Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 8:29:02 PM EDT
Listen before you hate me

In the sequal trilogy you get kylo saying "You're holding on! stop that perchance!"

Now this line is very imporant cause when he says it he is talking like he is talking to his dog when it has a toy and ur hungry. Now rey is a dog in this hypothetical scenario. Got it? k good.

Now that we have established that rey is a chow on a leash, she wants her dog parents back which is why she doesn't give the toy to kylor ren.

Now in the prequal trilogy, we have Anakin Skywalker saying "I HATE YOUUUU!!"

Now this is rude which i dont like when he says hate cause I uphold Christian values and we are taught that hate is bad and yes this is my reason okay no hate plz.

Thank you for listening to me
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DarthGrind] [#2]
The prequel and sequel trilogies are both trash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Am I the only one that saw sequel trilogy and thought he meant the first three, which in the timeline of the fiction ARE a sequel to the later ones?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1911LVR] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Am I the only one that saw sequel trilogy and thought he meant the first three, which in the timeline of the fiction ARE a sequel to the later ones?
View Quote

wait..... now I'm confused.  Who's on first?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
What's this sequel and prequel trilogy nonsuch? The Trilogy is Star Wars, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: The Return of The Jedi.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:29:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#6]
Originally Posted By Maccrage:
What's this sequel and prequel trilogy nonsuch? The Trilogy is Star Wars, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: The Return of The Jedi.
View Quote

Those are the first three in chronological release.

They are episodes 4-5-6 in the fiction. They are and were known as the sequels. Even though they came out first. Because they are "after" the later prequels in the fiction.

Episodes 1-2-3 are the late 90s earl 00's debacles released by lucas with midichlrians and jar jar. They are known as the prequels.

The crap that came from disney after, I don't know.

I punched out after they punk-killed off the han character in the most insulting childish way ever. You know the instant he walks into the room with his whiny son that his rotten kid is going to kill him and they're gong to make han so stupid he cant' see it coming.

Like an idiot, I saw rogue one. It was ok and pretty cool.

Haven't seen a single one after that and ... I don't care. I just watch the circus around them because it's something else to see how horribly they destroyed it. At this point, it's not even worth being truly mad. I just eat popcorn and watch them destroy it and in the process out themselves as racist insular bigots of the basest sort.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]

They are episodes 4-5-6 in the fiction. They are and were known as the sequels. Even though they came out first. Because they are "after" the later prequels in the fiction.

Episodes 1-2-3 are the late 90s earl 00's debacles released by lucas with midichlrians and jar jar. They are known as the prequels.

I punched out after they punk-killed off the han character in the most insulting childish way ever. You know the instant he walks into the room with his whiny son that his rotten kid is going to kill him and they're gong to make han so stupid he cant' see it coming.

Haven't seen a single one after that and ... I don't care. I just watch the circus around them because it's something else to see how horribly they destroyed it. At this point, it's not even worth being truly mad. I just eat popcorn and watch them destroy it and in the process out themselves as racist insular bigots of the basest sort.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Maccrage is correct. There are only 3 Star Wars movies. The movies you're speaking of are the rantings of deranged lunatics. No true Star Wars fan actually believes they exist.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maccrage] [#8]

View All Quotes

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own, and Han shot, period. Greedo never got one off.

Really though, the non‐Skywalker family centered films are pretty good. So is The Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own, and Han shot, period. Greedo never got one off.

Really though, the non‐Skywalker family centered films are pretty good. So is The Mandalorian.
View All Quotes

The house of rat made it easy.

They said they don't think the extended universe - much of which was written and made before the prequels - is not the fiction they're working in.

So post-disney buy, the stuff isn't canon and is a bad fever dream.

Lucas himself is a mess - han did indeed shoot first.

If you have not see the three projects 4k77, 4k80, 4k83 ... They're worth a look: https://forums.thestarwarstrilogy.com/forums/looking-for-project-4k77-4k80-4k83-etc.38/

I'd also stick kotor 1 and 2 in there with the original series, even though they're video games. Fun and cool.

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:21:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#11]
Kirk > Sisko > Picard > Janeway > Archer
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eracer:
Kirk > Sisko > Picard > Janeway > Archer
View Quote

Quantum Leap doesn't count. It was a holodeck program the whole time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

Maccrage is correct. There are only 3 Star Wars movies. The movies you're speaking of are the rantings of deranged lunatics. No true Star Wars fan actually believes they exist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

QFMFT.

I own the Despecialized Star Wars Trilogy in HD.  That's it, because that's all that exists.

My kid will grow up knowing Han shot first.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quantum Leap doesn't count. It was a holodeck program the whole time.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#16]
GoHomeOPYoureDrunk.jpg
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#17]
7-9 are not canon.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By skindroid:

QFMFT.

I own the Despecialized Star Wars Trilogy in HD.  That's it, because that's all that exists.

My kid will grow up knowing Han shot first.
View Quote

Han was the only shot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NZT:
For cryssake, didn't OBWAN tell Luke the place was filled with villainy and scum?  .: Han had to have shot first! Court adjourned.
View Quote

My point, Han shot, no one else.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Didn't capitalize Star Wars and spelled it "sequal" and "prequals".  Low quality bait.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:23:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NVCapCop] [#23]
Hollywood is EVIL - Everything is a Lie
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]
The only prequel to the Star Wars trilogy is Rogue One.

The only Star Wars Trilogy is the OT.

The rest of it is a bad dream.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Firefly deserved another season!
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
The prequel trilogy expanded the lore of Star Wars and was excellent when it is supplemented by the "Clone Wars" animated series.  Go watch the "Clone Wars" and then watch the prequel trilogy and even Return of the Jedi again, it will hit differently when Vader dies at the end of ROTJ if you do.  

George was ambitious with the prequels. He was pushing CGI to its technological limits and he may have been a bit ahead of his time in terms of his vision being able to match the technology available.  The prequels get criticized for their dialogue, BUT George wears his heart on his sleeve and Star Wars is very much a Space Opera where he's not trying to be subtle or nuanced.  

What I dislike about the sequel trilogy is that it had no direction and disrupted the narrative flow of Star Wars to that point.  The complete 180 that Luke Skywalker does character wise in the sequel trilogy without any real context was jarring.  Now had Luke been married to Mara Jade and if Mara had been pregnant and then Kylo killed Mara out of jealousy or some other emotional motivation then Luke discovered that I might buy that would push Luke over the edge to consider striking down Kylo.  With the added loss of his Jedi Academy and having lost everything most precious to him I can see him perhaps becoming the broken man we see in the sequel trilogy, but that ground work was not and has not been laid down yet.   There is no possible way to fix the disuption though of bringing Palpatine back in the sequel trilogy.    Anakin/Vader was literally created by the Force and went through the fall and Hell he went through for one single purpose, to put him next to Palpatine at that critical moment where he throws him down the shaft.   Everything had transpired by the Force to make that happen after Palpatine and Plaquis had shifted the force to the dark side disrupting the balance.  Anakin's birth was the defense of the balance of the Force and his life was for the one purpose of returning that balance. However, if Palpatine didn't die than none of that matters and the entire original and prequel trilogies may as well of never happened.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Guitar_man1989:

In the sequal trilogy you get kylo saying "You're holding on! stop that perchance!"

Now this line is very imporant cause when he says it he is talking like he is talking to his dog when it has a toy and ur hungry. Now rey is a dog in this hypothetical scenario. Got it? k good.

Now that we have established that rey is a chow on a leash, she wants her dog parents back which is why she doesn't give the toy to kylor ren.

Now this is rude which i dont like when he says hate cause I uphold Christian values and we are taught that hate is bad and yes this is my reason okay no hate plz.

View Quote

You're dead wrong OP

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#29]
If I ever won some Super Powerball Lottery and had the money to do so I honestly think I'd spend every dime of it to acquire Lucas Film and save Star Wars.  

I think a lot could be done to fix the sequel trilogy through a supplemental show with a young Kylo Ren and his seduction to the dark side and eventual fall.  I think that series could be really damn good.  

One thing that really bothers me about the live actions Disney+ stuff is that they refuse to recast the original characters and there are some damn good actors who looks like the original cast.  Sebastian Stan could easily play a younger post-ROTJ Luke and that star actress girl from "Stranger Things" is a perfect Leia since she looks almost exactly like Carrie Fisher.  You couldn't completely fix the sequel trilogy, it is what it is, but you could do a lot to repair the damage done to Star War from it.  

The thing I probably want most though is a Revan/KOTOR live action series and most of all a "Darth Plagueis" series.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#30]
They both suck.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:26:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DarthGrind:
View Quote

^truth.

I would trade them both for the old Expanded Universe material.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 110:

^truth.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 110:
Originally Posted By DarthGrind:

^truth.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Guitar_man1989:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Threefingers:
Firefly deserved another season!
View Quote

Dark Matter deserved another season!
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977. It was innovative and fresh at the time. The story was the weakest part.
Saw Empire and loved it.
Waited eagerly for Return...and was deeply disappointed. It was simply a vehicle for selling toys. The recycled Death Star plot was insulting. You ran out of ideas that fast?
I went to see The Phantom Menace...and never paid to see another Star Wars movie in theater. I tried to watch the first Disney serving of tripe and all I remember is them casually offing Solo. I do remember being bored and marveling at how poorly done everything was. Haven't seen the rest.
Rogue One was okay, mainly because it gained gravitas when they died. Solo was okay, mainly because Han shot first.
Mandolorian was forgettable.
Obiwan was awful retconning, lazy writing and gratuitous fan service.
Passed on Boba Fett. I never understood the appeal or the immediate rabid fan base after Empire.
Andor was achingly slow but salvaged by Andor's sheer murderous ferocity and the reveal of Rael's character self awareness in the famous monologue.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#37]
At least the prequels had a coherent story, even with Lucas's garbage dialogue.

I'll admit I appreciate the prequel trilogy more after watching Clone Wars and Rebels.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#38]
E1 sucked, but not nearly as bad as the 3 sequels.

E2/E3 were light millennia better than any of the trash sequels.

Rogue One was a pretty good companion to ESB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top