Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2024 1:27:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com]
If God, speaking through someone, revealed to you the real mark of the beast would you even care what else they might have to teach?

- Let me begin with one of the first mentions of the Law of Moses

Tie them as reminders on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. (Deuteronomy 6:8)

- The Law sealed the hands and foreheads of those in the Old Testament and this practice continues even today.

"Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, so that it may remain there as a witness against you. (Deuteronomy 31:26)

For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down  he who accuses them day and night before our God. They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony. (Revelation 12:10-11)

- This says we had a witness in the Earthy copy of the throne room, so even the earliest mention of this Law in the Old Testament was understood to be a burden! While the Law was a book in this Earthly copy of the throne room, Satan was doing the same thing day and night in the Heavenly throne room. That is, until he was defeated by the crucifixion. Praise be to God and his Christ for that witness and accuser is now gone!

Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. (John 5:45)

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. (1 Corinthians 15:56)

He might destroy the one holding the power of death, that is, the devil, (Hebrews 2:14)

- When you understand the above three verses you can answer what Satan the Accuser is holding! He holds the power of death which is the Book of the Law! The laws of Moses are the witness that this Prosecutor will use against you at the throne of God if your faith is not in the Gift of Christ.

For the Law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the Law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2)

For of the priesthood being changed, from necessity a change of Law also takes place. (Hebrews 7:12)

And even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. (2 Corinthians 3:15-16)

- We have a new Priest, One in heaven working the heavenly altar things that he filled up with himself! This new priest, new covenant, new ministry, and His new laws of faith and love.

And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life (2 Corinthians 3:6)

For if the ministry of condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry of righteousness! (2 Corinthians 3:9)

- If you are still unsure, does not this verse imply that some of the Bible must contain the ministry of condemnation, since it was once glorious? What if you teach others this old ministry of death and sin before they understand the ministry of liberty and salvation? How many generations have fallen into this snare? How many church's cannot distinguish between these two ministries?

It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. (2 Corinthians 3:3)

- What have these verses said about the law of letter, the law written on stone, the law written with ink, or the old ministry? Even the earliest mention of this Law in the Old Testament was negative. It was a witness against you, the tool of the Prosecutor/Accuser.

As I try to share the truth on such matters my ministry falls on deaf ears, replaced by famous authors who quickly leave the word for secular understanding to profit by God's Word by selling their misleading information. They fill up the cups of those who were once willing to hear with worldly explanations and nonsense that goes beyond the written word. Radioactive comets and microchips? Nonsense! These are not found in the book that proclaims itself to be fully adequate. What I have to say here can be exclusively understood with the Bible alone!

And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark the name of the beast or the number of its name.
Here is a call for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and that number is 666 ( Some manuscripts say 616). (Revelation 13:16-18)

You said in your heart: "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God. I will sit on the mount of assembly, in the far reaches of the north. (Isaiah 14:13)

- Sit down and calculate (add up) this number for yourself, with a Bible in hand you have the needed wisdom. The Bible is fully adequate for you to determine and understand this spiritual concept! Will you say in your heart that you can work your way into Heaven with that ancient knowledge Satan wanted Adam and Eve to embrace, or will you put your faith in Christ and be sealed by the Gift of God's strong right hand?

With Love, Jesse

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#2]
I had even more put on my heart. The same concept different verses.

'You were the signet of the sum of complete wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every kind of precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald. Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold, prepared on the day of your creation. You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for I had ordained you. You were on the holy mountain of God; you walked among the fiery stones. From the day you were created you were blameless in your ways - until wickedness was found in you. (Ezekiel 28:12-14)

"Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, so that it may remain there as a witness against you. (Deuteronomy 31:26)

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. (1 Corinthians 15:56)

He might destroy the one holding the power of death, that is, the devil, (Hebrews 2:14)

By these verses we understand that the Accuser holds the book of the Laws of Moses and uses them as a witness against the people. He is described as the Signet Ring that sealed up the sum of knowledge. The sum being each law from the book that is the embodiment of knowledge and a witness against the people.

an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth  (Romans 2:20)

- The above verse indicates it is the Law that is the embodiment/sum of knowledge and truth. Thus, the signet ring / Satan, sealed a sum of knowledge of the Law.

Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of man, and that number is 666 ( Some early manuscripts say 616). (Revelation 13:18)

- However! The Blood of Christ has defeated Satan, and the Lamb has the power to break every seal this signet ring has ever pressed. This sum has been surpassed by love, that you may reach fullness in God apart from the knowledge Satan used to tempt Eve. Even today, We are faced with this same choice. Will we place our faith in the knowledge of Good and Evil (The Law) or place our faith in the Gift of Salvation from He who surpasses all knowledge and understanding.

of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:19)

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)

Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. (1 Corinthians 8:1)

The commandments "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself." (Romans 13:9)

The entire law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself." (Galatians 5:14)

What then shall we say? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed, I would not have been mindful of sin if not for the law. For I would not have been aware of coveting if the law had not said, "Do not covet." (Romans 7:7)

- Our Salvation is by faith in the One by his commandment that has a sum of one, that sum being love! Salvation cannot be had by the summation of knowledge that numbers more than six-hundred. The number of the flesh is contrary to the number of the spirit! For in Christ we are one.

With Love, Jesse
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#3]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
- Sit down and calculate (add up) this number for yourself, with a Bible in hand you have the needed wisdom. The Bible is fully adequate for you to determine and understand this spiritual concept! Will you say in your heart that you can work your way into Heaven with that ancient knowledge Satan wanted Adam and Eve to embrace, or will you put your faith in Christ and be sealed by the Gift of God's strong right hand?
View Quote

I will say this:

* 666 is mentioned in one other place in the Bible (some translations change it, but it's still there in the Hebrew and Greek, and several English translations)
* The Babylonian number system operated on base-60 instead of base-10, which is where the 360 degrees and usage of multiples of 6 in geometry originates. It's also where time being marked in multiples of 6 comes from.
* Anyone familiar with geometry (as in regular daily usage) in the ancient world or today would be able to see a geometric representation of that number very common in the modern world
* Anyone familiar with the occult is well aware of the inextricable link between the above and the earlier usage of 666 in the Bible

I think a lot of people go down a silly path using numerology (would the Bible really encourage you to dabble in divination when it roundly condemns it over and over?), when the answer is a lot simpler and staring them in the face. All you need is a Bible, some level of familiarity with history, and the ability to use basic math to build things. Basic learned accumulated knowledge is a well-accepted definition for wisdom.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frost7:

I will say this:

* 666 is mentioned in one other place in the Bible (some translations change it, but it's still there in the Hebrew and Greek, and several English translations)
* The Babylonian number system operated on base-60 instead of base-10, which is where the 360 degrees and usage of multiples of 6 in geometry originates. It's also where time being marked in multiples of 6 comes from.
* Anyone familiar with geometry (as in regular daily usage) in the ancient world or today would be able to see a geometric representation of that number very common in the modern world
* Anyone familiar with the occult is well aware of the inextricable link between the above and the earlier usage of 666 in the Bible

I think a lot of people go down a silly path using numerology (would the Bible really encourage you to dabble in divination when it roundly condemns it over and over?), when the answer is a lot simpler and staring them in the face. All you need is a Bible, some level of familiarity with history, and the ability to use basic math to build things. Basic learned accumulated knowledge is a well-accepted definition for wisdom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frost7:

I will say this:

Hebrew scholars argue differently the number of laws. But the most commonly accepted is 613, called the classical laws. However, 3 more were added for converts. This information can be found here and many other sources https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_to_Judaism

The earliest copy of revelation has the number 616 the most commonly accepted total a Gentile would have burdened themselves with. The fact that this number changed in manuscripts over time could indicate the number is dependent upon decisions such as Jewish councils or even the additional requirements for gentiles stated in ACTS .etc

Lots of info out there that 616 was the first value of the beast and it is was also the sum of Jewish Laws.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/616_(number)

Those things like you mention including Nero,Neron theories all leave the Bible and require outside knowledge, this is not God's desire for you to need to eat such fruit to understand that which is spiritual. You can get the needed numbers inside the Bible and most of the New Testament is about how to avoid becoming a child of Satan (A Job Title in a Court Case) by faith in the yoke of the Law

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry, but I'm not following.  What are you saying is the mark of the beast?  A graphical (geometric) representation of the number of the beast?  Which number?  You've mentioned a few.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:39:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#6]
Originally Posted By vim:
I'm sorry, but I'm not following.  What are you saying is the mark of the beast?  A graphical (geometric) representation of the number of the beast?  Which number?  You've mentioned a few.
View Quote
Faith in Salvation by the Law is the seal of the beast. Jesus crucified this law of the flesh on the cross. The objects in the photo I showed are worn on the hands and between the eyes to represent the law, and these are the locations Revelation says you can find the mark. Satans sealed up the sum of the law and if you calculate it based on current sources you get the number 616 which is what the earliest manuscripts of Revelation listed as the mark. You would not have been able to buy or sell without the needed token etc to enter the Temple since it was the place of money changing etc. Remember Jesus flipping over the money changing tables and where they were located? All of these things relate to a heavenly court case. Satan means Accuser and he is the prosecutor that loses the case by the blood of the lamb and the testimony of his witnesses. Christ took the power of the Law from Satan's hands, but if one puts their faith back into the law they empty the cross of its power in their lives and they become sealed by the evil one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the clarification.  It is definitely an interesting interpretation, but also seems to make the mark a purely metaphorical representation of tefillin.  I see what you're getting at, but that metaphor-only thing is not sitting well with me, given the phrasing of the mark-related passages in Revelation.  No worries; I just disagree.

Sooner or later, it'll be clear.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Wat?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s in your forehead. It is knowledge to know the difference between the fake Messiah and the real Christ. The reason He kept saying “let no one deceive you”!
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
It’s in your forehead. It is knowledge to know the difference between the fake Messiah and the real Christ. The reason He kept saying “let no one deceive you”!
View Quote

Here's my problem with that interpretation.

"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name."  Revelation 13:16-17

That's not talking about knowledge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Faith in Salvation by the Law is the seal of the beast. Jesus crucified this law of the flesh on the cross. The objects in the photo I showed are worn on the hands and between the eyes to represent the law, and these are the locations Revelation says you can find the mark. Satans sealed up the sum of the law and if you calculate it based on current sources you get the number 616 which is what the earliest manuscripts of Revelation listed as the mark. You would not have been able to buy or sell without the needed token etc to enter the Temple since it was the place of money changing etc. Remember Jesus flipping over the money changing tables and where they were located? All of these things relate to a heavenly court case. Satan means Accuser and he is the prosecutor that loses the case by the blood of the lamb and the testimony of his witnesses. Christ took the power of the Law from Satan's hands, but if one puts their faith back into the law they empty the cross of its power in their lives and they become sealed by the evil one.
View Quote

Reread Revelation 13, especially verses 16-17, it’s talking about a literal mark that is the name/number of the beast. The context of the passage does not allow for your figurative interpretation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#13]
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:

Reread Revelation 13, especially verses 16-17, it's talking about a literal mark that is the name/number of the beast. The context of the passage does not allow for your figurative interpretation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:

Reread Revelation 13, especially verses 16-17, it's talking about a literal mark that is the name/number of the beast. The context of the passage does not allow for your figurative interpretation.
I described something literal that prevented people from exchanging money during the Temple period. This was/is a literal practice and a literal seal. I included a photo in my first post, but notice those that accept the beast have multiple means of displaying their allegiance. It doesn't say you have to observe all, it can be his mark, his name, or his number. Today, without a temple the current implication could also be figurative, because I believe that beast was defeated within one generation of Christ, which is exactly what he said he would do within one generation in Matthew 24. He also took up his elect witnesses whose firsthand testimony of his victory helped defeat Satan in Heaven in Revelation 12, this is another event "Sometimes called Rapture" that has already occurred. Those witnesses were needed then, not now or in the future.. If anyone believes Christ did not gather his elect within 1 generation, that his kingdom did not become heavenly at the sound of that Trumpet, then Satan is still in Heaven and there is no means for those witnesses of Christ to offer their testimony because they would all sleep when they died, but in Revelation 14 we have the call for perseverance (a long period) before the harvest and also here we find the blessing we go into his kingdom rather than sleep. This is the earliest place in in Revelation that we may be experiencing. Certainly Chapter 12 occurred because Jesus was born of Death and Satan was cast out of Heaven.

Now in Chapter 15 which is after the perserverence period mentioned in 14, we still find people getting the mark. With regards to perserverence Peter said "Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." (2 Peter 3:8) By this we are those Virgins waiting an unknown amount of time before the final harvest, we must have perseverance to keep our lamps full.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm picking up what you're putting down OP I have had similar thoughts on this subject.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#15]
so basically

man, man, man?  i didnt read it very close....

i think most of these things are a "both and" answer... i mean in some way you are gonna need to have authority to buy or sell.  how that looks i dunno

and, i think that the jews might be "the bad guys" in the end.  ie they working to do all the bad things of the book of revelation, with an "appeal to heaven"? because after the supernatural victory of God Almighty fighting for them in the ezekile 38 war, the whole world will give them credit they may or not deserve.  then maybe give them a "free pass" to tyranny, and soooooooo  they may force all this stuff on eveyone, i nthe name of god, but that god will end up being them, man, 666?  and so by default satan?  i think the stuff at the end, just like, at the middle and the beginning will be a lot weirder than everyone makes it out to be
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:26:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ngc1300] [#16]
According to the Jewish Talmud, Jesus is in hell boiling in excrement:
Source: https://www.sefaria.org/Gittin.57a.4?lang=en

Make of this what you will.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaximusEmanatus] [#17]
The content of the OP was hard to follow and discern a point.  Christians need to be careful of the translation of the Bible they are reading.  The KJV has enough errors in translation, but newer versions are much worse, and might not be errors but intended.

Example: Rev 13  KJV

[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: [17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom.

The KJV version states "in their forehead", not on.  "In the forehead" means belief or knowledge.  That is where your brain is.  "In the hand" means work.  The mark of the beast won't be an identifiable mark, but belief and support of the AC system.  If it was number 666 tatooed on the forehead, even atheists would recognize it.  The AC will sneak in, and even a lot of believers will be deceived.

Elsewhere in the Bible, the seal in the forehead means belief, and a mark in the hand means ones works.  To take the mark of the beast means to believe in and follow him, and work for him.

Even in Revelation, the locusts (arabs) were told they can only hurt those who "have not the seal of G-d IN their foreheads"

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The first day of the new age, believers will receive the mark of Yahweh in their foreheads.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#18]
QUOTE - "If God, speaking through someone, revealed to you the real mark of the beast would you even care what else they might have to teach?"

Heb 1:1  God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 
Heb 1:2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 

This text tells us that God's final word to us was made by the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is the last prophet and nothing can be added to what he has revealed.

That revelation of his Word comes only by the Holy Spirit and solely directed to Christ himself as pointed out in Johm_16:15 - "All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you".

Anyone pretending to hear from God apart from the revelation of his Word by the spirit is telling lies.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:18:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#19]
Originally Posted By MaximusEmanatus:
The content of the OP was hard to follow and discern a point.  Christians need to be careful of the translation of the Bible they are reading.  The KJV has enough errors in translation, but newer versions are much worse, and might not be errors but intended.

[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: [17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom.

The KJV version states "in their forehead", not on.  "In the forehead" means belief or knowledge.  That is where your brain is.  "In the hand" means work.  The mark of the beast won't be an identifiable mark, but belief and support of the AC system.  If it was number 666 tatooed on the forehead, even atheists would recognize it.  The AC will sneak in, and even a lot of believers will be deceived.

Elsewhere in the Bible, the seal in the forehead means belief, and a mark in the hand means ones works.  To take the mark of the beast means to believe in and follow him, and work for him.

Even in Revelation, the locusts (arabs) were told they can only hurt those who "have not the seal of G-d IN their foreheads"

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The first day of the new age, believers will receive the mark of Yahweh in their foreheads.
View Quote
Prove the Greek phrase is "in" rather than "on"
Once you start studying the Hebrew and Greek you discover they use such things interchangeably as they please.
For example, when referring to the beast it says  "mark of a man" the "of a man" part is the exact word used to refer to Jesus when he is called "Son of Man" adding the "a" was a translation decision based on the current spiritual understanding. If you say the mark is "of a man" we should also translate Jesus is "Son of a man" However, it could be equally understand that 616 or 666 is the "mark of man" That which is the curse of the flesh, being the law that becomes crucified to us when we crucify our old self on the cross with Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#20]
Originally Posted By Sanelo:
QUOTE - "If God, speaking through someone, revealed to you the real mark of the beast would you even care what else they might have to teach?"

Heb 1:1  God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

This text tells us that God's final word to us was made by the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is the last prophet and nothing can be added to what he has revealed.

That revelation of his Word comes only by the Holy Spirit and solely directed to Christ himself as pointed out in Johm_16:15 - "All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you".

Anyone pretending to hear from God apart from the revelation of his Word by the spirit is telling lies.
View Quote
I spoke the written word how the spirit lead me using His Words. It's not prophecy, I'm surprised it's not the mainstream understanding. Do I have a lot more to say? certainly! but all completely from the written word and could be understood by anyone, no science book or geometry course is needed. I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff wasn't well understood before the modern end-time theories movements.

Just be sure when you provide words of warning also include the below verse to all of those who leave the written word when preaching about the end times, for they must think themselves prophets when they leave the word and require radioactive comets, microchips, etc to teach the truth. Why do they always get a pass?

"Brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us not to go beyond what is written. Then you will not take pride in one man over another." (1 Corinthians 4:6)

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I described something literal that prevented people from exchanging money during the Temple period. This was/is a literal practice and a literal seal. I included a photo in my first post, but notice those that accept the beast have multiple means of displaying their allegiance. It doesn't say you have to observe all, it can be his mark, his name, or his number. Today, without a temple the current implication could also be figurative, because I believe that beast was defeated within one generation of Christ, which is exactly what he said he would do within one generation in Matthew 24. He also took up his elect witnesses whose firsthand testimony of his victory helped defeat Satan in Heaven in Revelation 12, this is another event "Sometimes called Rapture" that has already occurred. Those witnesses were needed then, not now or in the future.. If anyone believes Christ did not gather his elect within 1 generation, that his kingdom did not become heavenly at the sound of that Trumpet, then Satan is still in Heaven and there is no means for those witnesses of Christ to offer their testimony because they would all sleep when they died, but in Revelation 14 we have the call for perseverance (a long period) before the harvest and also here we find the blessing we go into his kingdom rather than sleep. This is the earliest place in in Revelation that we may be experiencing. Certainly Chapter 12 occurred because Jesus was born of Death and Satan was cast out of Heaven.

Now in Chapter 15 which is after the perserverence period mentioned in 14, we still find people getting the mark. With regards to perserverence Peter said "Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." (2 Peter 3:8) By this we are those Virgins waiting an unknown amount of time before the final harvest, we must have perseverance to keep our lamps full.

View Quote

Still incorrect, you’re taking an interpretation of one particular scripture that has some parallels to another part of scripture that is obviously prophetic and applying that interpretation to the other scripture (Rev 13) without a contextual reason to do so. Like I said, Revelation 13 does not make sense when interpreted purely figuratively. I’m not saying there aren’t allusions and a figurative component to the mark but it also is certainly clear by the language and context that the mark of the beast is a literal mark. It also isn’t true that the beast was defeated, Jesus was talking about the generation of people who witness the beginning of the
“birth pains” as described in Matthew 24, most of those events haven’t occurred yet (verse 14 did not occur in the 1st century, verses 21-22 certainly not yet, and 30-31). This is the problem with post and a millennialists, a complete disregard of context.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]
There is a really good book called "Refuting Rabbinic Objections to Christianity".  The name is a little misleading as it focuses on how Rabbinic tradition has corrupted the Laws of Moses, the servant of GOD
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaximusEmanatus] [#23]
The problem with getting wrapped up in a physical mark is that when the AC system comes, people will be confused if there isn't a physical mark.  

Satan started his deception centuries ago in causing people to expect something that isn't going to happen.  Does the AC come to power beheading people who won't take his mark?  In Rev 9, G-d tells satan he can't touch a hair on the head of a believer.  So people expect the AC to come to power with violence, and when he doesn't, they will believe it when he says he is Jesus himself.  When he comes saying 'peace and safety', they are more likely to believe he is the second coming of Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#24]
The mark of the beast may very well be the Kirkland logo tattooed on your forehead.  
I say that jokingly but may be closer to the truth than I think.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#25]
The true mark of the beast is posting about it on the Internet.

OP has it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:47:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaximusEmanatus] [#26]
[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: [17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Those small differences can mean a lot in the end.  That's why the Kenites (the line of Cain) are rewriting the Bible.  They've been working on the deception for centuries.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#27]
[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: [17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Those small differences can mean a lot in the end.  That's why the Kenites (the line of Cain) are rewriting the Bible.  They've been working on the deception for centuries.
View Quote

My new phone already has an NFC chip to pay/receive funds. Small step to under the skin. It will start out as a convenience that the young people already conditioned to body modifications will lap up, drift into the mainstream, and finally become a requirement.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:13:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

My new phone already has an NFC chip to pay/receive funds. Small step to under the skin. It will start out as a convenience that the young people already conditioned to body modifications will lap up, drift into the mainstream, and finally become a requirement.
View Quote

Just don't get hung up on the mark itself.  If the antichrist wants to tatoo a "666" on your forehead, even an atheist will recognize that.  If a world leader requires a mark on the hand or on the forehead, most believers will recognize that.  The antichrist will be slick, and many believers will be deceived.  If believers are looking for a mark, they can be fooled if he doesn't use one.

It's going to be hard for the false prophet to declare the antichrist as Jesus, when he is requiring a mark on the forehead.  And he will deceive so many, the days are shortened lest "no flesh be saved".

It's not going to be easy to spot the antichrist.  You can take Bible verses to an atheist and show him where the marks are required, and if the antichrist requires a mark on the forehead, it will be obvious even to them.

The antichrist is going to be so slick, mothers will be reporting their daughters for not following him.  

If the mark IN the forehead is belief or acceptance, people won't be as likely to catch it, because they are expecting a physical mark. Hence the reason the text has been changed to "on" the forehead.

In other places in the Bible, a mark IN the forehead is belief, and a mark IN the hand is works.  In that case, to take his mark is to believe in him, and to work for his agenda.  Belief and works.

It reads to me like a majority of Christians, even "the elect" as written, are going to be fooled by the antichrist.  How many Christians do you think are out there that don't know to expect a mark on the forehead as a sign of the antichrist?  So if he wants to fool Christians, all he has to do is not use a mark.

Let's just not get hung up on a physical mark, and recognize that in other areas of the Bible, a mark in the forehead is belief, and a mark in the hand is works.  Believers will be sealed with G-d's mark IN their forehead.  That is belief.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

This has been boiling in my thoughts and dreams….. I had to search to find this thread.

In our foreheads…. Food for thought….  The internet, social media….in our thoughts…so many people are obsessed with it, whether on their tablet, computer or phone….which brings into the above dialogue… in our hands…. Phones, tablets, etc…. Phones are now being used to make payments, tap & go…how long before it’s a requirement to buy & sell?

The abomination that causes desolation…. The internet is addictive, people are not out working in their homes and yards, not making things….to busy spending time/wasting time on the internet….

TV ushered it in…sit on your butt, doing nothing but watching mind bending commentaries, fiction, etc.    

Ever since the thoughts came into my mind, I have looked at my tablet & phone, as an abomination…that causes me not to have time to do the things that are needful.  

Maybe I a wrong… but seeing churches using the net, in their services, not preaching a sermon or using a hymnal to sing praises, seems to be along the same lines of thought.  

Who am I, just a silly little person, with my tinfoil hat on too tight…….
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Annarchy:

This has been boiling in my thoughts and dreams….. I had to search to find this thread.

In our foreheads…. Food for thought….  The internet, social media….in our thoughts…so many people are obsessed with it, whether on their tablet, computer or phone….which brings into the above dialogue… in our hands…. Phones, tablets, etc…. Phones are now being used to make payments, tap & go…how long before it’s a requirement to buy & sell?

The abomination that causes desolation…. The internet is addictive, people are not out working in their homes and yards, not making things….to busy spending time/wasting time on the internet….

TV ushered it in…sit on your butt, doing nothing but watching mind bending commentaries, fiction, etc.    

Ever since the thoughts came into my mind, I have looked at my tablet & phone, as an abomination…that causes me not to have time to do the things that are needful.  

Maybe I a wrong… but seeing churches using the net, in their services, not preaching a sermon or using a hymnal to sing praises, seems to be along the same lines of thought.  

Who am I, just a silly little person, with my tinfoil hat on too tight…….
View Quote

You know what I think.  I think it is good that you are thinking about it.  I'm so afraid part of the great deception of the antichrist (actually "Instead of Christ") will be a sleight of hand and misdirection, with people looking so hard for a physical mark on the head, when it isn't a physical mark, then they miss who it really is.

To fool millions, it's going to have to be slick.  A "666" or tatoo on the forehead isn't slick.

Look how you use your cell phone.  In your hand and against your head.  Exactly where does the forehead end?  I know a guy who predicted the "mark" will be a cell phone.  

As long as we're thinking and not committed to the idea of a tatoo on the forehead or something else, we're still good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:36:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#31]
Good video summing up the different theories regarding the Mark.

The Mark of the Beast And The Number 666...DECODED!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top