Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Seiran:

Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
Ended up buying this game, though I do enjoy pvp, I enjoy pve more. Any good end game content like raiding and stuff?

Eternity Vault for sure. They were supposed to patch a new version of the game in last night, but as of 0300 it still hadn't happened. Not sure as of now though.

Very nice. Anyone know a populated server or how to check on server pop? I don't want to get stuck on an empire team that's outnumbered 5 to 1. Also decent players that will end up doing end game content, wouldn't mind a pvp server as I do like world pvp as I'm leveling.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Ended up buying this game, though I do enjoy pvp, I enjoy pve more. Any good end game content like raiding and stuff?

Eternity Vault for sure. They were supposed to patch a new version of the game in last night, but as of 0300 it still hadn't happened. Not sure as of now though.

No patch last night, or at least nothing that required a client patch. Could have been all server side stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the game and created a bounty hunter on Krayat Dragon (spelling).  I saw the link for the clan on that server, but I tried to follow it and it would not allow me to access it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Have my healer sage up to level 45 now and having a blast!

I absolutely hate all of his companions except for Nadia Grell, the last one you get.  She is the craziest most DPSing companion I've seen
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By civprod:
I just bought the game and created a bounty hunter on Krayat Dragon (spelling).  I saw the link for the clan on that server, but I tried to follow it and it would not allow me to access it.

Dead for me too.  Hit me up in game.  Sinistrad

I'm thoroughly enjoying pvp at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By SniperKage:

No patch last night, or at least nothing that required a client patch. Could have been all server side stuff.

According to the launcher, the patch for 1.02d is now scheduled for tonight.

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've managed to hit 50 and get most of my Champion's set. I'm up to valor rank 53 also. Got a long way to go to 60... It gets exponentially harder to rank up valor once you get past 50.

Loads of fun though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Krylancelo:
I've managed to hit 50 and get most of my Champion's set. I'm up to valor rank 53 also. Got a long way to go to 60... It gets exponentially harder to rank up valor once you get past 50.

Loads of fun though.

What does higher valor do, anyway?

Know of anywhere to track pvp stats?
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By sierrabravofour:

Loads of fun though.

No PVP metrics yet, higher valor will allow you to use special PVP items

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Space combat is great for XP
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Loads of fun though.

I was looking at those the other night, and I am thinking the Champion Stalker set is what I want for my Sin. Looks pretty awesome too.

Link Posted: 1/12/2012 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Loads of fun though.

I was looking at those the other night, and I am thinking the Champion Stalker set is what I want for my Sin. Looks pretty awesome too.

Assassins fucking rule

Link Posted: 1/12/2012 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Loads of fun though.

Assassins fucking rule

We do I'm deception spec but was able to force
Cloak out of combat to switch charges and start tanking adds to keep them off the healers

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Loads of fun though.

Assassins fucking rule

I'm still learning my class I do a decent job atm though. Probably because I've played a Shade in AO and a Sin in Aion, I've got experience in the area.

Link Posted: 1/12/2012 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Loads of fun though.

Assassins fucking rule

We do I'm deception spec but was able to force

Cloak out of combat to switch charges and start tanking adds to keep them off the healers

I do a remarkable amount of tanking, which is odd because I don't really use my taunt or anything. It's just dps based lol

Link Posted: 1/14/2012 2:27:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#16]

Originally Posted By metalsaber:

At lvl 49 on my Juggernaut.  If you are lvling alone, I might suggest you keep Capt Imperial as your sidekick and designate him as a healer.  Keep his gear and stats up and you can do pretty well.  If you are just lvling, I might suggest just going the Immortal tree.  Then when you go to really pvp, switch over to the vengeance tree.  

I just got Jaesa, holy crap she is a BEAST! Says some freaky things too.

Quinn's heals are nice, but fights are so much quicker with her.

Link Posted: 1/17/2012 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
doing the Nar Shadaa bonus quests now with my lvl 26 guardian. Meh, I just don't feel connected to them. ALSO unlocked my legacy, and didn't know that I'd be able to get a Surname, so i used my standard star wars character name, first and last, as my characters name, without a space between them. (Shami Pemas, condensed to Shamipemas). so I think i'll end up creating another character on the same server just named Shami, so that the Pemas legacy name shows up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By civprod:

BioWare disabled the guild pages they were hosting. Contact me (Whiskeybent) in game if you want a ginvite.

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By M-1975:

At lvl 49 on my Juggernaut.  If you are lvling alone, I might suggest you keep Capt Imperial as your sidekick and designate him as a healer.  Keep his gear and stats up and you can do pretty well.  If you are just lvling, I might suggest just going the Immortal tree.  Then when you go to really pvp, switch over to the vengeance tree.  

Holy crap, I hope you didn't have Jaesa go dark side!!!!!?!?!?!?   If so, do not romance her.  She is a freaking nut case.  She sent me an email in that she felt I might be cheating on her, so she placed a tracking bug on my cloak.  She was relieved I wasn't cheating on her, and she sent me a companion gift to make up for it.  You've been warned.  

Romance Vette.  I wish I did.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:11:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#20]

Originally Posted By M-1975:

At lvl 49 on my Juggernaut. If you are lvling alone, I might suggest you keep Capt Imperial as your sidekick and designate him as a healer. Keep his gear and stats up and you can do pretty well. If you are just lvling, I might suggest just going the Immortal tree. Then when you go to really pvp, switch over to the vengeance tree.

Holy crap, I hope you didn't have Jaesa go dark side!!!!!?!?!?!? If so, do not romance her. She is a freaking nut case. She sent me an email in that she felt I might be cheating on her, so she placed a tracking bug on my cloak. She was relieved I wasn't cheating on her, and she sent me a companion gift to make up for it. You've been warned.

Romance Vette. I wish I did.

Put it this way, I'm prepped for the eventual release of girl-on-girl action.

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:23:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#22]
If it helps the empire then yay.

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:50:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#23]
Damn its gotten insane over there. The rage quitting going on is epic

They responded to all the bitching in the first thread

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the
issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within
the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers,
either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control
points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters,
preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture
control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and
can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to
address this.
Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are
instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in
Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points
within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended.
We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server
load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue.
We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning
(January 19th, 5 AM US CST).
In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on
Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to
render fewer characters on-screen at once.
Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base
reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and
this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the
player’s faction owns.  The gains are rate limited per player killed,
encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas.
The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on
the activity level in the zone.  This is expected.
To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no
Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from
killing NPCs.
We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a
temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would
normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players
will still be able to taxi out of the area.
We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make
further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here
on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and
specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential
issues.

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#24]
People are pissed on those forums.  Does not really affect me as I still have not tried out PVP.

Still lvl 39 with my sorc.  :(
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 12:03:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#25]
That sucks, and I wanted to try out PvP. I don't think it's worth rage-quitting though.

Creating characters on Krayt because Kaiburr is too sparsely populated when I can get on. So far I have a Dark Jedi Guardian and soon I'll make a Light Sith Sorc.

I'd like them to give you more leeway on alignment, it sucks that the first truly evil character you get as a Sith warrior is the 4th one.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#26]
There is no greater concentration of the scum of the earth than on MMO forums.
The bitching that happens over there is astounding.  A bunch of whiny, entitled, and probably unemployed by choice twats.
The game is new, there's more good than bad, so I'm happy
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Ilum was a lag fast yesterday with all the people in the open world pvp area.  Hopefully they get this stuff resolved.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#28]
What's killing me is general chat.

I've never been inclined to leave general chat before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Troubl3shooter:

What faction are you?  On all my empire characters, I have to leave general as soon as I log in.

On republic side, I'm usually fine.  I think all the kiddies went empire...

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By nsw8148:

What faction are you?  On all my empire characters, I have to leave general as soon as I log in.

I'm Empire as well.

It's like taking GD and subtracting 50 IQ and making everybody 12.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Sadly this.

In wow all the kiddies wennt alliance but the fact the media have lame ass spells like pebble storm drew them

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#32]

The bitching that happens over there is astounding.  A bunch of whiny, entitled, and probably unemployed by choice twats.

When they were patching every day at midnight those what? two weeks back? There was a pure entitlement generation kid crying and whining about how he's entitled to play the game because he paid for it and for his subscription, and that it was bullshit that the Dev's were taking down the servers every night at midnight to patch the game and fix issues.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:22:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#33]

When they were patching every day at midnight those what? two weeks back? There was a pure entitlement generation kid crying and whining about how he's entitled to play the game because he paid for it and for his subscription, and that it was bullshit that the Dev's were taking down the servers every night at midnight to patch the game and fix issues.

I saw the same bitching in the WOW forums when that game first released. I'm surprised any company would want to make an MMO anymore. Its extremely expensive and if it does have some bugs the epic bitching and bashing that goes on does nothing but hurt the companys reputation that made it.

Bioware has had a great reputation for quality games but now that they have an MMO with a few bugs the haters will come out in droves to bash them into oblivion.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#34]
made it to Balmorra with my Guardian at level 37 and i got to fuck Kira. good night if i do say so.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#35]
Well, I'm fairly upset right now.

Back on the 7th, some glitch put a character I had in Chapter 3 back in to Chapter 2. Unfortunately, I can not complete the Chapter 2 quest - the short version is that I can't talk to a necessary character because of subsequent story events.

I filed a ticket and didn't hear back until the 14th where I was asked to make a new ticket with additional information...information that I included in my intitial help request.
Fine. I played their game and filed a new report with improved formatting to make the situation clear.

I just heard back today that there's nothing they can do to help me, but my information was forwarded to "the appropriate departments" and to watch the patch notes and maybe there'll be a fix some day.

Awesome.

Made me think of this (my issue is in the crate):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#36]
just learned that the JK voice is none other than the god of gaming voice acting.... david hayter.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By shiky:
just learned that the JK voice is none other than the god of gaming voice acting.... david hayter.

The voice actor for Andronikos Revel is the voice actor for Spike Spiegel as well. Freaking awesome!

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#38]
We'll, I finally decided to join the fray and purchase the game over the weekend.

I've only made it to lvl ~6 on the 4 toons I'm trying out, but I like what I see so far.  A lot of the same grind quests as any other MMO, but that's to be expected.  I really like the unique and immersive storylines for each class.  The Bounty Hunter storyline, in particular, has been pretty fun.

I'll need to explore more with group play, advanced classes, and PvP before I make a decision, but this game may be a keeper.  Hope to see some of you guys online!

Canderous Ordo

Terp - Jedi Consular

Holysmokes - Smuggler

Krayt Dragon

Terp - Sith Inquisitor

Holysmokes - Bounty Hunter
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#39]
to make PVP worthwhile you need to at least be in the mid 20's at the weakest, and thats with a decent class, like BH or Gunslinger
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 3:02:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#40]
Originally Posted By shiky:
to make PVP worthwhile you need to at least be in the mid 20's at the weakest, and thats with a decent class, like BH or Gunslinger

A Powertech/Vanguard or Sorcerer/Sage can be competitve at 16, though 18 is better because then they get their interrupt/counter spell ability.  Sniper/Gunslinger starts getting good at 20 with entrench/hunker down, though as a marksman/sharpshooter spec, the class has energy issues in drawn out fights until 30 when they can get followthrough/trickshot with skill points.

I didn't start having fun in PvP with my Guardian until 36.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Krayt tomi jari iceis.......got a gift last night...
someone asked if i knew where the datacrons on Hutta  were...I said sure i will show you...link up as a party-trade window pops up and he gives me 3 stacks of artifacts....says just for being helpful and he is leaving server... THAnks dude and poof hes gone. I look at my inventory window and he had slid me 600000 credits!!!!!    I can buy that droid now

hound out
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By hound:
someone asked if i knew where the datacrons on Hutta  were...I said sure i will show you...link up as a party-trade window pops up and he gives me 3 stacks of artifacts....says just for being helpful and he is leaving server... THAnks dude and poof hes gone. I look at my inventory window and he had slid me 600000 credits!!!!!    I can buy that droid now

hound out

Dang.  That was really cool of them.  Having synthweaving as crew  skill really hurts me financially.   I have not had over 60K since I started my main char.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By hound:

someone asked if i knew where the datacrons on Hutta were...I said sure i will show you...link up as a party-trade window pops up and he gives me 3 stacks of artifacts....says just for being helpful and he is leaving server... THAnks dude and poof hes gone. I look at my inventory window and he had slid me 600000 credits!!!!! I can buy that droid now

hound out

awesome, I had someone give me 30,000 creds and i didnt help him , he helped me beat someone. Just sent me a email and said he knew what it was like just starting out and gave me the creds to help me buy any equipment i needed. I decided to pay it forward as soon as i can and help others complete quest they are having trouble with.

There are some good ppl on the game
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shiky] [#44]
Well balmorra was quick. Doing the bonus series now. Gonna try to get a group to do the heroics tonight then take on the bonus sith. With doc, my survivability is ridiculous. Need to do more damage though. At 40, with mostly all of my points in defense (save for 9 in vig), I don't feel that I do enough damage obviously.

Also dropped all my crew skills and picked up the biochem set (analysis and diplo). Need to get back to the fleet to learn more skills and schems.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyones starting out.. Start  a character on Jung Ma on the Imperial side. Contact odnee.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#46]
So I got it to install, played for about a week then I had to leave as my wife was in the hospital and I was in the hospital to get a tumor pulled out of my neck, and when I got back the game was unplayable - total crash of FPS. Use to play smoothly, now I can't play for more than 10 minutes before the FPS falls to nothing, the sound gets all wonky and if I talk to any NPC the game freezes my character in place when the conversation is over and I can move the camera around him and it makes footstep sounds but my toon is actually just stuck where he was in the conversation. Then my lat hits 16000 and I get an error 9000.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#47]
hit up the SWTOR forums, and post your DX Diag in the thread under customer service. its an ongoing issue.
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Got my pink lightsaber crystal this morning.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#49]

I need to get off my butt and start collecting the pieces to make more of the color crystals. I didn't pick treasure hunting, so I have to buy them or find them

Link Posted: 1/25/2012 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#50]

The SWTOR version of Paki-made tape?

Page / 12
Top Top