Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2024 6:44:35 PM EDT
Sharpe Teaches How To Shoot | Sharpe
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Such a good series. It doesn’t get enough love.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Best TV series I've ever bingewatched.

After I read all the books.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I could find where to watch this. This scene reminds me of being a kid and my crazy uncle showed us kids how to reload a flint lock rifle on the run with undersized musket balls as part of this thing we did at family reunions where the older folks recreated the trials to join Bradys Rangers. That was a long time ago, when my family trained infantryman from birth and encouragement to enlist was family wide. Now enlisting gets you cut from the will. Memories are fond but my how times change in just 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I knew the title of this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Unlubed:
I wish I could find where to watch this. This scene reminds me of being a kid and my crazy uncle showed us kids how to reload a flint lock rifle on the run with undersized musket balls as part of this thing we did at family reunions where the older folks recreated the trials to join Bradys Rangers. That was a long time ago, when my family trained infantryman from birth and encouragement to enlist was family wide. Now enlisting gets you cut from the will. Memories are fond but my how times change in just 20 years.
View Quote

Think it's on BritBox app.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
I wish I knew the title of this.
View Quote

It's a BBC series called "Sharpe." In brief, Sean Bean was a British soldier during the Napoleonic Wars who received a field commission.

I couldn't figure out how to stream it and bought a bunch of used DVDs off of fleabay. Really enjoyed it too but I can't speak to historical accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
3 rounds a minute, in all weather, Sir.  That's what makes a good soldier.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

It's a BBC series called "Sharpe." In brief, Sean Bean was a British soldier during the Napoleonic Wars who received a field commission.

I couldn't figure out how to stream it and bought a bunch of used DVDs off of fleabay. Really enjoyed it too but I can't speak to historical accuracy.
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

All of the full episodes are on YouTube. A random guy uploaded them. You have to do a bit of searching.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s available on streaming.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Yep. That’s the guy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Can someone explain the spitting in the barrel portion?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Leonidas777:

Yep. That’s the guy.
View Quote

Posting all the episodes for us to watch for free.

Now that's soldiering.

(sorry!)
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SurvivingAZ:
Can someone explain the spitting in the barrel portion?
View Quote

The bullet is in their mouth from when they bit the end off.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#16]
That was a good show.

Use to watch it on pbs-bbc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

The bullet is in their mouth from when they bit the end off.
View Quote
Oh, duh. Undersized ball(s) would make total sense in the rest of that sequence now. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
A very young Elizabeth Hurley in that series.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I rented Britbox channel on Prime just to watch this series... I think it cost like $9-10 a month at the time
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Topless no less, plays a whore.

There was a new beauty every episode..
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By byron2112:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By byron2112:

I'll be damned.
You know the old saying "Once you've seen one pair of tits..."

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Sharpe’s Madness: How Not to Load a Musket

What’s the fastest way to shoot a Brown Bess? No, it’s not Sharpe’s “spit loading” method.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top