Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2024 6:46:27 PM EDT
Could have swore we had a thread on this, went back to page 3 and couldn't find it?

Not exactly a kick the door open premiere....they took a few choppers up and broadcasted signals to each other from alternating sides of the triangle anomaly. Had the weird gps interference when tracking. Caught a few videos of UAPs but nothing new really. The previews of future episodes looked alot more exciting than anything from previous seasons although with History Channel sensationalist editing I'm reserving judgement for a later date. Glad the show is back
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I thought it was lame. They need to start excavation of those tunnels they found in the last season. Call the boys from oak island to sink a cason or something, otherwise they're just going to keep doing stupid shit like this. Episode 2: two helicopters but this time with flame throwers
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:
Yeah I thought it was lame. They need to start excavation of those tunnels they found in the last season. Call the boys from oak island to sink a cason or something, otherwise they're just going to keep doing stupid shit like this. Episode 2: two helicopters but this time with flame throwers
View Quote

I'm curious as to what the jelly like substance they recovered from a borehole is. And yes I agree....as an excavator operator all I want to do is dig into the Mesa
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I'm curious as to what the jelly like substance they recovered from a borehole is. And yes I agree....as an excavator operator all I want to do is dig into the Mesa
View Quote

But that would be 'invasive'. Nevermind that we've had 4 years of noninvasive tests. What's the point of doing an ultra hightech underground survey is you're too chicken shit to dig?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The jelly looked like Bentonite, it's a clay that can absorb a lot of water. Wyoming is one of the largest producers in the world, and the Uintah basin has natural deposits.

Uses include cat litter, purifying wine, cosmetics, slurry walls, drilling mud, etc.

I can already hear them explain it on the show "THEY USE THIS STUFF TO LINE THE PITS WHEN THEY BURY NUCLEAR WASTE!" They do, but... They also dig it out of the ground in that part of the world.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Herc:
The jelly looked like Bentonite, it's a clay that can absorb a lot of water. Wyoming is one of the largest producers in the world, and the Uintah basin has natural deposits.

Uses include cat litter, purifying wine, cosmetics, slurry walls, drilling mud, etc.

I can already hear them explain it on the show "THEY USE THIS STUFF TO LINE THE PITS WHEN THEY BURY NUCLEAR WASTE!" They do, but... They also dig it out of the ground in that part of the world.
View Quote

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when that part of the show comes up
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Could have swore we had a thread on this, went back to page 3 and couldn't find it?

Not exactly a kick the door open premiere....they took a few choppers up and broadcasted signals to each other from alternating sides of the triangle anomaly. Had the weird gps interference when tracking. Caught a few videos of UAPs but nothing new really. The previews of future episodes looked alot more exciting than anything from previous seasons although with History Channel sensationalist editing I'm reserving judgement for a later date. Glad the show is back
View Quote

I think the data from the first test will come into play later with additional research on the triangle area.  Episode 1 seemed like a setup episode for more interesting things to come.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
@brass

What happened to our previous SWR show thread? It had some good discussions. Unless I'm just blind and can't find it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By brass:
Maybe slipped into archive now?   Perhaps it was in GD?

I don't remember seeing one recently.

View Quote

It was for sure here, you may be right about archives tho. I didn't think it had been that long. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Well tonight's episode was kind of lame. The radio signal was interesting but they didn't do a control test from the same distance without the mesa in the way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:04:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Oldgold] [#12]
Skinwalker ranch and Oak Island are good for a one or two hour documentary, but not more than that. And I like that kind of stuff. It would be like Ancient Aliens spending five seasons on the Great Pyramid or Puma Pukka. Same goes for the Big Foot expeditions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:39:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#13]
Well tonight's episode was kind of lame. The radio signal was interesting but they didn't do a control test from the same distance without the mesa in the way.
View Quote

I follow the team a bit and I guarantee they did a control test but it was edited out.  A lot of the real science is cut from the show because it's "boring".

Erik hates it because he then has to deal with the internet criticizing every experiment.  He lives on the ranch permanently and he's constantly gathering data but the producers only want to show the juiciest bits and fluff it for drama.

The show is a lot better if you look at it like straight data collection and ignore all of Travis' "could this be a wormhole portal to another dimension!?" speculation for the sake of making the show more intriguing.  They ARE collecting a lot of anomalous data and it's damn interesting, regardless of the source, so take out aliens/skinwalkers and just enjoy the weirdness.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

I follow the team a bit and I guarantee they did a control test but it was edited out.  A lot of the real science is cut from the show because it's "boring".

Erik hates it because he then has to deal with the internet criticizing every experiment.  He lives on the ranch permanently and he's constantly gathering data but the producers only want to show the juiciest bits and fluff it for drama.

The show is a lot better if you look at it like straight data collection and ignore all of Travis' "could this be a wormhole portal to another dimension!?" speculation for the sake of making the show more intriguing.  They ARE collecting a lot of anomalous data and it's damn interesting, regardless of the source, so take out aliens/skinwalkers and just enjoy the weirdness.
View Quote
Could you expand on the "I follow the team a bit" with some details? I'm not interested in watching the show but I am interested in Skinwalker ranch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Erik_O:
Could you expand on the "I follow the team a bit" with some details? I'm not interested in watching the show but I am interested in Skinwalker ranch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Erik_O:

I watch the content and updates they release on X, including behind the scenes clips and some of their in-person forums.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:52:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#17]

I haven't ever watched the show but from what I hear, it's a lot of over fluffed stuff based on things that are actually unusual and interesting, but over blown every time something different happens.  Everybody hamming it up for the cameras instead of  actually studying as they state they are doing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I haven't ever watched the show but from what I hear, it's a lot of over fluffed stuff based on things that are actually unusual and interesting, but over blown every time something different happens.  Everybody hamming it up for the cameras instead of  actually studying as they state they are doing.

The first season was like that, the second season was better, by season 3 the only one still doing any hamming was Travis because he's one of the History channel's go-to alien guys.  They listened to feedback and started taking it more seriously.

They have released raw data a few times for public consumption and they've also acknowledged when the fans analyze clips and figure out that a "UAP" is mundane.  They've been good about responding to audience feedback.

Erik is a legitimate scientist and he does a lot of analysis off-screen so when they present a "we don't know what it is" video on the show, they've already ruled out the obvious candidates.
Link Posted: Today 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone see the latest episode? It sounds like they're slowly coming to terms with the fact that they're going to have to do a proper dig. The GPS stuff is very strange, but we've known about it for a long time. Can't say I'm a fan of the Oak Island style mini episodes with Matty where we rehash everything over and over again.
Link Posted: Today 6:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackHoleSon] [#19]
Anyone see the latest episode? It sounds like they're slowly coming to terms with the fact that they're going to have to do a proper dig. The GPS stuff is very strange, but we've known about it for a long time. Can't say I'm a fan of the Oak Island style mini episodes with Matty where we rehash everything over and over again.
View Quote

As I was watching it I had an idea. Let's just say for the sake of argument that it is a predictive NHI and it is trying to communicate. I wonder if the crazy gps data isn't some haywire interference but more of a "I'm trying to talk to you in small words as slow as I can, let's see if you can understand this pattern or map"
Link Posted: Today 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]

As I was watching it I had an idea. Let's just say for the sake of argument that it is a predictive NHI and it is trying to communicate. I wonder if the crazy gps data isn't some haywire interference but more of a "I'm trying to talk to you in small words as slow as I can, let's see if you can understand this pattern or map"
View Quote

I did think it was interesting that the GPS data kept pointing to the area near the triangle where the magnetic anomaly and the tunnels were found. It's almost like the ranch is say "dig here idiots"
Link Posted: Today 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Can't say I'm a fan of the Oak Island style mini episodes with Matty where we rehash everything over and over again.
View Quote

Exactly why I quit watching that show years ago, and never started any others like it, including Skinwalker Ranch. Perfectly content to wait for the penultimate episode where they actually find something, disappear mysteriously, or give up and stop airing the shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top