Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Ruger American Ranch (Page 43 of 48)
Page / 48
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Ruger american varmint.   Only complaint is the shit may but Ruger was easy to deal with and sente a new one with no hassle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By danos660r:
I have the Ruger american varmint.   Only complaint is the shit may but Ruger was easy to deal with and sente a new one with no hassle.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By danos660r:
View Quote

I'm kinda praying they don't send me a Gen 2 as a replacement.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
PSA selling bare actions is way cool
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
View Quote

It's the way to go. Have we heard anything about the new PSA gun as far as prefits? A good QD system has to be pretty hard and/or expensive but if they take an existing prefit barrel or do whatever is needed for the barrel people to offer prefits it's a good step. Gives you a lot of cool possibilities.

Bolt action pistols have gained popularity. You can have a 10" 308 pistol and swap to a 26" 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. I don't think I've seen anything about interchangable bolt heads but that would really open up the options(like the Bighorn Origin) but again it just adds cost and complexity.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Flushfit promag 5 rounder

https://promagindustries.com/ar-15-223-5-rd-flush-fit-blue-steel/
View Quote

Thanks - I will try one for my 300blk.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Taurus has a m700 remmy bolt action at shot

https://www.taurususa.com/rifles/bolt-action-rifle/taurus-expedition-308win-18in-5-rds

$984
View Quote

Lulz
A grand
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Taurus has a m700 remmy bolt action at shot

https://www.taurususa.com/rifles/bolt-action-rifle/taurus-expedition-308win-18in-5-rds

$984
View Quote

Huh.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Bolt action pistols have gained popularity. You can have a 10" 308 pistol and swap to a 26" 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. I don't think I've seen anything about interchangable bolt heads but that would really open up the options(like the Bighorn Origin) but again it just adds cost and complexity.
View Quote

Just remember that once you switch it from a pistol to a rifle you may never *legally* switch it back to a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#10]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

Just remember that once you switch it from a pistol to a rifle you may never *legally* switch it back to a pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When did this change?

Because you were always able to go from pistol-> rifle -> pistol after the Thompson Contender case.

rifle first, rifle forever, pistol first, you can switch back and forth
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Say what?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:19:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I’m wrong but a local FFL told me that.  Off to research…
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I’m wrong but a local FFL told me that.  Off to research…
View Quote

Yes you are wrong. If it starts as a pistol it can go to a rifle and back to a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#14]
It's based on 21 years old to purchase a pistol
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

It's the way to go. Have we heard anything about the new PSA gun as far as prefits? A good QD system has to be pretty hard and/or expensive but if they take an existing prefit barrel or do whatever is needed for the barrel people to offer prefits it's a good step. Gives you a lot of cool possibilities.

View Quote

Wait?   What?   Where?   I’m looking though 6 pages of PSA gear and I can’t find it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

Wait?   What?   Where?   I’m looking though 6 pages of PSA gear and I can’t find it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

It’s in their YouTube video for new products. The bolt rifle and pump shotgun will both be available as actions only.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#17]
Gen 2 5.56 at Family Firearms right now for $548 shipped

Edit:  7.62x39 also
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

They said they will sell just bolts so better than buying a whole new set.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

View Quote

Cheaper than getting an old clapped out Chinese SKS at the LGS LOL
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

View All Quotes

I like my old clapped out Chinese SKS!  I also like my new 7.62x39 Gen 1 RAR!  Just waiting for some nicer weather to sight get some range time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

With those bayonet adapters evening the score, all the SKSs have left are collectability and usually semi-autoness.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm currently saving my pennies for a gen 2 7 62x39. It seems to be a decent buy
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#23]
What's the hype behind wanting one of these in 7.62x39?  Cheap loaded ammo?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
View Quote

I got one because I wanted a bolt action that could shoot the 7.62x39 I already have.  I don't have anything in 223/556 so it made sense for me.  The only semi auto centerfire rifle I have is an SKS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

I got one because I wanted a bolt action that could shoot the 7.62x39 I already have.  I don't have anything in 223/556 so it made sense for me.  The only semi auto centerfire rifle I have is an SKS.
View Quote

That and every report I've seen indicates they shoot even the shittiest ammo very well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

That and every report I've seen indicates they shoot even the shittiest ammo very well.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:17:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JKH62] [#27]
View Quote

They are cheap suppressor hosts that shoot well with detachable mags.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:28:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#28]
I'm disappointed by the lack of screaming deals on the originals
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:31:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkStar] [#29]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I'm disappointed by the lack of screaming deals on the OG guns
View Quote

It might happen when more of the Gen 2's are out in the wild and the Gen I's aren't selling as well as they once did.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

It might happen when more of the Gen 2's are out in the wild and the Gen I's aren't selling as well as they once did.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DarkStar:
I'm disappointed by the lack of screaming deals on the OG guns

Possibly but it seems like the days of screaming deals on any niche gun are past us.  Sure depending on your AO you might find something at a LGS but for me the chances of finding a gen 1 RAR in 7.62x39 local to me are about slim to none.  I got my gen 1 because I don't like the look of the gen 2.  Figured I better get it in case they end production in favor of the gen 2.  Then I would be stuck hunting gun broker or traveling to find what I wanted.

I think there is a better chance of finding killer deal on a gen 1 RAR in a more common caliber than 7.62x39.

Plus, I live in NY and my mentality here is, if I want something and don't already own it, I better get it because who knows what law is coming down the pipe next.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Are there any chassis that accept Picatinny stocks out of the box? Or do they all require an adapter?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Thinking that I would find a screaming deal on a RAR in 556 ended up costing me money for not buying one sooner....

Of Course YMMV

Red
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

If you're already an AK / SKS guy who stacked 7.62 x 39 cheap back in the day; then all the reasons they appeal to AR guys who want one in .223 would apply.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doubleshot00] [#35]

View All Quotes

This is promising as every RAR ive owned has been pickey but my RAR 300blk

If you're already an AK / SKS guy who stacked 7.62 x 39 cheap back in the day; then all the reasons they appeal to AR guys who want one in .223 would apply.

Thought that may be the case.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Correct - Having a bunch of AR's the RAR in 556 is sweet - it has to be the best all around package - light weight, compact, easy to shoot and dead nuts accurate.

What is not to like...

Esp these days with 556 prices....

Red
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Swapped out the OEM stock for the compact version. What an enormous difference that 1.25” makes in comfort and handling.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Swapped out the OEM stock for the compact version. What an enormous difference that 1.25” makes in comfort and handling.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/IMG_1814_jpeg-3130109.JPG
View Quote

I had no idea there were two different sized stocks. What's the 300blk come with
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:59:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: triburst1] [#40]

I had no idea there were two different sized stocks. What's the 300blk come with
View All Quotes

They all come standard with the full length stock with 13.75” LOP, except for model 26985, which is the .350 Legend compact with 12.5” LOP. The stocks are interchangeable among the calibers that use AR pattern mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

When I contacted Ruger about getting a compact stock for my 300blk they replied with a case # and asked me to call them during business hours to “discuss” the matter.  Seems kinda silly.  I still need to call back, I am 6’2 and the oem stock LOP is way too long.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I just bought a compact stock from Ruger, didn't try to get it for free. It was like $100. It was worth it to me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By LineHaul:

When I contacted Ruger about getting a compact stock for my 300blk they replied with a case # and asked me to call them during business hours to “discuss” the matter.  Seems kinda silly.  I still need to call back, I am 6’2 and the oem stock LOP is way too long.
View All Quotes

Interesting.

I have the 7.62x39 with the standard LOP and it actually feels a bit short to me vs similar style hunting rifle.  I am 5' 8"

I just looked it up and it has the same LOP as my primary deer rifle a Remington model 7 in 308 so I guess its par for the course?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Interesting.

I have the 7.62x39 with the standard LOP and it actually feels a bit short to me vs similar style hunting rifle.  I am 5' 8"

I just looked it up and it has the same LOP as my primary deer rifle a Remington model 7 in 308 so I guess its par for the course?
View All Quotes

Interesting.

As far as discussions go. I believe they will hook you up for free if it's for a youth shooter. FYI
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Ruger said my Rifle wasn't repairable and they want to send me a new one. I kind of found that odd but whatever.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
Ruger said my Rifle wasn't repairable and they want to send me a new one. I kind of found that odd but whatever.
View Quote

It’s not that rare on OEM guns. Sometimes they find enough issues they just decide it’s better to swap it out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Not long ago I added a 30-06 to my Ruger American line-up.  $434 before takes and shipping from Grabagun.  It will get a rattlecan job once the warm weather hits.

Pictured here with the 300blk.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#48]
1. Need a .30 can
2. See a Lahar-L for $420 plus ship and tax
3. OOS
4. Realize it was 20+ oz
5. Whew, dodged a bullet
6. Resolve to save up for Diligent Enticer L-Ti
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]
1. Need a .30 can
2. See a Lahar-L for $420 plus ship and tax
3. OOS
4. Realize it was 20+ oz
5. Whew, dodged a bullet
6. Resolve to save up for Diligent Enticer L-Ti
View Quote

whew!
smart man
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackieDaytona] [#50]
Originally Posted By jstnstr:
What a great gun. Just rattlecanned the stock, added my can and optic. But now I need a better bolt handle so I don’t destroy my knuckles on the throw lever. It goes on!

https://imgur.com/qcl92RL.jpg
View Quote

That is a NICE paint job. Wish mine looked like that.

What are some of the higher round counts you guys have on your Rugers? They holding up to a LOT of shooting and hunting?
Page / 48
Ruger American Ranch (Page 43 of 48)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top