Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2024 12:40:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Utahshooting]
Lots of good, old UFO stuff on there and super easy to find. Re-watched, "UFO's are Real" from 1979. Extremely well done. Stanton Friedman, J Allen Hynek, Jesse Marcel, lots of first person interviews with figures we all know.

"Out of The Blue" is a great follow on. Contemporary interviews with Betty and Barney Hill, Travis Walton, and others.

Perhaps what is most striking is to see how far we have regressed. In the late 60's, everyone knew it was real, right up until the .GOV Disinformation campaign swung in to full gear.

Project Sign, Grudge, Blue Book, Condon Report...., tamped it all down.

It has now resurfaced. The cycle continues.

It's now our turn.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discovered the Tubi UAP selection a couple of months ago. Lots of classics and a few new ones on there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think things have regressed as much as they have stagnated, this has made the people who are interested but not convinced either way say "same shit different decade" and tune out. What you have left is mostly people who think it is absolutely aliens, and people who feel insulted by the mere thought of aliens and attacks anything they didn't read in a textbook. If you look just at stuff put out by Greer or Corbell and others people appear to believe just as much as they did back then.

Really, what has changed in the last 70 years?

Disclosure is coming! Yeah, Keyhoe talked about that in the late 40's. The whole "humans can't handle it" nonsense from the RAND institute was from the 50's, they also said we wouldn't be able to live with knowledge of the A or H bomb.

Tic Tac's! One of the easiest sightings to explain as man made, both waves occurred when the Navy was rolling out new sensor packages. They also sound an awful lot like the palladium fueled reports of the late 50's early 60's. From a UFO sense the timing with the second sightings 10 years 2 months later and 50 degrees east is really interesting, but CIA doing CIA things is far more likely.

The Government certainly doesn't help things, for example the green triangle UFO that Corbell released a few years ago. It's obviously a bokeh, but the gov acts like it's Aliens with anti collision lights because they don't want to release anything about the classified sensor system that took the picture.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning, but I can't think of anything that's legitimately new in the UFO world that is from this century. I do enjoy the mental aspect, you can learn a lot about the stock market by watching whats going on with UFO's.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:
Lots of good, old UFO stuff on there and super easy to find. Re-watched, "UFO's are Real" from 1979.
View Quote
Thanks for that. Just got done watching it.

Blows my mind that was from 1979 and reflects the same stuff we're discussing today. What really peaked my interest was the 1975 Switzerland UFO and the book of notes the farmer took. Gonna research that myself. Seems the photo and the story is very genuine. Wonder why its not talked about more in UFO circles? Never heard it mentioned by jacques vallee or any other big names.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top