Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2024 9:13:01 PM EDT
I want a new 3/8" ratchet, a Snap On soft grip, so that I may dedicate my current unit to home duty.

I've always used fixed heads in the past and never felt I was missing anything but would like to hear some user opinions of different styles.

Flex head, offset, round head...what do you guys prefer for general work?

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Locking flex is the best of both worlds IMO. Flex heads always seem to move when you don't want them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
All day every day this is the first one I grab.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Dual-80-Technology-Flex-Head-Ratchets-
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:57:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MethaneMover] [#4]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:

This.  They are useful to have when you really need one, but mine aren't used very often.
View Quote
Exactly what I expected.
That is the unit I was considering, but in regular length.

I have long handle fixed heads for heavy work, maybe this would be a good compliment?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MethaneMover] [#5]
And then there's this-
Attachment Attached File

It offers flexibility in a different plane.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Settled on the FHF80AO.  May the flex head not bust my knuckles.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate flex head ratchets.

Swivel head ratchets are the tits.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Round-Head-Ratchets-%283-8%22%29/3-8%22-Drive-100-Tooth-Soft-Grip-Swivel-Head-Ratchet-%28Red%29/FHNF100
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Locking flex to rule them all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MethaneMover] [#9]
Trials will begin this weekend, but I am already wishing I'd gotten a 1/4" to go with.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:
Locking flex is the best of both worlds IMO. Flex heads always seem to move when you don't want them.
View Quote

I'm going to agree with bigbryce on this.

I ended up buying a Gearwrench locking flex head. A standard and a long pattern handle. I sold my Snap-On flex heads because the dang heads would wobble all over the place.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Omega-1] [#11]
Not a wrench turner, but have turned a few wrenches. Not a fan of flex heads because they always flex when I didn't want them to. If I need an approach angle I throw a swivel on. Just my cent and a half.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top