Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2023 8:37:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FBATFE]
Just picked this up for $60.
Judging from google images I’m guessing early 90s all original.

The plan is to convert it to drop bars with microshift road shifters and clean/polish all the old 3x7 components.

Yes it is hot pink lettering, I am color blind and thought it was just sun faded red until my wife saw it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome!

Looking forward to updated pics.

Looks like it's in great shape overall.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a '93-'94.  I had the same year M2 FS.  A higher end model with welded AL frame, front suspension and XT components.

Same color as yours.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FBATFE:
Judging from google images I'm guessing early 90s all original.

The plan is to convert it to drop bars with microshift road shifters and clean/polish all the old 3x7 components.

Yes it is hot pink lettering, I am color blind and thought it was just sun faded red until my wife saw it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/389528/IMG_4696_jpeg-2923592.JPG
View Quote
Pink, Lavender, Soft Pastels and Neon colors were the hype on bikes in those days...

I had a light blue GT Pro Freestyle Tour with Lavender GT mags, grips and accessories, then I changed the mags and all the accessories to White.  Also had a SE Quadangle with Landing Gear Forks that was mostly Neon, and Purple with Blue accessories Hutch TrickStar.  My Haro was Chome, Bright Green and white.

I think some of those colors burnt out a lot of the receptors in my eyes and thats why now I'm slightly color blind to the colors that are real close, like Silver, grey, slate, really light blue, etc...  I can see and recognize all my Primaries (like Roy G BIV), LOL...

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So 90s!
That'll make a cool drop bar cruiser. Perfect thing to do with it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FBATFE:
Judging from google images I'm guessing early 90s all original.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/389528/IMG_4696_jpeg-2923592.JPG
View Quote
Not sure how I missed this thread but I spent years looking for one of those in the 22" size.  Out of all the old 90s mtb's, the RH is one of the most sought after.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Huge fail on updating this… I will grab a picture tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 6:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FBATFE] [#8]
Finally got some pictures. This was built to take a on trips and primarily pull the kids trailer we got some decent use out of it this year and hope use it more next year.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice, seems like a fun project. It’s also cool to see how far that model has come, I bought my wife a rockhopper in September… very different looking bike!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:30:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: way-out-west2] [#10]
just to bump this for giggles and post count

I FUCKIN love this

GREAT job .... I think it looks great
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool mang. Looks totally at home as a road/utility rig.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#12]
My first thought is "Drop bars on a MTB? What?"

But it turned out pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Still have my 96 Rockhopper. Put a new rear sprocket, chain and tires on a couple years ago. Its my 2nd Rockhopper. 1st one was around 87. Hell I still have my Miyata road racing bike complete with black frame, neon pink forks and handlebar grip. That and my zebra striped jersey stuck out in a group at races.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#14]
"Gravel Bikes" are just dropbar, disc braked 1990 Mountain bikes, fight me

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top