Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 10:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredsaint]
Should I bring it back to my AD or send it directly to Rolex, if so, is the service center still in Dallas and is the cost about $2k?

I have a GMT Master II Ceramic with black dial and stainless steel bracelet.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my Rolex from a pawnshop.  The pawn guy / Rolex expert said to not worry about the cleaning and lube schedule as I'd go broke paying for it.  He said run it till it breaks and then bring it to him and his watchmaker will fix it.  I wore it for years everyday and only replaced the winding spring.

Maybe I'm a bad owner, but so far so good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for info.

I had prior services done by my local jeweler but he has "retired" from watch servicing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Used to use Rolex. Now I send everything to  RolliWorks
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:41:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#4]
Rolliworks, TimeCare, maybe L.A. Watch Works, and Nesbit’s Fine Watch Service are a few mentioned here regularly. Other members will likely be along to comment further, and give other recommendations.

Rolliworks and TimeCare are spoken of here frequently, and highly regarded. Nesbit’s is supposed to be very good as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't service on purely a schedule. Wait until you notice the accuracy falls off(+-10sec/day). This service interval can be every 2-10 years.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
My local AD is a RSC. Much better service than Dallas or the others.

https://www.wixonjewelers.com/services/watch-repair/
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By timkel:
Don't service on purely a schedule. Wait until you notice the accuracy falls off(+-10sec/day). This service interval can be every 2-10 years.
View Quote

2 years would be unusual. There isn't anything to be gained by servicing it early, if it's running well I would just keep wearing it. The service center is in Dallas, but many people report good results with Rolliworks as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks gents for the recommendations, my Rolex is over 10 years old and never been serviced, the bracelet needs some TLC and polishing. i bought it new and it was my daily watch for years until i started wearing my apple watch
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
I use Rik Dietel @ Time Care as he's local to me.  Great service!

View Quote

Jelly, local beats long range
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
thanks gents for the recommendations, my Rolex is over 10 years old and never been serviced, the bracelet needs some TLC and polishing. i bought it new and it was my daily watch for years until i started wearing my apple watch
View Quote

Ha that is hilarious, that is why I stopped wearing mine...
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]
6 digit and newer go to RSC.

4/5 digit to Rolliworks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
I use Rik Dietel @ Time Care as he's local to me.  Great service!

View Quote

Rik has done more of mine than anything.

Has his backlog improved?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#14]
Last time I sent a Rolex back to the home planet for a service, it came back running fast and they wanted me to play with it by laying it on its side etc.  It ran perfectly before I sent it in.   Kind of made me mad.  It took a while to get that watch to run right.  I have a 10 year old Rolex that should be serviced and I'm having second thoughts about sending it in to Rolex. It is still running great.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#15]
How’s the timekeeping? If accuracy has taken a dive, then send it off for service.

My Sea-Dweller was 15 years old when the power reserve went to shit.

I took it to a local AD and had them ship it off to the Dallas RSC. I figured I’d let them worry about the shipping back and forth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top