Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Fatty informed me that MFS is out of stock on LorAnn Lemonade flavoring.  You can buy it direct from LorAnn for the same price (although I've never done so).
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking into diy juices. Vapingunderground.com has a plethora of information. I'm basically going to use recipe s off there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yoda29] [#3]
I am just getting started amd have ordered a few things from wizard labs. I came across this other site but was wondring if anyone has heard or used them.
one-on-one
It also looks like they have a very short list kf free samples you can order as well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Lately I've been thinking about switching to mixing by weight. Seems way faster, more accurate, cleaner, and easier.

Anyone try mixing this way? Pros? Cons?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

I thought about it but then I'd need to buy a scale and shit. If you do it let me know how it works. I usually mix 100ml every two weeks so for me it's not that big of a deal. Mixing 100ml also takes all the decimal points out of it which makes it more accurate using syringes, IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Punkface:
Lately I've been thinking about switching to mixing by weight. Seems way faster, more accurate, cleaner, and easier.

Anyone try mixing this way? Pros? Cons?

I thought about it but then I'd need to buy a scale and shit. If you do it let me know how it works. I usually mix 100ml every two weeks so for me it's not that big of a deal. Mixing 100ml also takes all the decimal points out of it which makes it more accurate using syringes, IMO.

I am never going back to mixing by volume. The mixing itself wasn't that big of a change. I thought adding amounts of flavor was about the same effort and took about the same amount of time for me. However, the preparation and clean up was so much faster.

No washing and cleaning out syringes for reuse and no popping nipple tops off flavor bottles. This cut my DIY time by quite a bit.

The only thing left is to wait a week and see how the juice turned out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
In, finally.

I got some 36mg nic in VG, some VG & some PG from Nude Nicotine and a bunch of flavors from Bullcity.
(Size: 10ml)
Biscuit Concentrate-INW
Blueberry Concentrate-INW
Cactus Concentrate-INW
Cinnamon Danish Swirl V2 - Cap
Cinnamon Spice-TFA
Citrus Mix-FA
Fresh Cream-FA
Greek Yogurt-TFA
Green Apple-TFA
Lemon Concentrate-INW
Lemon Mix WG-INW
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic)-FA
Organic Strawberry-TFA
Raspberry Concentrate-INW
Spicy Biscuit TDM-INW
Strawberry Concentrate-INW
Yogurt-FA

In typical style I wasn't planning to follow any recipes - just looking for some not very sweet simple fruit flavors. Open to any recommendations of course.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:33:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#8]
I tried to make something along the lines of Propaganda Reform (apple cinnamon crumb cake) which I love, but the TFA Green Apple is just kind of off to me.

This one came out great - just a clean, light, fairly dry berry flavor. Clear and easy on coils too, with out much "burn" on the throat. Great for chain vaping and all day long. Mine is 75% VG (wish I made it higher) at 2mg nic.

Lemon Mix 1%
Blueberry1%
Raspberry 1%
Cactus1%

All are from INW - they are strong and taste like the real thing IMO. At these concentrations it is aromatic and flavorful - my wife bitched from the other room. It reminds me of Calistoga flavored mineral water - not like a fruit punch or something.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I have noticed a lot of people using 36 or 24 mg nic base in their recipes.  just out of curiosity why made you go that route instead of using 100mg nic base?   100mg nic is cheaper in the long term than the lower level nicotine bases because you are using so much less of it in a nicotine.  Are there any benefits to using a lower nic base other than people think 100mg nic is more harmful?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wade231:
I have noticed a lot of people using 36 or 24 mg nic base in their recipes.  just out of curiosity why made you go that route instead of using 100mg nic base?   100mg nic is cheaper in the long term than the lower level nicotine bases because you are using so much less of it in a nicotine.  Are there any benefits to using a lower nic base other than people think 100mg nic is more harmful?
View Quote

I wouldn't bother with gloves with 24 or 36mg...it doesn't take much of a fuck up to have you wearing gloves with 100mg.  I managed through a series of oopses to get a very small amount of 100mg on my tongue, and even that tiny amount was decidedly unpleasant.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I vape at 1.5mg nic. By the time I would be finished using a 30 ml bottle of 100mg nic, it would all be oxidized before I got a chance to even get through half of it. Using a lower concentration nic base, I can go through nic base before it has a chance to oxidize. Also, lower level nic bases oxidize more slowly.

Spilling or getting 100mg nic base on yourself is terrifying and absolutely sucks too. Got some on myself one day and I felt like absolute dog shit for a while.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#12]

I vape at 1.5mg nic. By the time I would be finished using a 30 ml bottle of 100mg nic, it would all be oxidized before I got a chance to even get through half of it. Using a lower concentration nic base, I can go through nic base before it has a chance to oxidize. Also, lower level nic bases oxidize more slowly.

Spilling or getting 100mg nic base on yourself is terrifying and absolutely sucks too. Got some on myself one day and I felt like absolute dog shit for a while.
View All Quotes

Yeah and you are really paying for the nic. pretty directly. A 30ml bottle of 100mg is expensive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sywagon:

Yeah and you are really paying for the nic. pretty directly. A 30ml bottle of 100mg is expensive.
View All Quotes

I pay 16.00 for a 120ml bottle of 100mg nic from wizard labs
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Sorry I meant "more expensive" - I.e. the 120ml 36mg is only $9. I figure it is $0.13/100mg vs $0.21/100mg. But if you go up to the 500ml 36mg it is back down to $0.16/100mg
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Buy it by the liter, then freeze it in smaller bottles.  Most cost-efficient way to do it.

My 1 liter bottle (100mg, 100% VG base), stored simply in a dark cupboard, is just starting to darken.  I've gone through about a 3rd of it in about a year.  It actually has more of a bite to it now, which I like, because I can use less of it but still get good throat hit, and I'm trying to back off my nic levels.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a dumbass.  I just realized I ordered 1000ml worth of flavoring last night, and didn't order sweetener.

Now I have to order enough additional flavorings, in addition to the sweetener, to get over the free-shipping threshold.

I'm up for some experimentationalisming.  Anyone have an idea they'd like me to try?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Got lazy and picked up a couple of retail bottles last week...Pinup Vape "Christie" and another brand's "Miss Samoa".  Both tasty.  Both fouled my wicks and coils faster than...well, in hours.  So back to homebrew for me, and about time to order some new flavors to mix things up.

With fall setting in, I'm thinking warm baked goods.  A bit of honey, butter...and apple?  Yeah, I think I'm going to come up with a warm apple strudel recipe.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]

You ever have Five Pawns Gambit?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Twelvepack:
Got lazy and picked up a couple of retail bottles last week...Pinup Vape "Christie" and another brand's "Miss Samoa".  Both tasty.  Both fouled my wicks and coils faster than...well, in hours.  So back to homebrew for me, and about time to order some new flavors to mix things up.

With fall setting in, I'm thinking warm baked goods.  A bit of honey, butter...and apple?  Yeah, I think I'm going to come up with a warm apple strudel recipe.

You ever have Five Pawns Gambit?

Nope...warm apple strudel?  I'd love to try it, but I ain't payin' for retail juice again unless it's an emergency.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]
five pawns gambit clone

Apple pie 10%

Vanilla bean ice cream 5%

Caramel (cap) 2%

Cotton candy 1.5%

Never had the original, but this turned out pretty darn good for me!

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:58:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skunkape71] [#23]
Keith,

I just took a look at my recipe, and the original calls for CAP Caramel..  However, I've been using TFA since I had it on hand.  Everything TFA as well.  Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Finally made a juice with cherry that doesn't taste like cough syrup.  A buddy came over, and we decided to mix some juice, and he was dead set on using black cherry.  Went with cake batter, vanilla bean ice cream, sweetener and black cherry.  His flavor choices, and I just worked the proportions.  Started out with just drops of the cherry to make a base, then we ended up adding like 2 more drops of ice cream and 2 drops of cherry to a 30ml bottle.  And it turned out great, the flavors really layered well, cake followed by really nice ice cream with a wonderfully sweet cherry finish.

Near impossible to come up with an actual recipe mixing like that, but it's always the little tweaks at the end that seem to bring it home.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/diy-mixing-starter-kit.html

When you add in the PG/VG, Nic and flavorings, via the checkboxes, it comes to $103.  I'm sure I have some points to burn up there, and I could probably find a coupon code also to bring it down.

Is that kit sufficient for a noob to DIY juice?  Or is like most kits for most things, and I'd be better off buying in pieces of exactly what I need?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/diy-mixing-starter-kit.html

When you add in the PG/VG, Nic and flavorings, via the checkboxes, it comes to $103.  I'm sure I have some points to burn up there, and I could probably find a coupon code also to bring it down.

Is that kit sufficient for a noob to DIY juice?  Or is like most kits for most things, and I'd be better off buying in pieces of exactly what I need?

View Quote

Shit, lots of questions to ask.  Big batches are a lot easier...a LOT easier...to mix up, measurements don't have to be as precise, and it's easier to adjust flavorings and even correct mistakes.

How many mls do you vape a day?  30/day, and most of that is rubbish, you need one syringe, one beaker, some gloves for the nic, and some 500ml brown glass bottles w/caps (poly-cone caps are the shit...MFS doesn't sell them, though, their caps use foil/Styrofoam and degrade VERY quickly).  Otherwise you're going to be mixing juice constantly...although starting out, that might be fun.  It was for me, I guess, looking back.

30-90/week, and it's a decent kit, geared towards making a 30ml batch or two.

I think the flavor samplers are the shit, no better way to try out new flavors...but good luck getting a lot of those flavors in bulk if you like them.  I recommend getting maybe a half dozen good base flavors that are available in larger sizes...stuff that you think you'd like all on their own.  Come up with a good base recipe with those, make a big batch, and then doctor them up with the samplers.

Also, I have a 2 liter bottle of PG...never been opened.  Almost all your flavorings are PG-based, and most recipes that will put you in the 70/30 VG/PG range without adding a drop of PG.  If you are a sub-ohm vaper, don't even buy PG, or buy very little of it.

I'm dead-beat tired tonight for some reason...I see if I can pull it together tomorrow and offer some more insightful advice.

Super thrilled to see you getting into it, though...it will save you a lot of money in the long run, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:28:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#30]
Thanks, fellas.  

Twelve, I generally vape about 10-15ml a day, max.  I set up my tank/coil to not hog juice, but if I'm making my own, I may vape more.  But 10-15ml is normal for me now.

As for flavors, I'm the type to stick to one flavor I really like.  I don't change it up much, unless I get sick of a flavor.  But again, making my own, I may keep a few on hand at any given time.  I prefer bakery type juices.  Custards, custards and certain fruits, apple pie, vanillas, cinnamon.  Also, 70VG/30PG works for me.

If you guys get bored when you have free time, post some links to what I would need to get started.  I don't know who's who when it comes to DIY vendors.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:14:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Ugh, like I said, tired and not thinking straight.  Make that 2 beakers, I use a 250ml beaker to measure my VG, and I have a little 50ml beaker that I use for flavoring...that's why I get by with 1 syringe, which is only used for nicotine.  The flavoring gets poured into the beaker, so there's no contamination of flavorings...I'm with Keith on that, not something you want happening.  It's just another upside of bigger batches.

Standard base for me is 288ml VG.  My 250ml beaker is right in the neighborhood of that when I top it off...close enough.  Into the bottle with it!

My nicotine has...aged.  I got a 1 liter bottle of 100mg nic in VG, and have enough left for about 2 years of heavy vaping, and I just store it in a cupboard.  The upside of this is that it has developed an awesome bite, and I use a lot less of it, I'm probably in the 1mg ballpark, but it hits like a solid 3.  5ml of that into the syringe, and into the bottle.  12ml for a true 3mg nic.

30ml of sweetener, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on my mood and the flavor I decide on.  Into the little beaker, into the bottle.  Unflavored base is now made.

After that, 60 to 75ml of flavoring (75ml total if you're shooting for 3mg).  Pour em in the beaker, pour em in the bottle.  For 3 flavors, you're generally looking at 30/30/15, but you really have to be careful...15ml of cherry is going to taste like cough syrup, as will most berry flavors.  Best to add those about 5ml at a time, give the bottle a good shake and taste.  If you're going to do a lot of that, just leave the nicotine out until you have your flavors right.  The nic is going to change the flavor a tad, make it a bit sharper, but not by a huge degree...you'd notice if it wasn't there, though.

Amazon is the place to go for VG, and you'll use that more than anything, and go through it quicker than you think you will.  I snagged a good deal on a buy-one-get-one-free deal there and picked up 2 gallons of some hipster-organic-vegan-unicorn-jizz VG that honestly is noticeably better than the VG I got from MFS.

MFS has fucked me over on flavors before, I bitched about it here extensively.  But they did replace it (after I ruined 800ml of juice), and I still use them, because I'm lazy as fuck and haven't come up with a better solution.  120ml bottles, no smaller for me, pisses me off when I come up with a good test flavor but then don't have enough to make a full batch.  It's also cheaper that way, in the long run.

Buying straight from the manufacturer, you're going to pay a shit-ton more, btw.  They'll sell it to you, but they clearly don't care to do retail business.  Buying through someone else, though, you can never be absolutely sure what flavor you're actually getting...in my case, MFS sent me Flavor West apricot when I ordered Capella.  I had to call Capella and get them to read the product certification to find out of their flavoring was clear or yellowish...once I realized how much  QC was going to be required on just the ingredients, my aspirations to sell my juice died pretty damned quick.

I'm rambling again.  Giving up midnight snacks for midnight arfcom might help me lose some weight, but fuck me is it 1:15 already!?  Back to bed, more tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#32]
What are the better flavor companies?  Or are they pretty much all the same?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I just started digging into this, on Reddit.  I feel like when I first started vaping 4-5 years ago; "What in the actual fuck is all of this stuff and what does it meeeaaaan?".

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/wiki/diy_beginners_guide

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm leaning towards mixing by weight.  This video makes it look really easy.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#35]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#36]

I use TFA mainly and some Cappella. They are not the same. The custard from CAP is waaaay different that TFA. I prefer TFA for most flavors.

ETA: While mixing by weight seems easy, so is using syringes. It takes me about 5 minutes or so to mix up a bottle. And I didn't have to buy a scale.
View All Quotes
What are the better flavor companies?  Or are they pretty much all the same?

I use TFA mainly and some Cappella. They are not the same. The custard from CAP is waaaay different that TFA. I prefer TFA for most flavors.

ETA: While mixing by weight seems easy, so is using syringes. It takes me about 5 minutes or so to mix up a bottle. And I didn't have to buy a scale.

Add LorAnn to Capella and TFA, and that's my top 3.  Capella is my favorite.  Not sure there's a whole lot more than that to be honest, but I have good flavors from all of those.  I avoid Flavor West, still bitter about the apricot.  Yeah, I can hold a grudge.

Weight is the most precise, and not even looking at the video, I'm guessing they just pour into a beaker and zero the scale after each flavor...if not, they should be, and yes, it would be a helluva lot easier to clean up than a bunch of syringes.

Eventually though you'll just say fuck the scale and eyeball it.    Okay, maybe not quite, but pretty close...you'll be slinging together a batch quicker than you could make a good martini, though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Yep.  He zeros it after each ingredient.  

It's starting to all make sense, sort of.  I'll probably start gathering supplies soon.  As for flavors, I'll probably find a couple recipes online that sound good and just get the flavors for them to get started.  Then I'll start picking up more flavors to branch out.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#38]
Just put an order in at Wizards Labs.  I found 3 recipes on this subReddit that all use TFA flavors.  So I went small on all the goods, just to get my feet wet, and see how I like it.  Unless I'm missing something in my order list below, all I need now is the digital scale.  The one in the video I posted earlier is only $25 on Amazon and has excellent reviews.  Once I get into mixing bigger batches, I'm gonna pick up a plate stirrer, too.

How does my list look, guys?  See anything I'm missing to get started?  I already have bottles to use for the finished product, but I will pick up some new ones once I get more into this.  The 60ml amber bottles are for breaking the nicotine down into.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 5:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#39]
I use a syringe for the nic. and use a (cheapass) scale for the rest. I have three 120ml dark glass bottles around from when I bought juice pre-made, and I usually just make all three up as a base then flavor them one at a time when needed. I literally just pour the vg in on the scale (this might be messy your first shot) and add a little pg because I use so little flavor. I get everything except my mic. from Bull City and use Nude Nicotine. Bull City makes it easy to avoid the flavors that have the nasty extra popcorn lung stuff I chose to avoid. I think the nude nic. makes a big difference over the cheapo stuff my friend uses (my freedom or whatever it is), and it is still way affordable. In addition to TFA I have a number of INW flavors I really like. But, Flavorah Rich Cinnamon is the shit - it is basically the hook for all my batches. I have tried several cinnamon and this is a few steps up from the rest for a rich cinnabun flavor. I use "biscuit" or "spicy biscuit" to add a little sweetness - think sugar cookie and ginger snap respectively. Add a little creamy something for mouth feel (fresh cream or yogurt) and some fruit (TFA Fiji apple and organic strawberry are hard to beat).

So my EDV is some variation on:
(per 100ml)
4ml 36mg nic in vg
85g vg
5g pg

1.5 g Rich Cinnamon (flavorah)
1g yogurt or fresh cream
1g biscuit or spicy biscuit
2g fruit total

And that is it. A little goes a long way on the cinnamon and fruit, and the rest I like way in the background.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#40]
I use a syringe for the nic. and use a (cheapass) scale for the rest. I have three 120ml dark glass bottles around from when I bought juice pre-made, and I usually just make all three up as a base then flavor them one at a time when needed. I literally just pour the vg in on the scale (this might be messy your first shot) and add a little pg because I use so little flavor. I get everything except my mic. from Bull City and use Nude Nicotine. Bull City makes it easy to avoid the flavors that have the nasty extra popcorn lung stuff I chose to avoid. I think the nude nic. makes a big difference over the cheapo stuff my friend uses (my freedom or whatever it is), and it is still way affordable. In addition to TFA I have a number of INW flavors I really like. But, Flavorah Rich Cinnamon is the shit - it is basically the hook for all my batches. I have tried several cinnamon and this is a few steps up from the rest for a rich cinnabun flavor. I use "biscuit" or "spicy biscuit" to add a little sweetness - think sugar cookie and ginger snap respectively. Add a little creamy something for mouth feel (fresh cream or yogurt) and some fruit (TFA Fiji apple and organic strawberry are hard to beat).

So my EDV is some variation on:
(per 100ml)
4ml 36mg nic in vg
85g vg
5g pg

1.5 g Rich Cinnamon (flavorah)
1g yogurt or fresh cream
1g biscuit or spicy biscuit
2g fruit total

And that is it. A little goes a long way on the cinnamon and fruit, and the rest I like way in the background.
View Quote

I love me some cinnamon juices.  I'll have to try some out.  One of my favorite juices was an "apple pie a la mode" juice that had cinnamon in it, but the guy went out of business.  I wanna try to recreate it at some point.

Also, I said "fuck it" and ordered a stir plate along with a scale just now.  Scale, stir plate and a smaller beaker that WizardLabs was out of, is coming from Amazon.  Rest is coming from WizardLabs.  Hopefully the WL order doesn't take too long, but they say that the nic solution is mixed to order and to allow a few days for processing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#41]
You might take a look at Bullcityvapors.com   

I pretty much use them exclusively. 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Skunkape71:

View Quote

The more I read around, it seems a lot of DIYers use them.  I will probably go to them in the future for flavors (they don't carry nic juice, unless I'm missing it?).
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#43]

The more I read around, it seems a lot of DIYers use them.  I will probably go to them in the future for flavors (they don't carry nic juice, unless I'm missing it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skunkape71:

The more I read around, it seems a lot of DIYers use them.  I will probably go to them in the future for flavors (they don't carry nic juice, unless I'm missing it?
Nope,, they don't carry Nic.  i got mine at Heartland Vapes in OKC.  I'm in the city a couple times a week, so it was easy for me, and saved on shipping.  They also carry flavors, so if I need flavoring but don't have a big enough order for free shipping, I'll pick it up there.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#44]

The more I read around, it seems a lot of DIYers use them.  I will probably go to them in the future for flavors (they don't carry nic juice, unless I'm missing it?).
View Quote

I order all my flavors through them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#45]

I order all my flavors through them.
View Quote

I've been checking out their site.  Definitely going to use them next time for a big flavor order.

And I'm reading that they repackage the flavors into squeeze bottles with tips, so if you mix by weight, you can drip right from the bottle and don't need pipettes.  That's handy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#46]

I've been checking out their site.  Definitely going to use them next time for a big flavor order.

And I'm reading that they repackage the flavors into squeeze bottles with tips, so if you mix by weight, you can drip right from the bottle and don't need pipettes.  That's handy.
View Quote

This. My scale is slow to respond so I can't drip it in, but four little squirts is about a gram and it will respond to those.

Oh, yeah, it's me. Decided to make a new avatar that fits the new size. Not sure if it sucks as much as my old one yet.

ETA -wanted to use this but it is too hard to optimize to the small file size.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#47]

I love me some cinnamon juices.  I'll have to try some out.  One of my favorite juices was an "apple pie a la mode" juice that had cinnamon in it, but the guy went out of business.  I wanna try to recreate it at some point.

Also, I said "fuck it" and ordered a stir plate along with a scale just now.  Scale, stir plate and a smaller beaker that WizardLabs was out of, is coming from Amazon.  Rest is coming from WizardLabs.  Hopefully the WL order doesn't take too long, but they say that the nic solution is mixed to order and to allow a few days for processing.
View Quote

Dawns on me I have a stir plate with heater that I use for making yeast starters for brewing beer. You can make some kick ass beer with that too. I just shake my juice though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I know the stir plate isn't necessary.  But I figure new toys are always fun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twelvepack] [#49]
Anyone have a coupon code for Wizard Labs?

This place is great...first time using them, love their selection.

Edit:  NM on that coupon code...the prices were great without, picked up half a dozen flavors in 120ml.  Some were refills, some are new flavors, all but one should be great base flavors.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#50]
All my ingredients and hardware is in.  Gonna mix up my first batch on Thursday.

Nic is in the freezer.  I also don't have as many empty bottles as I had thought, so I ordered some 100ml bottles.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 9
Top Top