Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 4:59:12 PM EDT
Looking at the Lunar Pilot for a while anyone already have it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
After looking at them for the past few years I finally bought one about a year ago. It's a very nice watch, but it is quite big, even on my 7.5in wrist. The lugs are very long and flat, so the watch sits on top of the wrist rather than conforming to it.

Also, the lug holes on the leather strap model are drilled in a different location than the lug holes on the metal bracelet model. Basically, buy the watch with whatever type of strap or bracelet you plan to use on it long term, since the two factory options are not interchangeable.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pctech:
After looking at them for the past few years I finally bought one about a year ago. It's a very nice watch, but it is quite big, even on my 7.5in wrist. The lugs are very long and flat, so the watch sits on top of the wrist rather than conforming to it.

Also, the lug holes on the leather strap model are drilled in a different location than the lug holes on the metal bracelet model. Basically, buy the watch with whatever type of strap or bracelet you plan to use on it long term, since the two factory options are not interchangeable.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138981/20240325_170831_resized_jpg-3169237.JPG

View Quote

i didn't know it was drilled different.  I was looking at the polished one, as I'm in the office more with the strap as the bracelet version was about $200-250 more.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the new meteorite dial version.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RonGonzo:
I like the new meteorite dial version.

View Quote

Say wut? NO NO NO NO NO!

I have a black dial on steel bacelet. Just bought an FXD and a Speedmaster Professional…

NO NO NO NO NO!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had one for a few years and like it overall. I got the version that comes on a nylon strap, that factory strap kind of sucks so I replaced it with a nicer NATO strap. Other than that my only real complaint about it is that the lume is horrible. I don't know if I just got a bad one or if that is normal for Bulova but it is basically worthless, even having it in bright sunlight for an extended period you have maybe 10 minutes that it's usable once coming into darkness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top