with the Royal Oak lump charcoal with partially scorched pressure treated plywood scrap with nails in it.   Mmmm flavor!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:54:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: onthebreeze] [#10]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Kingsford got any pennys and cartridges in theirs?
View Quote

Lol, no.

Briquettes just don't get hot enough.
Originally Posted By ZW17:
For the cost, especially these days, I’ll take a rock or two per bag. I’m not worried about it.

Charcoal has gotten expensive.
View Quote

It has. But you have to buy more of it's full of rocks. Fogo on deck.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:15:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#11]
EDIT: Deleted
Not GD...
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I really like the Jealous Devil lump, but not at $25-$28 a bag.

View Quote

I actually have some seasoned walnut wood, I'm considering trying some DIY charcoal.

Ultimately it costs more than gas, but I prefer the flavor of charcoal and it's easier to refill.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#14]
If I buy charcoal, it's Kingsford brand.

I know charcoal is no longer made in Kingsford, but Kingsford is local to me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I really like the Jealous Devil lump, but not at $25-$28 a bag.

View Quote
Walmart last year had it for $20 for 20lb.

It looks like this year they've got blue hogs and it's burning nice for me
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Been using B&B competition charcoal briquettes lately since I go through about a bag a week when the weather is nice.  $10 shipped from Walmart if you buy enough to qualify for free shipping ($40 iirc).  Granted, my last couple of bags were junk and the briquettes looked like factory seconds, it's hard to beat for the price.  Other than that, I'll get Kingsford BB from Costco for about the same price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ChuckD05:
Walmart last year had it for $20 for 20lb.

It looks like this year they've got blue hogs and it's burning nice for me
View Quote

Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:
Been using B&B competition charcoal briquettes lately since I go through about a bag a week when the weather is nice.  $10 shipped from Walmart if you buy enough to qualify for free shipping ($40 iirc).  Granted, my last couple of bags were junk and the briquettes looked like factory seconds, it's hard to beat for the price.  Other than that, I'll get Kingsford BB from Costco for about the same price.
View Quote
Thank you guys for the tips. I will check out both if available locally.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll buy Royal Oak every once in a while if I'm in a pinch and don't want to drive into the city (local store only carries Royal Oak) or if it's on sale.

Last month Menards had it on sale, $5 for a 10 lb bag. Bought 4 bags. Probably won't ever buy again. It's gotten much worse.last time I used it I had to clean out the hopper of my gravity smoker of rocks, screws, nails, and broken glass. This was after I removed a pallet board and some insulation from the bag. Royal Oak's quality was never good and you'd always find some added surprises in the bag, but I don't remember it ever being this bad.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Royal Oak lump charcoal is the worst stuff I've used so far.  Looks like they shoveled and bagged the remnants of a meth lab fire, and burns like a pile of packing peanuts.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Quiganomics:
I'll buy Royal Oak every once in a while if I'm in a pinch and don't want to drive into the city (local store only carries Royal Oak) or if it's on sale.

Last month Menards had it on sale, $5 for a 10 lb bag. Bought 4 bags. Probably won't ever buy again. It's gotten much worse.last time I used it I had to clean out the hopper of my gravity smoker of rocks, screws, nails, and broken glass. This was after I removed a pallet board and some insulation from the bag. Royal Oak's quality was never good and you'd always find some added surprises in the bag, but I don't remember it ever being this bad.
View Quote

Originally Posted By midmo:
Royal Oak lump charcoal is the worst stuff I've used so far.  Looks like they shoveled and bagged the remnants of a meth lab fire, and burns like a pile of packing peanuts.
View Quote

Both my experiences to a T. Nothing like that lump of asbestos insulation to really bring the charcoal flavor supremacy to the next level.

But then imagine what kind of shit gets ground up into pellets for the pellet grills!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top