Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2023 1:06:00 PM EDT
I need/want to be out in the shop but it's 91 degrees with a real feel of 106.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just washed and detailed the sxs. Got sick to my stomach in less than an hour.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s to hot to fish
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand how people in the south deal with the humidity.  I'll take 110F with 20% humidity in Phoenix over 90F with 50% every time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
I don't understand how people in the south deal with the humidity.  I'll take 110F with 20% humidity in Phoenix over 90F with 50% every time.
View Quote
Air conditioning. We literally can't survive without it in the swamp. If you ever tour some of the old plantation homes in my AO that were built long before a/c was invented, you'll notice they are designed very differently than modern homes. High ceilings, transoms. long hallways, all for keeping hot air moving and away from people. I'm sure it was still quite nasty, however.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just hit 90 and it’s the high point of the day. Nice subtle breeze will cool things off nicely in a few hours. Hottest day so far this year.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
Just hit 90 and it’s the high point of the day. Nice subtle breeze will cool things off nicely in a few hours. Hottest day so far this year.
View Quote

It only JUST became July, and I'm pretty sure we've already had more 90f days here, than the last 2, possibly 3 years combined.

And the thing that sucks even more, is that when it's hot over here in the Midwest, it's humid, too. I don't live in Louisiana or Mississippi for a friggin reason, fer cryin out loud.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LoudLyle:
It’s to hot to fish
View Quote

too hot for golf
and too cold at home
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, seems like half the year my shop is too cold, the other half too hot.  

The sweet spot days in between are nice but there ain't near enough of 'em.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Global_Cooling] [#9]

Shops need ac, mini splits are nice.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep,

I need to add a 3 ton mini split to my shop.  This time of year it's pretty hot out there.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 5:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Quicky06] [#11]
Yeah. Need to talk to the wife tonight. I’ve got a 36kbtu mini split sitting in my cart.  If it wasn’t bad enough with the heat.  The 75 percent humidity is a bitch.  I have to resurface my cnc waste boards daily.    Glad I don’t have much hardwoods in stock.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Currently 81* with humidity at 73%
Today it was 95 with humidity of 89%
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#13]
highs in the upper '70's low '80's, lows at night in the upper '50's to low '60's. I'll take living in the north anyday over living south.
winters are better than hot summers, can still work outside all day long in the cold.

if I never saw a day over 80 again in my life I'd be fine with that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#14]
1500 lbs of rock and concrete done today to build a pad for the outside unit.

Inside unit is installed along with all electrical.

Mini split will be operational tomorrow.

Done with this heat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I was just discussing this topic the other day.  My shop is built in my garage.  So as mentioned cold in the winter and hot in the summer. No surprise.

Heating the space is doable to a point, but since the garage doors are not insulated and the space is rather large, I mostly get localized work area here.  Not adequate for applying finishes, etc.

I have been thinking about the cost to insulate or change out the garage doors and perhaps add a Split AC unit.  Problem is that leads to additional electric work as my panel box is stuffed full.  So basically a value to money thing.

However, the dream of a climate controlled workshop is an awesome one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top