Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2024 8:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W202fan90]
The title says it all. I will be in this area for ~8-10 weeks while I complete a clinical rotation "audition". I am struggling to find decent housing at the moment. There is a long-term stay "suite style" hotel in WR, but it looks like that is going to run me ~$1300/mo (maybe they will give me a better price if I call them and tell them I will be staying for an extended period). I also have no idea if there is a "bad" side of town or not.

Any suggestions? Aside from housing, any other recommendations on things such as local restaurants would be excellent (just NO NC BBQ, please ).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd recommend Baskin Robbins, but if you're really stuck on Warner...

take a look at these
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Eat at The Boarding House.

It's an experience.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W202fan90] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lokifox:

It's an experience.
View Quote

Care to elaborate? Or, is this just something I will just need to see for myself?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

Care to elaborate? Or, is this just something I will just need to see for myself?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By W202fan90:
Originally Posted By lokifox:

It's an experience.

You won't be disappointed.

Just a quirky thing that doesn't exist in the modern world.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
furnishedfunder.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:34:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cda97] [#6]
There's a Buc-ees nearby

Don't forget to visit the Air Force museum
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Do not go into the UPS battery storage room in the IT Building.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of decent places to eat in Macon, but stay out of downtown after dark.  Same is true for WR.  

Can’t help on housing. $1300/month sounds cheap, so long as it’s not in a crappy part of town.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Call the extended stays and ask them for longer term rate.   Also many places after 30 days there is less tax on hotel room.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Med school audition or something?

Ask whatever place you're auditioning for to help with suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Med school audition or something?

Ask whatever place you're auditioning for to help with suggestions.
View Quote

Yes, that is exactly what it is. I was planning on contacting the hospital program, but figured I would ask on GD first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#12]
There is an Air Force base on the east side of town so there will be plenty of hotels that offer long term stay, and the rates should be competitive.

Anything on the east side of town will be older and crappier so I would avoid.  All the new stuff is on the west side and to the south.  Watson Blvd is the main road into town that goes to the AFB.  Russell Pkwy is  a couple of miles to the south, and avoid the east side as well.  And Hwy 96 is another couple of miles to the south, and it will also have the newer area with more restaurants.  This would be the Kathleen area, and all three of these roads run into I-75.  

Warner Robins itself is just one giant strip mall so most of the restaurants will be chains, but you'll find most of the hotels on Watson Blvd, and that's where the hospital is.  You'll find the nicer independent restaurants on Hwy 96 and in Perry, GA.  Perry is a few miles further south, and you'll probably find some street festivals going on there on the weekends.  It's an older and nicer downtown area.  

And then you have Macon, GA, which is about 15 minutes to the north of Warner Robins.  It's a larger city, and you'll find nice restaurants and bars there, but don't wander around too much at night.  There's a lot of crime in some areas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Museum at the air base is a must see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top