Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2022 8:14:31 PM EDT
I’ve been using shaving soaps for the past 11 or 12 years and decided to try something new. I picked up some Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor scented shaving cream. This morning was my first shave with it.

It didn’t take much to get a good lather - and it lathered up fast! It had a good consistency and was decently slick. But as soon as the lather was removed, a subsequent pass of the razor was met with some friction. Luckily I had plenty of lather on my brush so I made sure to just go over my skin once then brushed on a bit more where I needed another swipe of the razor. The scent is nice and manly smelling. Strong but not over powering. I didn’t apply any aftershave lotion and the scent stuck around for an hour or more. My skin never dried out. All in all I’m pleased with it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SDGlock23] [#1]
I've got some TOBS, well two at the moment, sandalwood and also peppermint, which is my favorite.  I was just thinking earlier I need to try a few more flavors.  With both I dont even have to use aftershave lotion.  Just ordered some Eton College to try it out
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t remember what website but there’s a nice sample pack online where you can try like 15 different scents they have
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Germanshepherd354:
I don’t remember what website but there’s a nice sample pack online where you can try like 15 different scents they have
View Quote

That would be pretty sweet. I want to try more of their scents but it’s difficult to decide when I’ve never smelled them. Certain smells give me headaches so I’d hate to drop $20+ on some shaving stuff I couldn’t use. I took a gamble with the Mr Taylor scent and it paid off but a sample pack would be great.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using TOBS for years, fantastic stuff.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks, I’ll order one of those the next time I’m putting together an order of shaving supplies.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like their shaving cream.  Coconut is my favorite, but that's the only scent that I've tried.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm about to run out of sandalwood and will probably get more but I have a million others I should get through.  Since I started having a beard I shave way less and don't use it up very quickly and soaps last forever anyway.  

I live close enough to Maggard's that I can go a couple times per year and actually smell everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top