Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 4:24:38 PM EDT
I've been on an " unseen realm" spree as of late.
Burning through the Haunted Cosmos podcast and getting into Michael Heiser.

While I don't believe these are first hand theological requirements for Christians it's still a fascinating area to dig into.

I will say that Michael Heiser skips over the other other Angels that fell with Lucifer.

No doubt it's not as simple as standard Angles and Demons but a wide variety of spritual unseen sons of God who have been given areas of control..for a time.

It's becoming more obvious every day that there is a struggle against evil. They are coordinated and global and not always seen in Washington and Brussels.

Strongholds with gates ...that will not withstand the advance of The Church.

The plot of The Unseen Realm.
The Unseen Realm | Documentary

Drugs..DMT and demons.
Your D.A.R.E. Officer Was Right!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:48:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#1]
I have enjoyed his books as well.   Ive been through Unseen Realm and Demons, which talks more extensively about the other fallen angels.

One thing that surprised me is his contention that fallen angels are not demons. Demons, rather, are the spirits of the Nephilim and their offspring, with most confined to the abyss, as is true of their fallen angel parents.

It’s a deep well to swim through to get to that realization.  But I can’t find any fault in his logic. To be honest though, I haven’t anywhere near the education to know if he is correct.  I have read some articles that try to refute him.  But I think the authors of such articles have not actually read his work in its entirety. They seem to leave a lot out or make assumptions I know to be false.

ETA:  Its odd you brought up this topic. It has been on my mind extensively the last couple of days.

ETA 2:  I haven’t looked at the religion forum in a long time. But I felt drawn to it today.  

Usually, these forums just seem like a bunch of people who are only here to tell everyone from other Christian sects they are all wrong.  I am not going to waste my time with bickering.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
His book "Supernatural" is amazing.   As is "Reversing Herman".   Hard to believe its been over a year since Dr. Heiser passed.   GOD must really.have wanted him home.😭
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:10:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#3]
His theology seems to depend on many things that require stretches in translations that deviate from the oldest understandings.

For Example,

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when He divided the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of the sons of (Israel).

Hebrew texts clearly state Israel, he is having to pull from the LXX and non Jewish texts to build his theology. We know that Israel means struggles with God, so if we see words from other cultures that refer to a stubborn animal, it could simply be referring to Jacob or Israel. For example, Canaanite Bull El need not be referring to a god but simply a man that struggled with God. God clearly allows El to be added to the names of mortal men. Thus the references could be contrasting those men who were confused as gods with the One True and Only God, because regardless of what is said pertaining to them, they will die mortal men.

Now none of this appeals to me spiritually except invoking Jesus's warnings about the deep things of Satan. Heiser has left the book(Bible) that declares itself to be fully adequate for Canaanite texts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top