User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CKA:

If you're willing to take the time, the two videos explain the fundamentals.  Engine is not critical, any exhaust dumped into the apporpriate sized "thunderstorm generator" system will do.  Only requirement from the engine is the heat from the exhaust to start the catalyst and vacuum to draw in the air and create the cavitation bubbles.  They are demonstrating with just a gas engine, there is no electrical generator components, just the retrofitting of the "thunderstorm generator" components.  The UV bulb that ionizes the water where the air is drawn in is powered by an outlet in the building.  There is a stone air diffuser, I think they are just in the discovery/proof of concept phase and will continue to define how to create the most efficient sized cavitation bubbles.  The "thunderstorm" name is in reference to the two opposing vortex passing each other, each in their own tube, one hot (exhaust) and one cold (intake), aka how a thunderstorm generates, which is a part of the fundamental operating principal.  

The key is the ionized cavitation bubbles that form plasmoids when collapsed.  These plasmoids are purportedly a collapsed bubble in the form of a toroid that can self maintain, and essentially consume the exhaust molecules, stripping them into an atomic level and reconstruct them into different elements (oxygen) on the other side (gasp.. the word zero point to rumored to be mentioned during this process).  As to how, watch the vid a few posts up, I can follow loosely, but don't have the patients/comprehension to fully absorb to properly understand and try to reproduce similar tech at my work bench.  I just think it would be kick ass if they are onto something real.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeInMediocrity:
I think they may be onto something, but they do a poor job of explaining and demonstrating it.

The "Woo Hoo!'s" in the video didn't do much for me.  I would have preferred more charts and graphs.  Maybe if I go find and read the referenced paper in Nature, it will do a better job of explaining.

It would be nice if they could demonstrate operation without the engine in the loop.  Just a known composition of gases at a known pressure and rate going into the vortex thingy, and measurements of what is coming out.  Or, maybe I am missing something and the engine is a critical part of the apparatus.  Also, needed a more controlled way to generate specific bubble sizes.  With a variety of sizes, it's harder to understand which sizes are important/working.

Also, the name "thunderstorm generator" is confusing.  Am I supposed to see storm clouds forming in the sky?  Why do they demonstrate with a genator instead of just an engine?  It seems like the only thing the generator might be powering was the UV light.

If you're willing to take the time, the two videos explain the fundamentals.  Engine is not critical, any exhaust dumped into the apporpriate sized "thunderstorm generator" system will do.  Only requirement from the engine is the heat from the exhaust to start the catalyst and vacuum to draw in the air and create the cavitation bubbles.  They are demonstrating with just a gas engine, there is no electrical generator components, just the retrofitting of the "thunderstorm generator" components.  The UV bulb that ionizes the water where the air is drawn in is powered by an outlet in the building.  There is a stone air diffuser, I think they are just in the discovery/proof of concept phase and will continue to define how to create the most efficient sized cavitation bubbles.  The "thunderstorm" name is in reference to the two opposing vortex passing each other, each in their own tube, one hot (exhaust) and one cold (intake), aka how a thunderstorm generates, which is a part of the fundamental operating principal.  

The key is the ionized cavitation bubbles that form plasmoids when collapsed.  These plasmoids are purportedly a collapsed bubble in the form of a toroid that can self maintain, and essentially consume the exhaust molecules, stripping them into an atomic level and reconstruct them into different elements (oxygen) on the other side (gasp.. the word zero point to rumored to be mentioned during this process).  As to how, watch the vid a few posts up, I can follow loosely, but don't have the patients/comprehension to fully absorb to properly understand and try to reproduce similar tech at my work bench.  I just think it would be kick ass if they are onto something real.

The key is the ionized cavitation bubbles that form plasmoids when collapsed.  These plasmoids are purportedly a collapsed bubble in the form of a toroid that can self maintain, and essentially consume the exhaust molecules, stripping them into an atomic level and reconstruct them into different elements (oxygen) on the other side (gasp.. the word zero point to rumored to be mentioned during this process).
I think they achieved something by making a measurably cleaner exhaust stream.  I'm not convinced they are transmuting carbon into oxygen.  If they are going to transmute the carbon, there are over 100 other elements it could be transmuted into.  What makes it just happen to turn into oxygen?  How do we know the carbon isn't being precipitated out of the reaction and building up as a solid somewhere?

This might be a significant invention if it could replace the function of a catalytic converter without using platinum, palladium, or similar.  I don't see this being a popular addition to gasoline powered vehicles.  People would rather have a cat than having to add bubbler fluid every so many miles.

I see the potential application more in the fixed plant area, like electric power plants.  Reducing CO2 emissions is a big deal now.  However, the tide will turn when politicians start listening to the voices of suffocating plants.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
6 seconds into the video.  

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeInMediocrity] [#3]
Originally Posted By IPB:
You have to input a tremendous amount of energy to split carbon from oxygen. You can sequester it, but you still have co2 waste.

View Quote
What if you have solid carbon waste, or some other carbon compound as a waste their meter is not measuring?

ETA: This would still be a big deal because of carbon credits.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2ANut:
You could use the energy output of your car's engine to convert the exhaust CO2 back into carbon and oxygen. But then you'd have no energy left to propel the vehicle.
View Quote

According to what I've watched of the first video, that's not even what they are claiming. Such claims would be one of the particularly nefarious types of scam energy products, where they are built on an element of truth, but ignoring the big picture issues making it a non-starter. Here, that would be the truth that you can reverse the products of combustion back to their original elements/compounds, but then ignoring the basic fact that doing so requires more energy than you got out of combustion to begin with. These types of scam proposals tend to dupe more people than those which are just BS through and through.

But what is being claimed is far more . They are actually claiming that they are fusing hydrogen and carbon into oxygen.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:
Plasma dissociation has been around for a while, I spent some time operating a high energy dissociation transport reactor prototype at a powerplant in 2009.

Most of my career in energy research has been high temperature energy conversion and emission controls.

We knew 15 years ago it won't work. Simple thermodynamics, the energy to dissociate C and O is higher than the energy you get by joining them by combustion in the first place.

Yes I can pass hydrocarbons through a plasma chamber and break them down into C and H, sure we can break up N2O NO and NO2 into N2 and O2. Yup we can take CO2 back into C and O2 at 5500°F It just takes lots of energy and money.
View Quote

This post right here.

Also in the energy industry. CO catalyst in boilers, SCR catalyst also. Converting the compounds into something else isn't hard.

CO2 is a bitch to convert though. Plants and trees seem to like it.

I have been reading of some interesting tech/experiements taking place with CO2 as a feedstock mixed in the refining process with methane and other crude sources. Using different catalysts you can make liquid fuels and oils with it, you have to change up the current refining methods a little. You take in high concentration CO2, such as sequestered from a boiler exhaust stack and use it your source stock of CO2.

No one seems much interested though, all the money is in the destruction of fossil fuels as an energy source, not actual solutions. The big money is in solar and wind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you guys know that there is a carburetor that will allow any internal combustion gas engine to achieve 100mpg, but it was covered up and stolen by Big Oil and the Government?

This is probably the same technology.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Op you have the internet the amount of knowledge you have at your fingertips is unfathomable. It is the modern equivalent of living in the library of Alexandria. You have chosen to leave the library and seek out knowledge from the Alexandria ale house.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

Your specific choice in curse words is beyond lame and despite me not having much to do with religion in 30 years, I find your post to be offensive and far below the lowest hanging fruit. It gets old to see that particular phrase in GD. ANY other word(s) is fair game and I don't even take notice of other foul language (I use plenty of it myself).

I don't expect you to alter your choice of words in the future. In fact, I suspect that you may double-down on it. But I felt obligated to point out how lame it is anyways. Carry on Shakespeare.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Red_Label:
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Jesus fucking christ...

Your specific choice in curse words is beyond lame and despite me not having much to do with religion in 30 years, I find your post to be offensive and far below the lowest hanging fruit. It gets old to see that particular phrase in GD. ANY other word(s) is fair game and I don't even take notice of other foul language (I use plenty of it myself).

I don't expect you to alter your choice of words in the future. In fact, I suspect that you may double-down on it. But I felt obligated to point out how lame it is anyways. Carry on Shakespeare.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Hear me out..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
What about...

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Firearmsenthusiast:
Plasma dissociation has been around for a while, I spent some time operating a high energy dissociation transport reactor prototype at a powerplant in 2009.

Most of my career in energy research has been high temperature energy conversion and emission controls.

We knew 15 years ago it won't work. Simple thermodynamics, the energy to dissociate C and O is higher than the energy you get by joining them by combustion in the first place.

Yes I can pass hydrocarbons through a plasma chamber and break them down into C and H, sure we can break up N2O NO and NO2 into N2 and O2. Yup we can take CO2 back into C and O2 at 5500°F It just takes lots of energy and money.
View Quote

Yep. I think pretty much every lay person who likes to think about these things, at one point thought hey why not try and separate the C and the O2? I did some 15 or 20 years ago, imaginative-me thought it was cool, technician-me who has experience in things electrical and mechanical said likely possible, but would require waaaaaay too much power to do so.

Technician-me was right. There's just no free lunches, they taught me that in technical college almost 40 years ago and it's still true.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

It transmutes carbon into oxygen?

Yea... I am assuming you don't believe the Earth is flat, right? Well, ignoring all of those pictures from space and satellites, and stuff, people have been navigating around the Earth for centuries using the global model of the Earth. Private pilots, sailors, militaries from all countries, shipping companies, airlines, you name it, all use that global model and they arrive where they are supposed to be when they expect to be there and after traveling the distance predicted by the global model.

So, if someone comes up and starts claiming that the Earth is actually flat, how do you deal with that? Literally millions of observations from countless travelers over centuries has shown the Earth to be round. Plus you throw in all the astronomy, the models of the solar system which work exceedingly well, and the satellites, pictures from space, pictures from high altitude weather balloons and there is no doubt that the Earth is round. But there someone is, on Youtube, with some complex experiment making all kinds of claims that his one experiment proves the Earth is flat... or banana shaped, or whatever. As if some one experiment, which no one else can repeat, can make us accept a Flat Earth model that completely fails to explain anything about navigation, or astronomy, the day/night cycle, satellites, or where those pictures of a round Earth come from.

This is essentially what this guy is doing.

You can't transmute elements like that. If you could then it would happen all the time in nature. It would be a feature of our universe that everything would exploit. Same thing for free energy. If it was possible then we would see it all the time. But we don't see it anywhere, except in that one guy's Youtube video. And that means for us to accept that this guy is on to something would mean we have to dismiss pretty much all of the science which explains and predicts, perfectly, the physical world we see.

Now, if his experiments were repeatable, by multiple independent people then we would be on to something. Many Nobel prizes would be awarded to scientists who researched this new phenomenon. Trillions of dollars would go to the company/group who managed to patent practical uses for this marvelous invention. If there were anything to it the CEO of Shell would call an immediate board meeting and shout "Fuck the Oil Wells! Put everything into developing this!"

But there isn't anything to it. This is either a scientific scam or it's some idiot convinced he is on to something when he clearly isn't.

My belief is that it is a scam.

What you do is come up with some idea like free energy from Cheese-Whiz or from the cat/jelly/bread paradox, whatever. Then you come up with some plausible sounding technobabble to support the idea. It helps to know some science so that your BS is just accurate enough to fool the people, like me, without any real training in physics. Make up some videos and a website, and sell your idea to gullible investors.

And then, instead of spending the money on hookers and blow, which would be illegal, you actually set up labs, hire a couple of people, pay yourself a nice salary, and start working on the idea. You probably know it's all bullshit but you can build devices that look good and make videos, using stage magic, to make it seem that you are getting results. Publish your fake results as successes, collect more money from investors and repeat the process. Hint that there is a big government/big oil/big whatever cover up to lure in the conspiracy minded investors. You can likely stretch that scam out for a decade or three and when people finally stop donating to your money pit you just close up shop and announce that you failed to develop the technology.

In short, it's bullshit and not worth your time.

But the cat/bread/jelly thing does have potential. Anyone want to give me some money to work on the idea? I already have a cat and bread, there might even be jelly in the refrigerator.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKA] [#17]
Originally Posted By Thuban:

You can't transmute elements like that.

View Quote

My believe is you need more of an open mind. It very well appears that it can transmute elements and may very well be worth your time if you're interested in this field of tech.

Here's a link to a peer reviewed Nature report from January 2024 that is conducting experiments of the same principles as the Thunderstorm generator.  LINK

Bob Greenyer is mentioned as part of the study, Bob is the guy doing metallurgy studies of the interior of the first Thunderstorm Generator (Thor), his YouTube vids regarding these studies can be found with my OP (Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project).

The test setup is a simple, a heated water center pipe with a cold water outer jacket pipe.  The cold pipe is continuously fed reverse osmosis tap water and pulsed to produce cavitation/nano bubbles over the heated circulating hot pipe. The hot and cold water flow in opposite directions (like the TS gen).  It sure sounds like they confirmed the process of nuclear reaction from simple imploding bubbles, specifically the transmutation of elements into others.  Here are some excerpts from the article I found interesting.

• when water is flowing through a tiny space and heated, it produces peculiar excess heat probably by cavitation and dynamic implosion of nanobubbles.

• Possible nuclear transmutation in ruptured copper pipe was also observed, Fig. 2b. It was found that C increases 300%, O increases 700–800%, and Cl increases 63%.

• Possible nuclear transmutation was found by SEM/EDX inspection of ruptured copper pipe samples (C increases 200–500%, O 300–600%, Fe 400%, and new elements P, S, Ca appears).

• In the previous study, we found that the heat exchange process in multiple-pipe heat exchanger produces anomalous excess heat and nuclear transmutation

• Nevertheless, the above results cannot deny the possible presence of isotopes O2, CO2 and H2O-17 (heavy-oxygen water) in gases from reactors having excess heat.

• The observed isotope gases produced from reactors having excess heat verifies that water can trigger a peculiar nuclear reaction and produce energy.

• This needs further basic research. Since the chances of getting all the present conclusion is so remote, particularly the presence of 22Ne without 20Ne or 21Ne, this work may lead to a new research topic in nuclear science and energy technology if true.

Hope more studies continue to come out to corroborate their findings.  Seems they observed excess heat (nuclear reaction), found isotopes of neon, O2, CO2 and heavy water, plus significant percentages of carbon, oxygen and chlorine, all from tap water...  Whole lot of folks tossing opinions to the contrary of their findings, anyone a bit curious about this???

edit: add bullet
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XJ] [#18]
Simpsons - In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics

Also, give it a rest dude
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]

My believe is you need more of an open mind. It very well appears that it can transmute elements and may very well be worth your time if you're interested in this field of tech.

Here's a link to a peer reviewed Nature report from January 2024 that is conducting experiments of the same principles as the Thunderstorm generator.  LINK

Bob Greenyer is mentioned as part of the study, Bob is the guy doing metallurgy studies of the interior of the first Thunderstorm Generator (Thor), his YouTube vids regarding these studies can be found with my OP (Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project).

The test setup is a simple, a heated water center pipe with a cold water outer jacket pipe.  The cold pipe is continuously fed reverse osmosis tap water and pulsed to produce cavitation/nano bubbles over the heated circulating hot pipe. The hot and cold water flow in opposite directions (like the TS gen).  It sure sounds like they confirmed the process of nuclear reaction from simple imploding bubbles, specifically the transmutation of elements into others.  Here are some excerpts from the article I found interesting.

• when water is flowing through a tiny space and heated, it produces peculiar excess heat probably by cavitation and dynamic implosion of nanobubbles.

• Possible nuclear transmutation in ruptured copper pipe was also observed, Fig. 2b. It was found that C increases 300%, O increases 700–800%, and Cl increases 63%.

• In the previous study, we found that the heat exchange process in multiple-pipe heat exchanger produces anomalous excess heat and nuclear transmutation

• Nevertheless, the above results cannot deny the possible presence of isotopes O2, CO2 and H2O-17 (heavy-oxygen water) in gases from reactors having excess heat.

• The observed isotope gases produced from reactors having excess heat verifies that water can trigger a peculiar nuclear reaction and produce energy.

• This needs further basic research. Since the chances of getting all the present conclusion is so remote, particularly the presence of 22Ne without 20Ne or 21Ne, this work may lead to a new research topic in nuclear science and energy technology if true.

Hope more studies continue to come out to corroborate their findings.  Seems they observed excess heat (nuclear reaction), found isotopes of neon, O2, CO2 and heavy water, plus significant percentages of carbon, oxygen and chlorine, all from tap water...  Whole lot of folks tossing opinions to the contrary of their findings, anyone a bit curious about this???

View All Quotes

You can't transmute elements like that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKA] [#20]
, I drop a Nature study backing up the tech and the best you can come up with is one liners and gifs.. do better GD.  Thoughts on the Nature study?

Edit: typo
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

giggle
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ripcurlksm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRwlYtAMps
View Quote
Boeing kills a whistleblower and no one blinks. How many people could the oil companies kill before anyone noticed?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#23]
, I drop a Nature study backing up the tech and the best you can come up with is one liners and gifs.. do better GD.  Thoughts on the Nature study?

Edit: typo
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

View Quote

Speak your thoughts a bit more. The Nature study is based on the same principals as the thunderstorm generator.  Understood if can't add anything more to the discussion and are looking to exit by the emoji.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Live Q&A today with Malcolm Bendall and Bob Greenyer if curious, or what to get your BP up, depending on your point of view .  From the beginning Malcolm noted that patent applications have been submitted on their further developed designs.

The real Tesla logo - Follow up Q&A
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
I generally find that people who use terms like transmutation, transubstantiation, and transmogrify are trying to baffle you with bullshit.

Simpler terms convey the same idea of change, substitution, and alteration.

Ugh. Speekum big words. Confuse poor Oog. Oog smell shit. Oog see brown. Oog assume is shit.
View Quote

Try "cold fusion", because that's exactly what they are claiming.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

Try "cold fusion", because that's exactly what they are claiming.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]

• Possible nuclear transmutation was found by SEM/EDX inspection of ruptured copper pipe samples (C increases 200–500%, O 300–600%, Fe 400%, and new elements P, S, Ca appears).

edit: add bullet
View Quote

How should I put this...

I do feel the need to always be right. To accomplish this I change my opinion when facts indicate I was previously mistaken. That does happen quite often and I don't get emotionally attached to pet ideas which prove to be false.

And I would love to be mistaken in this case. So many of humanity's problems would be solved if we had clean and nearly limitless energy. I really, really hope that I am wrong here.

That being said, I hold out about as much hope for this being even a partial solution to the energy problem as I do for the Hydrino. Personally I think a variation on Asimov's electron pump holds more hope, and that was intended to be fiction.

Hmmm... Maybe I'll start a company to research the electron pump, anyone have some spare money to get me started?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
If you can convert things from one element to another, why would you convert to oxygen rather than gold?
View Quote

Because 15.999 is a hell of a lot lighter than 196.96657

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#30]

I expect nothing less from 90%+ of GD who thumb through the thread.  Only can hope to have a meaningful conversation with those that take time to look further into the content.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Jesus fucking christ...

I expect nothing less from 90%+ of GD who thumb through the thread.  Only can hope to have a meaningful conversation with those that take time to look further into the content.

He’s not wrong.  It’s retarded.

Internal combustion sources take a hydrocarbon fuel and add in an oxidizer (literally, oxygen) to produce heat, combustion byproducts (mainly CO2 and H2O) and convert some of the heat and pressure into mechanical energy.

If something is converting all that CO2 to O2, what is happening to the carbon in that equation?  Where is it getting energy to drive the splitting of CO2 (because even with a catalyst, that’s an energy consuming reaction)?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#31]
And I would love to be mistaken in this case. So many of humanity's problems would be solved if we had clean and nearly limitless energy. I really, really hope that I am wrong here.
View Quote

Every Sci-Fi show has some magical source of lots of energy. Hyperdrives, dilithium crystals, antimatter, naquada, zero point sources. It's the only way to create that kind of story line.

Lots of people and politicians have fallen under the spell of such magical thinking in believing that "science" can actually make these kinds of things, that they're "on the horizon" somehow to solve our problems.

In doing so they dismiss the options that actually work in our actual world, not a fantasy world.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#32]
This guy is using words from 13th century alchemy 😂
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top