Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2024 8:51:38 AM EDT
Disrupts the flow of traffic and creates potential danger on the interstate when they merge at 40mph into 70mph traffic. Then they feather that accelerator for the next mile or so, obstructing traffic behind them, and forcing everyone to change lanes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:01:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 549] [#1]
Behind one the other day. Had to sit behind them briefly hoping I wouldn't get ass ended while waiting for a big enough gap that I could safely change lanes without getting run over doing so in the process.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#2]
meahwhile -- they think theyre super good drivers  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Mostly oblivious women from what I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
They're also the ones that slow down a mile or 3 before they reach their exit ramp. Usually to speed limit minus 20mph.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]
If we want to use the word "worst", I would say there are a lot in Milwaukee. No licenses and most wanted men fleeing police and killing innocents. Here's a guy who was most wanted last year and later killed a grandmother and granddaughter when he ran a red light. Piece of shit had the nerve to continue to try to run after the wreck.

Milwaukee fatal crash, Most Wanted man arrested after wreck: records | FOX6 News Milwaukee

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I don’t know, left lane campers are right up there too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Amen, OP. Get your speed up to merge!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah I hate that.
Get going and up to speed.
Don't pussyfoot around.

On ramps aint the place to worry about gas mileage.

I used to have a slow ass truck and some ramps I needed full throttle to get going and someone with lots of power in front of me would wait till the last second to punch it and Id be fukd.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's another worst driver. Guy ran over and dragged someone to death in 2018. He served 10 months in prison. This year he did another hit and run and killed a 4yo. Great driver.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 549:
Behind one the other day. Had to sit behind them briefly hoping I wouldn't get ass ended while waiting for a big enough gap that I could safely change lanes without getting run over doing so in the process.
View Quote

Me too

I love how they will do like 45 on the on ramp and wait till they are on highway ramp to step on the gas and run out of merge lane
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I always floor it and see how fast I can get going on the on ramps.  Merge on to the highway like a god damn rocket ship taking off.  

Get out of my way because I'm not going to tap the brakes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Disrupts the flow of traffic and creates potential danger on the interstate when they merge at 40mph into 70mph traffic. Then they feather that accelerator for the next mile or so, obstructing traffic behind them, and forcing everyone to change lanes.
View Quote
nope, gotta hit the ramp like leaving pit road.
If I am already on the interstate I automatically get over coming up to a ramp, anticipate the merge.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:31:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UV830] [#15]
Come drive around this God forsaken burg for a while.

You'll be wanting to slit your wrists after 45 minutes.

Cleetus in his bro-dozer, Jolene in her Equinox, Shaniqua in her Sentra, Bo in his Mustang, or Benton in his Mercedes,  doesn't matter.

As  group, the worst, most timid, slack jawed drivers I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:
Amen, OP. Get your speed up to merge!
View Quote

Originally Posted By networkguru:
yeah I hate that.
Get going and up to speed.
Don't pussyfoot around.

On ramps aint the place to worry about gas mileage.

I used to have a slow ass truck and some ramps I needed full throttle to get going and someone with lots of power in front of me would wait till the last second to punch it and Id be fukd.

View Quote

Originally Posted By GraboidHunter:
I always floor it and see how fast I can get going on the on ramps.  Merge on to the highway like a god damn rocket ship taking off.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#17]
yes they are, ones that even brake too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Ever notice how this, and other stupid violations of the road, are Toyota drivers more so than any other...?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#19]
There's a short on ramp interstate 90 here that was poorly designed. Visibility is restricted until almost to the traffic lanes. I avoid it like the plague.

There are at least 3-4 rear end collisions a month on it. A slow merger hits the brakes instead of blending in and gets hammered by someone merging correctly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#20]
They do the slow merge all the time in FL. The on ramp is to GET UP TO SPEED so you don’t fuck up the traffic already at highway speeds.

Rolling chicanes as a former F1 driver referred to a competitor.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By j-dubya1:
Ever notice how this, and other stupid violations of the road, are Toyota drivers more so than any other...?
View Quote

Jeremy Clarkson on Bad Drivers
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
That's why you cruise in the center lane so you can avoid merging traffic.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By j-dubya1:
View Quote

Must be in you area.... Dodge and Nissian are the worst here!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAdams:
View Quote

Around here it's a mexican with a lawn care truck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ah, so you fuck up traffic in your own personal way too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Not the worst, but they sure suck.

I merge like I'm leaving pit row at the track.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I think we have the worst here in PA. Way too many drive to the end of the on ramp and stop

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:14:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HotHolster] [#28]
With a lot of auto insurers coming up with "money saving" programs such as Snapshot, with Progressive, I'm beginning to understand the asswipes driving on the roads. To get a deal on Snapshot, you are monitored for 30 days, your acceleration, braking, holding a phone in hand, among other things. Someone at a green light starts off very slow, you can bet they are on a program, someone leaving two car lengths in front of them at  a red light, you can bet they are stupid or on a program, someone merging onto a freeway and not speeding up to properly merge at speed from an on ramp, you can bet they are on a program.

Insurance companies, by offering these savings programs, are creating a whole new class of idiots on the road and creating dangerous situations. In a low populated area, maybe okay, but in cities, hell no.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Then you have those assholes in the left lane decide at the last minute to take that exit cutting across 3 lanes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Welcome to Fl. Old timers merging 10-15 MPH under then they figure out what pedal does what and blow by you a couple miles down the road.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:04:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#31]
Originally Posted By klinc:

View All Quotes

The Right lane is for merging/exiting.
The center lane is for hitting cruise control +5 above the speed limit
The Left is for passing while speeding your way to a reckless driving ticket.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I once passed a slow merger on the right with two tires in the dirt because they were moving so damn slow, and the traffic ahead wasn't.

Two wrongs made a right that day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I dislike turn swingers more. They pull all the way to the right to turn left, and all the way to the left to turn right. Fuck anyone that might want to get past them while they're turning off.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Almost got run over by a semi the other day because of one.
There was a car getting ready to pass me on the left and
had to slam on the brakes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:06:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SamBoga] [#35]
Originally Posted By mayday:
meahwhile -- they think theyre super good drivers  
View Quote
THIS

Slow mergers, turners, drivers all suck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't think they teach about the burden being on the one merging in driver ed anymore. Sometimes it's funny when someone doesn't bother moving over to let them in and they get so pissed off that once they do merge they jump left and rocket off at 90 mph.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:22:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#37]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
I don't think they teach about the burden being on the one merging in driver ed anymore. Sometimes it's funny when someone doesn't bother moving over to let them in and they get so pissed off that once they do merge they jump left and rocket off at 90 mph.
View Quote
Yup.
My other favorite jackass driver maneuver,  is where you are merging on the ramp at full  speed, and the the fuck stick two car lengths back in the right lane accelerates hard to try and block you from merging in front of them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GSD556:
I don’t know, left lane campers are right up there too.
View Quote

I strongly suspect a significant number of slow mergers are also the left lane campers.

The only slow mergers that get a pass are the loaded down 18 wheelers whose drivers are obviously doing the best they can to get up to speed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Agree, and second are the ones who stop at a yield sign.👹
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#40]
And they also ride out the merge lane as long as humanly possible.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Mostly folks that look like they are 800 years old. Usually with vet plates, I figure revolutionary war, maybe French and Indian War vets.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Cruising in the center lane IS the proper way to drive.  Right lane for cars exiting and entering or exceptionally slow vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

FIFY - you were being redundant.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Triggerbks1:
Agree, and second are the ones who stop at a yield sign.👹
View Quote

Oh fuck yes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BombCrater:

Cruising in the center lane IS the proper way to drive.  Right lane for cars exiting and entering or exceptionally slow vehicles.
View All Quotes

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:

Thank you
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:

Thank you

Congratulations, both of you are reinforcing to mergers that not only can they expect existing freeway traffic to stay out of their way, you've taught them that they're entitled to the right lane of the freeway. Since you are perpetuating shitty merging behavior, maybe you oughta complain about yourselves too.

I'll expect your 'it isn't my fault' self-righteous posts shortly.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Pick one:

Zero situational awareness.
Mental deficiency.
Entitlement.
Plain stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Here's another worst driver. Guy ran over and dragged someone to death in 2018. He served 10 months in prison. This year he did another hit and run and killed a 4yo. Great driver.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346870/hit_and_run_1_jpg-3211442.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346870/hit_and_run_2_jpg-3211443.JPG
View Quote

He needs to never leave jail.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I agree.

I dislike when they slowly change lanes so that they're taking up both lanes.  

The only thing I hate maybe as much is when people don't use a turn signal and I can't tell whether they're turning off or just slowing down.  We get that a lot out here in my rural area where apparently people think the courtesy of a turn signal isn't necessary.

I also just wish folks would just do the damn speed limit. We have two lanes on most highways here and the passing lane is usually folks just traveling down it continuously at 20 mph over the speed limit where the left lane of traffic are folks driving 10 mph under the speed limit. I feel like I'm constantly either having to hit warp speed or slow to a crawl.  It's pretty much impossible to just put on the cruise control around here, because you'll definitely end up behind some old lady driving 10 mph under at some point.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GraboidHunter:

View Quote

So brave.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top