Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a war on both beef and chickens right now. You best be fighting in it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:
I know plenty of humans who aren't really conscious.
View Quote

Yes. They're called democrats.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Why wouldn’t they have consciousness? Who the fuck cares?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Why wouldn’t they have consciousness? Who the fuck cares?
View Quote

It's a legit intentional campaign to get you to eat shittier food. Full stop.

That's why you should care. These are not people with legit beliefs and strong foundations making an argument. These are people trying to drive a narrative into people they've intentionally dumbed down through the education system.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
To further prove my claim, Google "organic racist" and see what comes up.

What at first was a totally legit left of center position has now become "racist".

Right of center was like "idk bro I'm a regular guy I don't want all this trash" and that's their talking point. But it's not a talking point. Turns out both people on both sides of the center like regular food better than shit food.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My trouser snake has a mind of its own.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
No shit, but sentience isn't the same as sapience.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
This just further validates my position that as a hunter, I bring the gift of quick death.  The alternatives are being eaten alive by a predator, being horribly maimed by a vehicle (and then being eaten, maybe while still alive) or dying of a horrible disease (and then being eaten).  No animals in nature are dying of old age.

I guess I need to bring the gift of quick death to even more of them!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Food historically has been a very huge control point for oppressive tyranny. I have yet to find one tyrannical government who announced themselves as tyrannical.

Weirdly enough, they all sell themselves to the populace as saviors for problems their own government is responsible for. Pick any government you don't like and this is the case.

This is all total trash, due to outsourced thinking, central banking and the MBAs
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By phatmax:
In that case I shall eat scientists!
View Quote

We can also eat the people who believe this shit.

Long pork is the best pork.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
View Quote

I'm doing my best.  Eating beef and chicken along with my home raised sheep.  Soon to be reintroduced quail, and hopefully newly started fish.

I also sell sheep to others.  Though one strange neighbor wanted a few as pets for his wife.  Whatever, I got hay to help raise more food!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The last sentient thought a pig has is "Enjoy your bacon".
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Octopi are pretty smart creatures..
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Follow the science: The food chain is real. We’re at or near the top of the food chain. End of discussion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
This just further validates my position that as a hunter, I bring the gift of quick death.  The alternatives are being eaten alive by a predator, being horribly maimed by a vehicle (and then being eaten, maybe while still alive) or dying of a horrible disease (and then being eaten).  No animals in nature are dying of old age.

View Quote

This is the point of every human. From American Indians to Western Europe to the Middle East.

Imagine not knowing what food is, and imagine not utilizing your own humanity to say "I want to eat that, but I don't want to be a dick". It's not complicated, humans have done this for thousands of years
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
Octopi are pretty smart creatures..
View Quote

I eat those smart, delicious bastards at least once a week.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

I'm doing my best.  Eating beef and chicken along with my home raised sheep.  Soon to be reintroduced quail, and hopefully newly started fish.

I also sell sheep to others.  Though one strange neighbor wanted a few as pets for his wife.  Whatever, I got hay to help raise more food!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Octopus and squid are reputed to have the same cognitive abilities as a cat
View Quote

If you've ever had chicken in a Chinese restaurant, you've eaten cat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:56:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CastleBravo91] [#19]
Originally Posted By SideSwipeYa:
Are they telling me it’s not okay to eat fish because they have feelings?
View Quote

Something in the way,
Oooooooooh,
Something in the way, yeah,
Oooooooooh....

ETA: beat on page 1.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
I mean, okay, I can get behind that I guess.

But I've seen bugs fly straight into campfires and burn to death, so I'm not really too impressed.
View Quote

Not to argue or anything, but I've seen humans light themselves on fire for nothing more than idiotic politics, so maybe bugs are smarter than some people.

I don't know if lobsters have consciousness or not, but I've always found this topic very interesting, maybe because my wife and I are both animal lovers in the pet sense, and we're always helping some wildlife get back on it's feet after being injured. Heck we just let a bird go yesterday after taking care of it for 2 weeks. It was nice to see it fly off to live it's life.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By phatmax:

They were protesting genocide in Gaza, obviously.
View Quote

lol, good one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cmw:

I have no doubt that cephalopods are sentient and they are also aware that we are as well.

View Quote

Sorry, but I call bullshit on that one. They might be sentient, but how in the hell would they know anything about us?

Do they have a science lab under the sea with sponge bob?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't give a fuck if it's a fully sapient creature. I'm a human, an apex predator (or pretty damn close). I love animals too, doesn't mean I won't kill and eat them for sustenance. That's how life on planet Earth works.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#24]

This is the point of every human. From American Indians to Western Europe to the Middle East.

Imagine not knowing what food is
, and imagine not utilizing your own humanity to say "I want to eat that, but I don't want to be a dick". It's not complicated, humans have done this for thousands of years
View All Quotes

, and imagine not utilizing your own humanity to say "I want to eat that, but I don't want to be a dick". It's not complicated, humans have done this for thousands of years

When I worked in a kitchen we had a high school girl as a dishwasher, and one day she asked "Why do you guys call it blood?" as she looked at ground beef sitting in a strainer, draining off blood before it was cooked up.  Confused, we asked her what she meant.  She didn't realize that beef was the flesh from a cow, or that meat was the flesh of once-living animals.  Then she cried.  She was very pretty and very rich, and also very sheltered.  To her dad's credit, he was the one who made her get a job as a dishwasher.  She learned several eye opening lessons in that bar's kitchen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

Not to argue or anything, but I've seen humans light themselves on fire for nothing more than idiotic politics, so maybe bugs are smarter than some people.

I don't know if lobsters have consciousness or not, but I've always found this topic very interesting, maybe because my wife and I are both animal lovers in the pet sense, and we're always helping some wildlife get back on it's feet after being injured. Heck we just let a bird go yesterday after taking care of it for 2 weeks. It was nice to see it fly off to live it's life.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zukguy:
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
I mean, okay, I can get behind that I guess.

But I've seen bugs fly straight into campfires and burn to death, so I'm not really too impressed.

You and your wife openly acknowledge your humanity. That's the difference.

Sometimes you need to kill stuff to eat, sometimes you need to help injured animals. I don't think these issues (much like science and religion) are mutually exclusive. You can help a bird but also eat chicken, they're not the same thing. One was raised to provide, one was wild and got injured and because we're pretty smart we can help that animal.

You're doing the right thing, and I don't even need to ask if you consume meat, because of fucking course you do
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lildavid67] [#26]

Imagine not knowing what food is, and imagine not utilizing your own humanity to say "I want to eat that, but I don't want to be a dick". It's not complicated, humans have done this for thousands of years
View All Quotes

Skip to 0:58 to see speech.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
But 64 miillion abortions are just fine.  Right up until birth.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#28]

When I worked in a kitchen we had a high school girl as a dishwasher, and one day she asked "Why do you guys call it blood?" as she looked at ground beef sitting in a strainer, draining off blood before it was cooked up.  Confused, we asked her what she meant.  She didn't realize that beef was the flesh from a cow, or that meat was the flesh of once-living animals.  Then she cried.  She was very pretty and very rich, and also very sheltered.  To her dad's credit, he was the one who made her get a job as a dishwasher.  She learned several eye opening lessons in that bar's kitchen.
View All Quotes

Good for her pops.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lildavid67:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9oW0Nk7Dm4
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lildavid67:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9oW0Nk7Dm4

Your post brings up another great point that aside the big 3 religions, all humans recognize this.

There is universal truth in the world.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Uhh, they're living creatures that aren't plants. Of course they're conscious.  Like, what dumbass big-brain postulated a random set of animal life wasn't conscious?  It's as if some Liberal scientists came out years from now and go, "we've discovered evidence that there are only TWO genders!"  

Now, there conclusion:
"Third, when there is a realistic possibility of conscious experience in an animal, it is irresponsible to ignore that possibility in decisions affecting that animal. We should consider welfare risks and use the evidence to inform our responses to these risks."

...There's the nutty part; I assume they mean shit like, environmental studies, and banning fishing and eating these creatures, all as a push for humans to not be allowed to eat meat, and narrow us down to bugs, before determining that bugs aren't allowed either, at which time they determine all need to drink poison kool-aid to save mother gaia.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

We need a like button.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't care.  Still going to eat animals.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By vxtip545:

Uhh, they're living creatures that aren't plants. Of course they're conscious.  Like, what dumbass big-brain postulated a random set of animal life wasn't conscious?  It's as if some Liberal scientists came out years from now and go, "we've discovered evidence that there are only TWO genders!"  

Now, there conclusion:
"Third, when there is a realistic possibility of conscious experience in an animal, it is irresponsible to ignore that possibility in decisions affecting that animal. We should consider welfare risks and use the evidence to inform our responses to these risks."

...There's the nutty part; I assume they mean shit like, environmental studies, and banning fishing and eating these creatures, all as a push for humans to not be allowed to eat meat, and narrow us down to bugs, before determining that bugs aren't allowed either, at which time they determine all need to drink poison kool-aid to save mother gaia.
View Quote

They want to ban raising animals to eat.
They want to ban hunting.
They want to ban owning pets and working animals.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Wait but some "scientist" just wrote a book about people not having free will. So if we don't have free will, neither do animals. This none of us are conscious thus soyle t green is on the menu.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Cool. I’m man, I’ll keep eating whatever the fuck I want.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#38]
There’s a lobster place near me.  Had whole lobster there a few months ago, and it was magnificent.  Lobster meat is outfrickinstanding.  

I wonder what the lobsters think as they’re going into the boiling pot of water?   Trust the science?

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Other animals eat other animals, so, as an animal myself, I have zero fucks to give about eating tasty animals to sustain myself. I don’t care if they’re conscious or not while they’re alive.

If humans were the only omni/carnivores on earth, then maybe I’d reconsider. But we’re not. So get fucked, commie bastards.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Well... not when we eat them.  Unless you're in Japan.  They eat that stuff while it's still wriggling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By QueOndaGuero:
There's that FPNI thing again.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TomMcC] [#42]
Quit complaining about science and scientists, they know these things, it's the evidence...and darn it, they're just smarter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

...And even afterward, too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
My cat has only murder on his mind.

Bezos Earth Fund is giving $60 million toward revamping alternative proteins

A review of the signatories on this declaration indicates most of the expertise is in philosophy, psychology, and environmental studies. The group asserts that a wide array of species, including lobsters, fish, octopi, and insects, can experience elements of consciousness and sentience.

First, there is strong scientific support for attributions of conscious experience to other mammals and to birds.

Second, the empirical evidence indicates at least a realistic possibility of conscious experience in all vertebrates (including reptiles, amphibians, and fishes) and many invertebrates (including, at minimum, cephalopod mollusks, decapod crustaceans, and insects).

Third, when there is a realistic possibility of conscious experience in an animal, it is irresponsible to ignore that possibility in decisions affecting that animal. We should consider welfare risks and use the evidence to inform our responses to these risks.
View Quote

*raises hand in the back of the class*

Who *didn't* think these animals weren't self aware?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:18:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Octopi is grammatically incorrect.  

The correct plural of octopus is octopodes.  Octopuses is also acceptable.
View Quote

Yes, but in the Queen’s English, It’s Octopi.    

Octopussies is acceptable for groups of female Octopi.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:24:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: timeless] [#46]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Octopus and squid are reputed to have the same cognitive abilities as a cat
View Quote

I used to live in a flat no bedroom apartment with a chilled aquarium housing a bimac octopus.

It would wake me up every morning to feed it by squirting tank water across the room onto my face.

It would hide only when I had guests over.

We would wave at each other every time a left and got home.

I think it was way more cognitive than a cat.

I went to Vegas on a 3 day vacation and came home to an ink trail across the carpet floor where it waited at the window for me to come home and died.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I could get on board with this if it weren't for the fact that the same people pushing this, don't have nearly the same amount of concern for quality and length of life, or respect for the individual consciousnessm dignity, and lives of........HUMANS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Lobsters yes

College Sophomores, no

Lobsters can find Gaza.  College kids can't
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

FP forever.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:27:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
So do cows, pigs, chickens.  Doesn’t stop me from eating them.
View Quote

This.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top