Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 9:27:33 PM EDT
Was replaying RDR1 again and thinking about what I was gonna play after that. Nothing new really excites me. Tried Dark souls and never really got the hang of it. Realized I had skipped a couple classics along the way.

Paid less than $50 on eBay for DS 1 and 2 and FO 3. I was planning on beating DS1 then moving on to FO but I accidentally ordered DS2 instead of 1 so I'll get through both of those first.

Never played any FO games, I have played a DS in the past but I can't remember if it was 1 or 2. I do remember I thought it was really difficult and creepy. I'm a better gamer and horror movie watcher now though so we will see where that takes me.

What am I in for?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Elden Ring is probably the most accessible souls game for someone that hasn't played them.

Fallout 3 is a classic but it's a bit dated. Most would say Fallout New Vegas is the better game.

If you haven't played the Mass Effect Trilogy it's a must play.

Same if you haven't played Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
Elden Ring is probably the most accessible souls game for someone that hasn't played them.

Fallout 3 is a classic but it's a bit dated. Most would say Fallout New Vegas is the better game.

View Quote

All good advice.. Fallout 4 is good, and the Far Cry games were decent too
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:19:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: absael] [#3]
I agree with everything said so far, and I also recommend the Crysis trilogy, and if you don't mind playing a female protagonist, the two most recent Tomb Raiders.

Also, be sure to get all of the DLCs for the Fallout games.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skootr] [#4]
Cyberpunk 2077 and DLC.   Wait for a good deal, but well worth full play through.

For the fallout games,  if on PC.  Make sure you get all the good mods to improve quality of life/play.    They "fix" the games in many ways that Bethesda never does.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Ever play Fallout 1 or 2?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
As much as I love the fallout series....id play vegas b4 vanilla fallout 3.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Ever play Fallout 1 or 2?
View Quote

Imo 2 is good.  1...it's just painful.  Replayed it once like 20 years ago....im still good.  Lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By azmp5:

Imo 2 is good.  1...it's just painful.  Replayed it once like 20 years ago....im still good.  Lol
View Quote
Yea 2 is probably better. 1 was pretty scary, though it lacked the variety and end game fun of 2. It was a very good tight story.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Fallout 3 is pretty linear. New Vegas is way more open and fun. Also really good dlc.  3 has kind of a film noir vibe. Lots of green tones.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BDA:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BDA:

Just replayed Far Cry 3. One of my all time favorites.
Before that replayed Fallout NV for like the 5th time

Nothing new really tickles me fancy
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tommyrich:

Just replayed Far Cry 3. One of my all time favorites.
Before that replayed Fallout NV for like the 5th time

Nothing new really tickles me fancy
View Quote

Right? I got a PS5 for Christmas, mostly for my kids but new games are just meh. I finally started playing GTA online for the first time. The vehicles are a lot of fun. I’ve been grinding selling weapons and narcotics.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're looking for something new(ish) and you like open worlds with cars and guns, Cyberpunk 2077 is good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're looking for something new(ish) and you like open worlds with cars and guns, Cyberpunk 2077 is good.
View Quote
Agree... I found parts of the storyline to be tedious, but it's definitely a fun game that you can sink a lot of time into.

If you want to play at high res and details, you need a moderately capable rig, even with upscaling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top