Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2022 6:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz]
Have to admit. Ive never been a basketball fan myself. There's no denying there's some unbelievable icons out there who've dominated the game though. Guess you'd say I respect the quiet/mellow stars - and Shaq wasn't one of them. Kobe for sure.

So I pose the question to those who love the game in this era. Where does Shaq rank in the grand scheme of players out there who've left an impression on you?

Have you seen this HBO series w Shaq and his ego? Thoughts?

His free throws were pathetic. He was a cop??

Shaq
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
FUNNY Charles Barkley Clowns San Antonio Women Compilation
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
manth?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ALASKANFIRE] [#3]
I think he’d be fun to hang out with. Don’t know much about his basketball. One clip I’ve seen circulated a lot was an interview with Kobe and they asked what Shaq would have been if he had Kobe’s drive and without hesitation Kobe says the best ever or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 7:56:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I think he’d be fun to hang out with. Don’t know much about his basketball. One clip I’ve seen circulated a lot was an interview with Kobe and they asked what Shaq would have been if he had Kobe’s drive and without hesitation Kobe says the best ever or something to that effect.
View Quote

Thats kind of what I mean. Kobe seemed to have more class than the Big Man - despite sexual harassment/assault charges. Seems like every athlete racks those up.

The dudes death was tragic as hell too. Seems every time I see a HBO special on someone I post it. lol. One on Jordan below and Ronnie James Dio in music.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhqVMe_nJ5s
View Quote

Bag of dicks. Couldnt even understand most of it either.  -
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
He makes some good pepperoni pizzas.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
He is playing a character of sorts.  It is a shtick to get him noticed.  The man who raised him was a career army guy and taught him to not accept mediocrity.  He married Shaq's mom as a single mother with her baby daddy in prison.  

He is very supportive of the military and LE. He got a criminal justice degree and is/was a sworn LE, and it's not one of those bullshit badges for money schemes.  He has stated more than once he would have gone in to LE had ne not played basketball.  

He is notoriously generous with both his time and money. One of his hobbies is to go to Walmart and pay off people's Christmas layaways anonymously, and Best Buy looking for families needing laptops for their children's education and buying them whatever they want.  As a dad, he has a rule for his kids.  "You got to get two degrees to get my cheese."  He doesn't fund any of their wants unless they get a bachelor's and a master's degree minimum.  

When he took part ownership in Papa John's one of his big pushes to executives was how to get family pizza nights more affordable for lower income families because he grew up with not much.  

He has an ego for sure but he's a HOF player and absolutely dominated the game in his prime except from the charity line.  There are worse guys to bag on out there IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Met him at his chicken sandwich shop right off the Vegas strip. Cool guy. Good food
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
He is playing a character of sorts.  It is a shtick to get him noticed.  The man who raised him was a career army guy and taught him to not accept mediocrity.  He married Shaq's mom as a single mother with her baby daddy in prison.  

He is very supportive of the military and LE. He got a criminal justice degree and is/was a sworn LE, and it's not one of those bullshit badges for money schemes.  He has stated more than once he would have gone in to LE had ne not played basketball.  

He is notoriously generous with both his time and money. One of his hobbies is to go to Walmart and pay off people's Christmas layaways anonymously, and Best Buy looking for families needing laptops for their children's education and buying them whatever they want.  As a dad, he has a rule for his kids.  "You got to get two degrees to get my cheese."  He doesn't fund any of their wants unless they get a bachelor's and a master's degree minimum.  

When he took part ownership in Papa John's one of his big pushes to executives was how to get family pizza nights more affordable for lower income families because he grew up with not much.  

He has an ego for sure but he's a HOF player and absolutely dominated the game in his prime except from the charity line.  There are worse guys to bag on out there IMHO.
View Quote

YES! I did see that in the Doc about him going thru the LAPD Police Academy and is a Reserve Officer. Trippy and Im sure his size shut assholes down immediately!
His father was career Air Force from what I saw and had a very good influence on him. One of few who could rein him in when he got angry!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top