Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2021 8:32:39 AM EDT
For several years I have used the Proraso hard soap in the green bowl and a badger brush.  

This week I switched to the Proraso soft soap in a squeeze tube.

Amazing difference. Using the same blade, the shave is much much closer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll have to try a tube if I see it.

I have a few pucks, yet, to go.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t shaved in more than a month.
Wife unit does not want mustache rides.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the tube stuff. Proraso blue is all I use.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 3:02:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
For several years I have used the Proraso hard soap in the green bowl and a badger brush.  

This week I switched to the Proraso soft soap in a squeeze tube.

Amazing difference. Using the same blade, the shave is much much closer.
View Quote

Thanks for this op I ordered a tube after reading this thread as well as there pre shave. I used the same brush and Muhle with a shark blade it was literally the closest shave I've had in a long time. Two passes and I was good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Good stuff.

My wife picks it up for me at Bath & Body Works when they have a sale.

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
View Quote
This.

blue.. in the tube.

good brush, spend the time whipping up a good lather and use the blue pre/post shave cream.
just put an order in for more this morning
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
This.

blue.. in the tube.

good brush, spend the time whipping up a good lather and use the blue pre/post shave cream.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
This.

blue.. in the tube.

I've been thinking about trying the blue pre-shave. Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 4:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: right_rudder] [#8]
I've been thinking about trying the blue pre-shave. Is it worth it?
View Quote
I think so. During certain times of the year my skin is more sensitive to what I put on it and I've never had a problem with the blue.
also really like the scent. It's a masculine, Italian barbershop smell.

ETA: it also makes a noticeable difference in the first pass, especially if you have heavy growth or (and more importantly to me) shave every day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#9]
16yo son says he needs to shave more. Showed me his razor, a Quattro with lots of buildup.  "Son, how often are you changing the blade cartridge?"  he says, monthly

Just got him a Merkur DE safety razor, a bunch of good blades, a badger brush, and gave him my last bowl of Proraso soap.  Told him to save the bowl and tell me when it's empty so I can get him a tube of soap.  

I've also ordered him a RazorGuard kit to store the razor in. Keeps crud from drying onto the blade.  When he runs out of the solution, he can refill it with baby oil (that's what I do).  

Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite, along with their aftershave balm.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#12]
It's great stuff. Been using it for years. If you really want to bathe your face in luxury try some Geo F. Trumper shaving cream.

Also check out the superior shave. They use to have a shop here in jax. When back to online only now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I just bought a tube of Proraso Saturday and tried it out.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#14]
always liked the cream a lot.  the bowl does give the benefit of a lather bowl built in so you can adjust how you want it.  But totally agree tube is a slicker shave.  either way there is always proraso in my house.

These days I'm a Taylor of Old Bond guy.  Great foam and I enjoy almost all their scents.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:36:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rtlm] [#15]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
16yo son says he needs to shave more. Showed me his razor, a Quattro with lots of buildup.  "Son, how often are you changing the blade cartridge?"  he says, monthly

Just got him a Merkur DE safety razor, a bunch of good blades, a badger brush, and gave him my last bowl of Proraso soap.  Told him to save the bowl and tell me when it's empty so I can get him a tube of soap.  

I've also ordered him a RazorGuard kit to store the razor in. Keeps crud from drying onto the blade.  When he runs out of the solution, he can refill it with baby oil (that's what I do).  

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1766/3071/products/RazorGuard_Starter_Kit_square_800x.jpg?v=1579915302
View Quote

Scrolling thru this thread awhile back and saw this tip.
Many thanks, leaving razor clean in mineral or baby oil has been a game changer.

Edit to add:
I agree that Proraso cream menthol is awesome, good shaving bowl and badger brush is luxury with the cream.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep, I keep the Proraso bowl/badger brush for home use, but keep the tube in my travel bag. It trumps everything else by a mile.

Pro-tip, don't wake up 3 sheets to the wind in a shitty hotel room and attempt to brush your teeth with it. Instant regret.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top