Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 3:52:24 PM EDT
2015 Mustang.  94,000 miles.
TPMS went out on one wheel.  Are the other three on borrowed time?  Replace the one or all 4?
FWIW, I bought 4 replacements.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
My 2015 f150 had one go.
Month later, another.
Month later, yet another.
2 weeks later, the final one shit the bed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I replaced one over a year ago.  Other three still running.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By paul463:
Yes.
My 2015 f150 had one go.
Month later, another.
Month later, yet another.
2 weeks later, the final one shit the bed.
View Quote

We have the same TPMS units. Good to know.  All it is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Sensor battery life average is 8 to 10 years for factory units, and replacements seem to last half of that if you are lucky.  These things have quickly become one of my best money makers. I buy them in bulk
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought replacements for the Tacoma when getting new tires at Discount Tire.  3 out of the 4 were dead within the week.  At least they didn't charge me again to replace them (all 4) again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 2016 F150, second set of tires on the factory TPMS with no problems. But then again, I don't race it or do burnouts with it
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:11:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#7]
Originally Posted By Goostoff:
Sensor battery life average is 8 to 10 years for factory units, and replacements seem to last half of that if you are lucky.  These things have quickly become one of my best money makers. I buy them in bulk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goostoff:

Yea, I bought Ford parts.  I’m just hoping they haven’t been sitting on a shelf for 8-9 years somewhere.

Originally Posted By tspike:
I have a 2016 F150, second set of tires on the factory TPMS with no problems. But then again, I don't race it or do burnouts with it

I’m a boomer.  I may drive fast on occasion, but I’ve never done a burnout with this car.  
Isn’t that a shame?  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Where is the best place to buy replacements? Is there a widget to program them at home? Dealership wants crazy money to replace with OEM and program new ones for my wifes Jeep.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#9]
Originally Posted By Vague:
Where is the best place to buy replacements? Is there a widget to program them at home? Dealership wants crazy money to replace with OEM and program new ones for my wifes Jeep.
View Quote

Try an online Jeep specialty shop. I bought mine at CJ Pony parts.  $100 for all 4. Dealership wanted $75 for one.  I’ve read on the Mustang forums that I don’t need to program mine.  The 2015 will self program after 10-20 miles.
Also try tpms.com or tire rack.

Edit: They do sell a programmer for my car, but it’s $40 and everyone says it’s a waste of time unless you’re swapping tires at a race track to race and you need to monitor tire pressure changes with temps rising.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top