Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2023 7:13:02 AM EDT
but this tool rack is one of his best. I've been watching his videos for a while. And he's built some really nice stuff (mainly furniture). But this tool rack looks like an heirloom piece. And he does it all out of pallet wood. He has some serious skill. Pluls, I like that he never talks or has idiotic music playing. It's just him working in his shop making awesome stuff.

I Built My Dream Tool Rack Out Of Scrap Wood

His YouTube channel
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
That guy is incredible.  The attention to detail and the patience he has is astounding.  The mini table saw cracked me up.  Like he has mice working for him or something.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Truly skilled in mind and hand
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how many hours that took.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey] [#4]
He has to process everything from pallets. My guess, if he only has that one work bench. 7.5 to 8 weeks at 40hrs a week. Roughly 300hrs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
He has to process everything from pallets. My guess, if he only has that one work bench. 7.5 to 8 weeks at 40hrs a week. Roughly 300hrs.
View Quote

A good friend of mine redid the floor with pallet wood, in the kitchen in his old house . He collected a BUNCH of pallets, pulled them apart (he uses a pneumatic nail remover to remove all the nails), planed them, sanded them (a bit), laid them, then sanded the whole thing again, then stained it. It was pretty cool. Plus, he got all the pallets for free. He bought the pneumatic nail remover and the stain. He already had the planer and all other supplies. So for less than $150, he got a new wood floor in his kitchen.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd love to see pictures of the pallet wood floor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I've built all kinds of things with them, including a deer proof fence for the garden.

That pneumatic nail puller would make working those pallets into other things so much better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GunsAndGoats:
I've built all kinds of things with them, including a deer proof fence for the garden.

That pneumatic nail puller would make working those pallets into other things so much better.
View Quote

He said it makes the whole processing thing much quicker and easier.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#9]
Originally Posted By GunsAndGoats:

View Quote

Technically it’s a pneumatic nail pusher.  

I used a neodymium magnet to locate anything metal (yes, I understand the limitation) and then used the nail pusher.  I made a garage shelf.   Not inspiring but was fun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife used to get pallets for free and I got really into reusing the wood. Breaking down the pallets was an absolute pain in the ass though.

I felt really good about it until I destroyed my $250 Forrest blade rip cutting a large batch of boards
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 2:41:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#11]
Yeah, I really like videos like that.   No moronic yapping or trying to be "cool, or "clever" graphics, no annoying background music (you listening, Larry?).
I've actually seen some where the idiot has a TV playing in the background while he yaps.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried dealing with pallets once.  Only once.

Just so much work to tear them apart manually, and then what was required to get the salavable parts into shape.  Just did not seem worth it.

Now if I could get my hands on "quality" pallets, and had an easy way to take them apart, things would change.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ropwoo:
I tried dealing with pallets once.  Only once.

Just so much work to tear them apart manually, and then what was required to get the salavable parts into shape.  Just did not seem worth it.

Now if I could get my hands on "quality" pallets, and had an easy way to take them apart, things would change.
View Quote

Pallet  Buster...I don't know if it's easy, but it sure makes it easier.

Not my photo.

Home Depot sells a couple different versions. One is a fixed head and one has an adjustable head.

Fixed head

Adjustable head
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top