Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2023 10:40:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't afford that many more scubapro logos or shearwater transmitters . . .
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Rubbermaid-style tote with all my "extra" parts, purchased spares, tools, o-ring sets, O2 compatible lube, etc. Also took a set of doubles regs as a backup in case I had issues with my sidemount regs during my recent AN/DP class... some of these places have no surface support within literally an hour or more drive so you don't have much choice but to overpack
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:
I have a Rubbermaid-style tote with all my "extra" parts, purchased spares, tools, o-ring sets, O2 compatible lube, etc. Also took a set of doubles regs as a backup in case I had issues with my sidemount regs during my recent AN/DP class... some of these places have no surface support within literally an hour or more drive so you don't have much choice but to overpack
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
We were just there on Saturday.  Great local spot and vis was really good for how crowded it was on the surface.  Funny enough, everytime we've been and the crowd has been high you still don't see many people once you get under the surface.  I think it's because there are enough "sites" to visit that you rarely cross paths.

The owners are looking for a helicopter to add as well.

Smoky Mountain Divers is the closest shop (about 8 minutes from the site) and they have some good people there.  $12 Nitrox fills, or $8 for air.

I love the fact that this is NOT a remote site, but it sure feels secluded once you get down into the quarry.  Very easy to access from I-26.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:22:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#6]
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top