Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K5FAL:
It took me several weeks worth of practice draws before I became comfortable with one.  Now I love it.
View Quote

It took me 6 months of nightly practice, but I'm not a quick learner.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
where the red dot is...that's where the killing is
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TW200:
@Aikibiker
How did you mount your red dot to your glock 44 slide ?
The red dot is the best cheat code for shooting fast and accurate OP. Much easier to learn to shoot a red dot compared to iron sights. Easy peasy...you will see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TW200:
Originally Posted By :
For me it seems the biggest hurdle is losing the dot during recoil and not being able to find it again for my follow up shots.  So I would say practice your follow through.

I just got a Leupold Deltapoint Micro on my Glock 44 and have been playing with it.  Looks like the secret to using a red dot equipped pistol is going to be lots of practice.  Which is why I have one on a .22 lr.  I will move on to a dot on my centerfire handguns once I am confident in my presentation and reacquiring the dot after firing.
@Aikibiker
How did you mount your red dot to your glock 44 slide ?
The red dot is the best cheat code for shooting fast and accurate OP. Much easier to learn to shoot a red dot compared to iron sights. Easy peasy...you will see.

@TW200

The Deltapoint Micro is the goofy looking red dot with the battery that hangs over the back of the slide.  It mounts into the rear sight dovetail by means of a small piece of metal that fits in the  dovetail and the optic screws into that.  They have a model for Glocks and one for Smith's M&P series.  Actually a pretty neat idea since it gets the optic to practically sit on top of the slide.  Direct co-witness with stock Glock iron (plastic) sights.  It looks kind of dumb and the sight window of the the optic is pretty small, but that doesn't seem to effect the speed at the level of experience I have with red dots.  Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics did a review of the optic and said it was not his preferred choice, but it would work since it passed his review process which includes dropping the gun from shoulder height onto the optic on concrete every 500 rounds.

I honestly think if Leaupold puts some effort into refining the concept they can get a bigger window and maybe something more aesthetically pleasing.

@shotar

Originally Posted By shotar:

Had no idea that would work. Just sold my G44 and bought a Sig p322 for the rds capability. Put 500 rds through it with Romeo zero this weekend. Shoots where I'm thinking. I will look into this on my next G44. Maybe by then glock will figure out how to make an optics ready 20 round .22lr.

It works great with high velocity ammo like Stingers.  With cheap federal bulk pack, I had a lot of stovepipes due to the extra weight on the slide.  Before I added the optic I had no problem shooting rounds from the same brick of ammo.  So not a perfect solution for an optic on a Glock 44, but I am just using it as a test gun to get used to shooting with a red dot and will move the optic to a centerfire Glock in the future.

PSA is working on normal capacity magazines for the Glock 44.  Hopefully they will be better then the Promag offering.  That one went right into my "bin of gun stuff I never use" after one range trip.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dsmaccullen:

The both eyes open is going to take some time to get used too
View Quote

You don't shoot target focus, both eyes open with irons?

Geebus man, get with the times.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top