Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2024 7:54:08 PM EDT
Got some good-sized shrooms at Costco today.  What are some good stuffing recipes?  Any way to do these in an air fryer?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Get Costco frozen crab cakes.  Thaw them.  Pack them into mushroom caps.  Bake until done.  Tio with lemon butter or Hollandaise.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Best I ever ate was mushrooms stuffed with prime rib, caramelized onions and provolone cheese that had been put under a broiler.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Pull the stems, chop them up, saute in butter with chopped shallot and minced clove of garlic. Deglaze pan with splash of sherry. Mix in panko bread crumbs and chopped parsley, season to taste. Stuff caps, then top with 50/50 mix of parmesan and panko. Bake ~25-30min @ 375.

Muffin pans work great for baking stuffed mushrooms.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MainePure:
Pull the stems, chop them up, saute in butter with chopped shallot and minced clove of garlic. Deglaze pan with splash of sherry. Mix in panko bread crumbs and chopped parsley, season to taste. Stuff caps, then top with 50/50 mix of parmesan and panko. Bake ~25-30min @ 375.

Muffin pans work great for baking stuffed mushrooms.
View Quote
I have got to try that, sounds incredible.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Saute red and green peppers and onion.

Mince up some salami and black olives

Mix all with parm and italian bread crumbs

Stem shrooms for a few minutes

Stuff and bake

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By LibertyShip:
Get Costco frozen crab cakes.  Thaw them.  Pack them into mushroom caps.  Bake until done.  Tio with lemon butter or Hollandaise.

View Quote

That actually sounds like a great idea for parties.

I love cooking for my family,  but when there are going to be a lot of people or a gathering, cooking for that stresses me. I want to make nice things and not just put out stuff from the freezer section, but I don't want to kill myself working in the kitchen all day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I found this online, but everyone loved it, so I added it to my cookbook.

Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme
½ cup Bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400°.
Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and roughly chop stems.
Place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
Add chopped mushrooms stems and cook until most of the moisture is out, 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute
then add breadcrumbs and let toast slightly, 3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.  
In a large bowl mix together mushroom stem mixture, Parmesan, cream cheese, parsley, and thyme.
Season with salt and pepper.  
Fill mushroom caps with filling and sprinkle with more Parmesan.  
Bake until mushrooms are soft and the tops are golden, 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:24:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DesignatedMarksman] [#8]
Man I did smoked stuffed mushrooms for company a couple months ago.  Cut up peppers and onions, sauteed them with hot sausage, stuffed the mushrooms with that stuff, then topped them with grated parmesan and pepper and smoked them.

Holy balls they were unbelievable.  Can't stop eating them.

ETA: I forgot, I mixed cream cheese in with the sausage/pepper/onion mix before I stuffed the mushroom.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

That actually sounds like a great idea for parties.

I love cooking for my family,  but when there are going to be a lot of people or a gathering, cooking for that stresses me. I want to make nice things and not just put out stuff from the freezer section, but I don't want to kill myself working in the kitchen all day.
View Quote

No need to stress homie. A lot of things can be pre-made or prepped the day before and cooked off the day of.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MainePure:

No need to stress homie. A lot of things can be pre-made or prepped the day before and cooked off the day of.
View Quote

Totally agree, cooking should be fun. Relax, have a good time and make good food.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top