Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Suppressor availability (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/15/2024 11:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45]
Fuck me running, seems like almost everything is out of stock. Wanted to buy an Occulus and an R9 this week. What a pain
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Same. Seems the quick turnarounds have completely emptied inventories. Silencershop is looking pretty bare throughout.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, your not my type
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Action45:
Fuck me running, seems like almost everything is out of stock. Wanted to buy an Occulus and an R9 this week. What a pain
View Quote
My local NFA guy said they’re quoting everyone an average of 2 week Form 4 approvals, but they’ve seen them quicker than that. Seems like everyone is taking advantage of it. I know I am, just filed for an OCL Polonium on Friday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup. I want an intergral 10/22 barrel. I might get one made locally.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
Sorry, your not my type
View Quote

I’m everyone’s type
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up two R9s and decided to get a can for my .50

Salad days.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I’ve been looking for an R9 for months.

Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:
View Quote
My local NFA guy said they’re quoting everyone an average of 2 week Form 4 approvals, but they’ve seen them quicker than that. Seems like everyone is taking advantage of it. I know I am, just filed for an OCL Polonium on Friday.
View Quote

My last one(bought at the end of March) was a bit less than 72hrs. Certified another today, hopefully I’ll have it by the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Be patient. Since the wait times dropped, everyone is sold out. My inside information is 3 months until stock catches up to demand.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I find it interesting that 3 months after shotshow the major manufacturers have sold out their inventory for the quarter
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
I picked up two R9s and decided to get a can for my .50

Salad days.
View Quote

What can did you go with for the .50?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought two a few weeks back and one was on backorder.  Now I've got the serial# and proceeding.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Silencer Shop and Capitol Armory are local to me, and I decided that after ten years of no stamps I needed another.  I set email notifications for both outfits because neither had the can I wanted in stock. It took a couple weeks but CA notified me.  

I purchased the can last week.  CA red tape is taking longer than I expected.  I’m done with my legwork, so crossing fingers CA submits to FBATF this week and I get my can within a couple weeks.  

Oh, individual Form 4.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm still waiting on 2 on a trust I submitted the forms for last August.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#14]
There isn't a shortage of muffler pipe and washers, now is there?

I bought a bushwhacker from my favorite local dealer, it had a surprisingly good price (new old stock, i'm guessing, with a pre-inflation price?)  Not even sure what all I'm going to put it on.  I just wanted to experience the thrill of a 2 day to 2 week turnaround.

All of this salad days gun/suppressor business is making me even sadder about the ammo market.  Lead and copper are off their 2022 highs, but given the world situation it's not a surprise that finished ammo is up bigly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By harrymank:

What can did you go with for the .50?
View Quote

AWC titanium.   Not the quietest - but lightest.   4 pounds is "light".  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#16]
If you find something you want don’t wait cause it won’t be there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#17]
This just shows how the former government speedbump factory was working in restraint of trade. Criminal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I resorted to buying a used can, for the first time ever.

Never thought I'd see the day where most everything is sold out, for silencers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I did my part!  

When my MP5 SD can came back in 24 hours, I said to myself, "Self, dang it, you should buy another one!"

Rugged Obsidian was in stock at the time.  Took 2 weeks for the form 3, 2 more weeks dicking around with it sitting on the shelf at my dealer, and another 24 hour approval.

Salad days indeed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah one of my local shops keeps all the pending approval cans in a secured room. Normally there is 30-40 on a shelf waiting for approvals.

I got a peak into it about two weeks ago and there is 400+ cans stacked in there. And that’s even with the crazy fast turn overs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Took 4 days for my form 4 approval,individual not a trust.

Used Capital Armory for the first time their system/support ROCKS.

Previous pistol cans took 14mos when big (zero) was in office.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got a 338 ultra yesterday !
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#23]
was thinking the same thing.  trying to buy a deadair wolfman for my SP5 and its OOS for ever.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ljh824:
was thinking the same thing.  trying to buy a deadair wolfman for my SP5 and its OOS for ever.
View Quote

I lucked in to a Wolfman at my local shop 2 weeks ago, did the Form 4 as soon as I saw it in the case.  48 hours for the approval.  Swapped the direct thread for a 3 lug adapter.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ljh824:
View Quote

do it. i’ve got the same gun and can, shoots like a charm. i love it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BayEagle:
How long are Trusts taking compared to individual?
View Quote

Quicker than usual, but relatively unchanged in my experience. It's still taking mostly weeks/months for trusts while individual is currently days/weeks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:22:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#28]
I got lucky with one in stock at a local shop.

I back ordered another one with SS 3 1/2 weeks ago. I’m hopeful that it will get assigned by the end next month.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
I find it interesting that 3 months after shotshow the major manufacturers have sold out their inventory for the quarter
View Quote

It is like the Obama .22 shortage.  Manufacturers make X amount for Y consumption.  When Consumption goes to Z there is not enough supply.  Given the fickle nature of consumers and the law surrounding anything gun, most companies are hesitant to expand production for fear of getting left holding the bag.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
Sorry, your you're not my type
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#31]
2 day turnaround on my Obsidian 9 last month. Individual
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Did any one else feel kinda slimy when registering on eforms.atf.gov?   I almost felt sick after.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:
Just got a 338 ultra yesterday !
View Quote

Nice. Got mine last month
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By majg1234:

View Quote

So now it’s a week for approval, but 14 months for one to be ‘in stock’.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
Did any one else feel kinda slimy when registering on eforms.atf.gov?   I almost felt sick after.
View Quote
After swallowing the NFA pill 8 years ago it made subsequent purchases and eforms registration not much of a big deal.

At this point the more silencers and SBRs in private hands the better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, be patient.  At some point the market will get saturated and we gun people will have way more suppressors than we have a spare $1000 to tie up on another can.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TarzanT:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TarzanT:
Originally Posted By majg1234:

The market will adapt, suppressors are relatively cheap and easy to make. Existing manufacturers will add capacity and new manufacturers will fill whatever void is left.

I think we’ll also see a shift in what kind of suppressors are offered. The $200 stamp is still a barrier to entry and skews the value proposition for “cheap” cans but that $200 is less and less expensive every day.  Instead of overbuilt, heavy cans rated for 50,000rds of full auto I think we’ll see cheaper constructed, light weight, almost disposable suppressors gaining popularity.

I’m imagining an inconel or stainless blast baffle as the serialized part then a cheap baffle stack in an extruded tube with some slummy looking welds that could be replaced by the manufacture(or not).  When a replacement can be had in a couple days vs many months the cost to replace goes way down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThornBooger] [#38]
I just bought the last Paragon 9 in stock in my area, primarily because it was actually in stock. I was initially looking for something 3D printed with flow-through design but they were all on backorder.

What I'd really like to understand is why are NFA Trust approvals taking so much longer than individual purchasers?!?!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#39]
CA is regularly updated its stock through a thread in the Armory -> Suppressors sub
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ThornBooger:
I just bought the last Paragon 9 in stock in my area, primarily because it was actually in stock. I was initially looking for something 3D printed with flow-through design but they were all on backorder.

What I'd really like to understand is why are NFA Trust approvals taking so much longer than individual purchasers?!?!
View Quote

The trusts are still reviewed manually for compliance. As an individual if the background check comes through clean they push it straight through automatically(the way it should have always been done imo)
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#41]
We’ve sold more suppressors in the  last month these probably the last 4 combined
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
CA is regularly updated its stock through a thread in the Armory -> Suppressors sub
View Quote

@DefenderAO assuming Capitol Armory is good to go? Have a couple items in a cart on their site. These will be my first suppressors, form 4 individual.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#43]
It’s to be expected with the wait times dropping.

Capitol has a thread in the silencer section if you don’t already know. Here
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:08:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#44]

@DefenderAO assuming Capitol Armory is good to go? Have a couple items in a cart on their site. These will be my first suppressors, form 4 individual.
View All Quotes

They’re excellent. The little bit of time added for the to your door process averages about the same as the upfront weight with Silencershop for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:10:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#45]
Originally Posted By ThornBooger:

View Quote

Trust submissions require a human Legal Instrument Examiner to review them. Individuals can be totally automated.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Guy that works for me just bought his first can.  Certified yesterday and already had approval back this morning.

I thought I was going to be buying some after seeing that.  Logged onto SilencerShop and there were some like 9 cans out of of 94 instock for 5.56, nothing of which I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

They’re excellent. The little bit of time added for the to your door process averages about the same as the upfront weight with Silencershop for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Yep, top notch
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#48]
does anyone have any experience Silencer Central? I thought I was doing a form 4 because everyone said that was the quick turn around. Theirs said form 4 but also asked for someone elses name for a trust. I put my wifes name. It didnt ask any other info about my wife. So I'm not exactly sure what it is. This is my first time with a stamp, its been a month (I know isnt long compared to old wait times). I just thought it would be faster. Anyways they said that was the only way they did theirs. Just wondering if I should try another place while I wait or is it some hang up because its my first? possibly something showing up on my record?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
Yup. I want an intergral 10/22 barrel. I might get one made locally.
View Quote

KFArmory  shows they have 3 in stock, might be worth checking them out, I haven't bought from them before.  I do have a TSS on my takedown, it's a great integral.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
does anyone have any experience Silencer Central? I thought I was doing a form 4 because everyone said that was the quick turn around. Theirs said form 4 but also asked for someone elses name for a trust. I put my wifes name. It didnt ask any other info about my wife. So I'm not exactly sure what it is. This is my first time with a stamp, its been a month (I know isnt long compared to old wait times). I just thought it would be faster. Anyways they said that was the only way they did theirs. Just wondering if I should try another place while I wait or is it some hang up because its my first? possibly something showing up on my record?
View Quote

If your wife is listed as a trustee and you did not do the responsible person paperwork and finger prints for her its gonna get denied. If they did not ask for the full paperwork on her they fucked up if she is a RP on the trust, if she is just a beneficiary then you should be ok. You need to read the trust.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Suppressor availability (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top