Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2023 11:34:05 AM EDT
I was awarded a pair of Tecovas Ostrich Boots as an annual performance award here at the rig. When I was informed about the boots I was asked what size. Every pair of cowboy boots I own, from 30 yr old Tony Lama Elephant skins to.my everyday Justin's are 10-D. So that's whatnI asked for.

These new boots are extremely tight. I've never had Ostrich before. Is there anyway to stretch them without ruining them?
I'd need to get them more closer to an "E" width with this brand.

We've contacted the vendor they got them from and she informed us to exchange them at a Tecovas store, which is two hours from home in Ft. Worth. The other thing is that I dont have the receipt either.

I have a feeling that I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I would contact Tecova directly. When I sold retail you'd be suprised how many manufacturers  would exchange,replacement or just plain cover things they wouldn't cover if retailer ask for coverage. Also consider sending a properly formated typed/hand written letter should you send boots back for exchange.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a pair of Tecova ostrich. They loosened a bit as they broke in.

Nothing lost by contacting Tecova. I've had good experiences with them and friends have also had very good customer support. It certainly won't hurt to ask.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the response delay, had an all-nigthter and a 7hr drive home yesterday.

I spoke with Tecovas customer service and apparently the manager at the Ft. Worth location.
Both of those were excellent interactions and their customer service is some of the best I've experienced.
Getting the boots exchanged will not be an issue through the store or shipping them back as long as the same boots are in stock.

The issue is getting the order number from the vendor that purchased the 16 pairs of boots for the crew.
Once I have that information it will be no problem. I wouldn't exchange any merchandise worth that amount without a receipt either.

The vendor story is GD-worthy but I won't post that drama here or there.

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally received the information needed to facilitate an exchange.
Many Kudos to Tecovas Ft. Worth and their customer service.
Walked into the store and they a box with my name set aside.
These things are like butter.
Attachment Attached File

I would have like to enjoy the full bar they had in-store, but still had a 2hr drive home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top