Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2023 5:01:50 PM EDT
Thank you for looking and thank you for serving.

My question is simple. What is your opinion of the hydration systems pictured below? Do they stand up to hard use? Is the stitching solid or will it come apart? Do the bladders leak? Will the nozzle last? Etc.

I can get three used shells and three new bladders for about the price of a similar camelback.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Those things are garbage. Buy one Source bladder for like $30. They have a warranty.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It's decent if you don't beat it up too bad.  In basic, at least 1/3 of dudes had to get a replacement bladder, hose, and nozzle.  We wore them and used them 24/7 unless we were sleeping.  No exceptions, so they got serious use put on them.  

The bladder in mine did hold up good though, no issues with leaks or algae/mold or anything like that.  I was shocked to see after 10 weeks that it looked the same as when I installed it.  Just the nozzle started to come apart due to hard use from drinking so much damn water during this ridiculously hot awful summer.  

All in all, I'd say the camelback ones are better but this one would do fine for most applications.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#3]
Carrier works great.

The bladder will eventually leak. I replaced mine with a camelback bladder on one of them it works better.

The other one I hang in my Bradley turret and it’s lasted a long time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy thread revival Batman! Thanks for the updates guys!
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Romano316:
Holy thread revival Batman! Thanks for the updates guys!
View Quote

Didn’t even realize it was that old. It popped up on active topics.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:

Didn’t even realize it was that old. It popped up on active topics.
View Quote

The insight is useful, thanks for posting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top