Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2023 7:54:57 PM EDT
Hey guys -
Novice here, I'll try to ask the question as well as I can.

I have a Sony tv and a DTR - DH790 receiver, surround speakers and a Definative main center speaker.

Works well, but occasionally noted that some background  music isn't playing during movies , TV shows.  Usually isn't an issue , but during football games the singer / band audio for halftime shows has NO audio.  Other channels during game work great.

I've tried most of the settings - pure direct ,front surround, movie, music but still not able to hear halftime Super Bowl show.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Can’t hear the Halftime show?  That’s a feature, not a bug.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ha - I agree, I'm skipping the game entirely this year.  Family wants to watch it.  

Plus want to be sure I get full effect of sound for movies too.  Son told me some tracks are missing during viewing of
"All Quiet on Western Front"
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hilts:
Hey guys -
Novice here, I'll try to ask the question as well as I can.

I have a Sony tv and a DTR - DH790 receiver, surround speakers and a Definative main center speaker.

Works well, but occasionally noted that some background  music isn't playing during movies , TV shows.  Usually isn't an issue , but during football games the singer / band audio for halftime shows has NO audio.  Other channels during game work great.

I've tried most of the settings - pure direct ,front surround, movie, music but still not able to hear halftime Super Bowl show.

Any suggestions?
View Quote

What audio processing mode are you set to on the receiver, how is the audio signal connected from the source?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top