Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2023 1:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup]
Continuation of my original post sometime ago.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Siiiick.

Does it ride as good as it looks?
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Nicolai bikes are bad ass, always enjoyed the alternate shifting location they played with...

My SantaFe wishes it looked that cool
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:28:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#4]
You Asked For It, They Made it: Nicolai Nucleon 16 Review | 2023 Pinkbike Field Test

Pinkbike tested one.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That's cool AF dude. Got any details or ride impressions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Love it so far!

Been on four rides.

Not the most efficient climber in the world, but either am I so it doesn't matter to me. It's also a heavy, big bike so my exceptions as far as climbing are concerned weren't high. But it does what I need it to do. Now going down is a different story, it's amazing. I'd say so far I feel it performs better than my prior DH bike, another Nicolai Ion 20. I think I can credit that to the high pivot design, the thing just eats when going down at speed. In slow areas it's not the most nimble, but I'm also running a duel 29'er set up on it right now. Will probalby swap to a mullet configuration next wheel build.

One of my favorite things is the absolute silence it provides, well beyond the I9 hub. Awesome bike, shifting workings as one would expect and just a great all around bike. Not that I broke a ton of rear mechs in the recent years but not having it hang down there is pretty dang cool.

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
Love it so far!

Been on four rides.

Not the most efficient climber in the world, but either am I so it doesn't matter to me. It's also a heavy, big bike so my exceptions as far as climbing are concerned weren't high. But it does what I need it to do. Now going down is a different story, it's amazing. I'd say so far I feel it performs better than my prior DH bike, another Nicolai Ion 20. I think I can credit that to the high pivot design, the thing just eats when going down at speed. In slow areas it's not the most nimble, but I'm also running a duel 29'er set up on it right now. Will probalby swap to a mullet configuration next wheel build.

One of my favorite things is the absolute silence it provides, well beyond the I9 hub. Awesome bike, shifting workings as one would expect and just a great all around bike. Not that I broke a ton of rear mechs in the recent years but not having it hang down there is pretty dang cool.

View Quote

That thing is wild, personally I've smashed a ton of derailleurs, so Im always interested in attempts to get around them on mtb's. I had a Pinion bike for a few years, and it was nice to have a silent drivetrain and to never have to replace a rear derailleur, though it had it's own issues.

Cool bike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top