Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2023 1:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nowgrn4]
Getting an Outlaw 5000X Amp to drive my LaScalas mains and Klipsch rear surrounds. Need a receiver or control amp with 5.1 pre outs, sub pre out, two optical inputs,12V trigger to switch on Outlaw, and at least one digital co-ax input with the +/- db ability to manually balance speakers.

The mid range Denon, Onkio and Yamaha receivers I've had before all diminished the dynamic of the LaScalas when I ran a center channel so I always deleted it. Will having a more powerful separate Amp alleviate this issue? Will the dialog portion of 5.1 movies improve with the addition of a center channel/speaker? My ancient hearing suks.

Budget $750. Any Ideas?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Snagged a Marantz 5015 closeout/discontinued from Crutchfield. Retail $1,999, regular $1,499, closeout $999.

Should do the trick.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean by diminished dynamic? When you say it's an issue only with a center channel added, I'm inclined to believe it's an audio processing settings issue. Most multichannel up processing will send 70%+ of the signal through the center channel, and essentially turn your front stereo into background/effects.

Center channels are good when you have listeners outside of the sweet spot. But could be a downgrade from stereo in the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigx5murf:
What do you mean by diminished dynamic? When you say it's an issue only with a center channel added, I'm inclined to believe it's an audio processing settings issue. Most multichannel up processing will send 70%+ of the signal through the center channel, and essentially turn your front stereo into background/effects.

Center channels are good when you have listeners outside of the sweet spot. But could be a downgrade from stereo in the sweet spot.
View Quote

Problem solved with new receiver. Running center now with TV and DVD. Pure direct for music CD's. Total and easy on screen adjustability with the new Marantz. 284 Page manual was a bit of a challenge to fine tune but I have a handle on it now. Very happy so far with purchase. Working on Outlaw Amp and new Crites crossovers next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top