Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2024 3:35:46 PM EDT
Going to be embarking on a welding cart build in the not too distant future.  Grabbed a free 2 drawer filing cabinet off of the book of faces marketplace to use as the "base cabinet" for the machine because I'm super cheap.  Thinking I'll weld up a frame out of angle for it to sit on, put the tank on the back with some 1.25" filler rod holders.  May throw a boom on there to hold the torch hoses up off the floor.  Top drawer will be for all of my PPE, references, notebooks/clipboard, marking tools.  Bottom drawer will have my foot pedal, torch, ground clamp, torch consumables, grinders and wrench, discs (separate sealed container for the ones dedicated for AL), Tungsten grinder and discs.

Will also be building/repurposing my DeWalt jobsite saw stand I think to be the base to a mobile welding table.  Was going to get rid of it, but now I'm thinking I'll repurpose it since it's "free" steel.  I want to buy the titanium "fab" table from HF since it's cheap and I can pop it on top of my track saw cart/assembly table.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you ever use more than one type of gas? If so you might want to consider making it so it holds 2 bottles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's mine.  A bit unorthodox, but I needed something I could move around.  It's set up like a wheel barrow with sturdy front legs and wheels.  Handles fold up so you can move it around.  Top is 1/8" thick steel, but I wish I'd gone heavier.  A rear wall protects the tanks from splatter.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Table has .5" thick 6061 T-6 aluminum top that was scrap from a laser system.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:14:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#4]
Cart is made from scrap metal.  Miller 180 on top, Older model Miller Spectrum 875 on the bottom.  

I do a lot of auto sheet metal and frame fabrication, so I need the small footprint cart with maneuverability.  (the wheels were also salvage)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SandHillsHillbilly:
Do you ever use more than one type of gas? If so you might want to consider making it so it holds 2 bottles.
View Quote
No current plans to use anything other than pure argon.  Figure I will size it for two tanks just to be safe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is a couple of mine and one i just built for a member here
I used a old fab cart that i didn't need or use anymore .

the table i built from a cart :

the harbour freight cart I used for my tig welder

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Most of my work is on small items, so I get by with a 24”x48” top.  It is a 1/2” sheet attached to a Harbor Freight lift table.

Attachment Attached File

You can see the tig cart I made.  The Dynasty came with a two wheel dolly cart and I hated it. Pain in the ass to move especially with a large bottle.

My mig welder came with wheels and a bottle mount.  I added a small platform for the plasma cutter and I store a bunch of clamps on it.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top